Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » »»»»????WHEN DID YOU GUYS START????«««« (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: »»»»????WHEN DID YOU GUYS START????««««
RealityIsTough
Neophyte
Member # 29817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RealityIsTough     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey!

I was just wondering...when did you guys start becoming sexually active. And by that I meant Oral and Manual and Everything.

If you could tell me, I'd greatly appreciate it...cause I think I mite be ready [Big Grin]

Posts: 5 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

For me it was 17. I got my first kiss at that age, and things just progressed from there (i.e manual and oral) although not all in the same night, obviously (lol)... it happened over the course of a few months.

So, that's when things started for me...

[Smile]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FadingStar
Neophyte
Member # 28427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FadingStar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When we started participating in any of these activities has nothing to do with YOU being ready.

Only YOU know when you're ready, you shouldn't start engaging in anything just because it is the average age of when others have started.

There's a page on scarleteen that has a checklist or something along those lines that you can read to see if your ready. I'd post it here, but am not sure how seeing as how I'm still relativly new (alright, not relativly new, I AM new) . . .if anyone knows the page I am speaking of, would you ming posting it up so RealityIsTough can take a look at it? Thanks!

--------------------
And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn’t need because you knew you were finally free.

Posts: 28 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Voila! Ready or Not? The Readiness Checklist

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5653 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure thing, FadingStar!

Sex Readiness Checklist

{Award goes to karybu for fastest fingers.}

[ 07-10-2006, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Miss Lauren ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FadingStar
Neophyte
Member # 28427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FadingStar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks you guys, youre both a big help!

Take a look at these pages, RealityIsTough, and base your readiness on what you read rather than on how old others were when they started!

--------------------
And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn’t need because you knew you were finally free.

Posts: 28 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RealityIsTough
Neophyte
Member # 29817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RealityIsTough     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well actually...i was hoping u guys could give me tips or something..as for when u started...i was just curious
Posts: 5 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends on what you mean by tips. If you mean tips on when to become sexually active, they're in the handy-dandy sexual readiness guide linked above.

If the tips you're looking for pertain to sexual activities, we can't give them to you, as highlighted in the guidelines.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ethernetcable
Neophyte
Member # 29836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ethernetcable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I just turned 14 (a month or so ago).
Posts: 20 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are talking about full intercourse, well I didn't even have it yet and I am 19 years-old.

Maybe I will have sex in a few weeks,in a few months, I don't know. The thing is right now I haven't dated my boyfriend long enough for me to think that I might be ready to have sex with him.

Really don't worry, losing your virginity is not a matter of age. Do I feel pressure of having sex because I'm still a virgin at that age ? No. Well...Yes, maybe a little bit, I'm not gonna lie, but that's not a reason for me to have sex. You should only have intercourse when you feel ready to, not because you feel pressure.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
colombianabi
Neophyte
Member # 29459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for colombianabi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there is even a doubt in your mind, don't have sex. Your virginity is something special, and if you're unsure, but you do sleep with him, you will regret it, trust me. Almost everyone's regret is that they lost their virginity too soon. Do what you feel is right, not what other people tell you is right
Posts: 15 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Just a reminder, colombianabi: Not everybody regards their virginity as something special, nor do all regard intercourse as loss of their virginity. Many people enjoy first-time sex without regrets later.

Those that DID regret intercourse later likely did so because they had unrealistic expectations (such as expecting their partner to stick around forever, expecting mind-blowing pleasure etc), instead of virginity loss alone.

[ 07-12-2006, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Miss Lauren ]

ScreamInEcstasy
Activist
Member # 26981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScreamInEcstasy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 45 | From: canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
isabelle
Neophyte
Member # 29931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for isabelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it was maybe 14 was the first kiss...makeout session with a strsanger. 16 oral, stupid situation. 16 lost my virginity, stupid situation but I dont really regret it that much its just what it was
Posts: 29 | From: usa | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
musical_gal
Activist
Member # 23394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for musical_gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say only go ahead if there is absolutely no doubt at all that its what you want. And i mean not a shred of doubt [Razz] If there is its not exactly gonna hurt to put it off for longer until you really do feel ok with it.
Posts: 146 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Do keep in mind though, that in many areas having any sexual contact, not just intercourse, is ILLEGAL before a certain age. That age is usually 16, but it varies depending on where you live. So whether you have doubt or not, best to check the laws first)

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mathilde
Activist
Member # 27083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mathilde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the kiss came rather soon with my current boyfriend (first). We progressed to manual sex when we had been together for a year and one month. We haven't gone past that, and we've been together for a year and eight months now.

Don't let him pressure you into having any kind of sex. It's not healthy, and you shouldn't ever do anything that you don't want to do.

