Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Local Fundraising

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Local Fundraising
Love-Life
Activist
Member # 37952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love-Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Scarleteen!

I am hoping for some brilliant ideas from you for how to go about doing some fundraising with my University sorority. I have just joined and thought it was an awesome way to get some money raised for the best sex ed site on the web.

We are having our first meeting this Thursday where I will bring it up and see how the girls feel about it. My only concern is that it's not technically local but we do a lot of local fundraising and international fundraising is good too! So, anyways, I was hoping I could get some ideas both on the best way to bring it up to them and also on some fundraising ideas that I could bring to the table to help people understand what Scarleteen is.

So, this is really open to anyone with ideas because as much as I know I really want to do this I'm not very good at coming up with creative and doable things for fundraising. The more ideas the better! :-)

Thanks so much!
Vikki

--------------------
There is an upside to everything, sometimes you just have to turn it upside down to find it.

:-) Vikki (-:

Posts: 153 | From: British Columbia | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's so rad, and so appreciated! Let me think on this and get back, okay?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Love-Life
Activist
Member # 37952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love-Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just bumping this up as a reminder. Our next meeting is the 15th and I was hoping to have some awesomeness by then :-)

--------------------
There is an upside to everything, sometimes you just have to turn it upside down to find it.

:-) Vikki (-:

Posts: 153 | From: British Columbia | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to be late on this.

One thing to think about is a house party of some kind: that's something a lot of folks do for fundraising. Basically, you have a bunch of people over, have some nice snacks, do some kind of talk or presentation on what you're raising funds for, then do an ask.

Since you're in BC, something else we could consider is connecting you with the local sex educators I know up there who are also Scarleteen supporters, who might be willing to come and give a talk on sex ed or do some kind of sex education, and then you could do an ask?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.