Posts: 80 | From: Alabama, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blondynlove
Neophyte
Member # 29986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blondynlove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well i lost my virginity 2 days ago which makes me 15.
Posts: 4 | From: las vegas | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liverpoolfc
Neophyte
Member # 28624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liverpoolfc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
first snog --- 12
oral sex ---- 15

Posts: 16 | From: england | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GypsyEyes
Neophyte
Member # 30018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GypsyEyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First kiss- 11
Manual- 13 (Regrets)
Oral- 15 (No regrets)

Posts: 1 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pierceme05
Activist
Member # 19530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pierceme05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Manual-13
Oral-14
Intercourse-15

Posts: 55 | From: MA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Manual - 17
Intercourse - 17
Oral - 18

--------------------
"You owe me two lifetimes and a pair of perfect blue eyes."

Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nailo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First kiss: 14
Manual: 15 (after a year and a half with the same/first boyfriend I had my first kiss with)
Oral: 16 (after 1 year and 8 months or so with the same guy)
Intercourse: not yet! And we've been together 2 years and 3 months now [Smile]

In all three cases, no regrets. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Love does not make itself in the desire for copulation, but in the desire for shared sleep." - The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera

Posts: 410 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ImmortalAmethyst
Neophyte
Member # 29368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ImmortalAmethyst     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First kiss: 16
Manual: 17

That's it so far.

--------------------
Life isn't meant to be easy; it's meant to be worth it.

Posts: 7 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First kiss: 15
Manual: 15 (regrets)
Oral: 17
Intercourse: 17, and no regrets! My boyfriend and I have only been going out for 6 months which I know might seem like "not long enough" to some people, but for us it was the right time. Which just goes to show you, as everyone else has said: you can't base your own readiness on the ages of others. But if/when you decide you are ready, then good luck and be safe!

--------------------
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James the Dark
Activist
Member # 32379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James the Dark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First kiss: Not Yet
Manual: Not Yet
Oral: Not Yet
Intercourse: Not Yet

Of course, I'd had a lot of baggage during the period when I was supposed to be experimenting with the above. I am possibly the only 21 year old man who's never even been kissed (clergy and eunichs notwithstanding), but considering I have 'extreme social phobia', amongst other difficulties, it's probably for the best.

--------------------
"And you're really asking me if I prefer injury to embarrassment? That's not even a choice. I don't know anybody who's literally died of embarrassment."

People are annoying sometimes.

Posts: 78 | From: Summerside, PEI, Canada | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(James- my good friend is a 21 year old guy who's never been kissed too, it's not that uncommon [Smile] Your time will come!)

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
X_Emma_X
Neophyte
Member # 32386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for X_Emma_X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whats the 'manual' part mean?
Sorry if that sounds like a really stupid question!

Posts: 9 | From: Ireland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Manual refers to manual sex, or stimulating your partner's genitals with your hands.

And it's not a stupid question at all. [Smile]

--------------------
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started becoming sexually active at age 19 so this means.....well, this year.

By sexually active I mean oral and manual sex. I haven't really had intercourse yet.

So that makes me at 19 really late compared to other people. But really, why would it matter ? [Smile] There's no average age for oral, manual and vaginal sex !

[ 01-22-2007, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First kiss: 8
Manual: 17
Oral: 17
Intercourse: 17

all of them with no regrets [Smile]

--------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alexx is a girl
Neophyte
Member # 32393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexx is a girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm hoping you'll learn from my mistakes.

first kiss: 11
manual: 13
oral: 13
intercourse: barely 14

WORST MISTAKES OF MY LIFE!
don't mess it up.

wait until YOU are ready.

Posts: 2 | From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
southernbell
Neophyte
Member # 32358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for southernbell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
first kiss: 14
manual:15
oral:15
intercourse:not yet but im willing to wait!
*but all of these have been with only one guy who is my boyfriend of 1 year and 3 monthes.

Posts: 1 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Surferchk07
Activist
Member # 32276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Surferchk07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1st kiss with a guy like 11
1st time having sex with a guy i was like 14
1st kiss with a girl 12
1st time having sex with a girl like a few months ago so 17

--------------------
Elizabeth

"Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice." -Spinoza

Posts: 154 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenguinBoy
Activist
Member # 28394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenguinBoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by blysse_norwood:
Hi,

For me it was 17. I got my first kiss at that age, and things just progressed from there (i.e manual and oral) although not all in the same night, obviously (lol)... it happened over the course of a few months.

So, that's when things started for me...

[Smile]

I progressed from first kiss to first manual in the same day when 16! not so obvious eh!

Received about 10 seconds worth of oral sex at 16 also. Because that's all the lady in question wanted. I didn't premature ejaculate! And I knew better than to push for more!

And nothing new since then [Smile] but i've kissed people 3 times since that "relationship" disaperated.

--------------------
Jacob - my Scarleteen Blog - Please help sustain scarleteen

Posts: 633 | From: Bedfordshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.