Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » My school councilor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My school councilor
Ste-Funnie
Activist
Member # 50934

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Ste-Funnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My school councilor is a nut! I don't know how to trust her no more.

1. She says stupid things that ain't true so I would do the right thing. Don't ask what.

2. She once said, after I already told her I'm a lez, "If an extremely hot dude came in, and said 'Stefunnie, you are so hot' and asked you out, what would you say?" I said no and she went, "No you wouldn't! You're being silly! You'd say yes! Don't lie!" It happened last year but I don't know if she still thinks that today.

3. I told her how sometimes I pray and apologize for my sexuality. Then on another topic and told her about the time I wanted to sleep w/ a guy. She went "Stefunnie, lesbians wanna sleep with women. Why do you have to apologize for being gay." I told her "Who are you to jump to conclusion like that? This happened a long time ago. Whats wrong with you? Leave me alone." She's even said to me "Oh, lesbians don't wanna date guys." That was jank! I tell her to get out of my life. There were reasons. Good reasons.

On the other hand, she's a lez too. Why would a lez say that? That is bogus!

All those things she said to me, I wish she said that on here. Then she'd learn to respect this. I don't know how to talk to her about this. I wanna talk about this w/ my mom with her. I wanna talk about it as a group. I can't seem to have a chance to. What should I do?

--------------------
~Stephanie Gabriella Murray
I'm very gay for being a lesbian, and not gay to be what I'm not

Posts: 251 | From: Long Island | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you confronted your counselor about any of this and asked her to clarify? If not, that's where I'd start. You can print out this post and bring it in with you, if you're not sure how to start that conversation.

If she's doing/saying things that you think are inappropriate (especially whatever it is that she lied to you about), then I suggest you talk to your mother about this. She could help you take other steps, such as talk to the counselor herself, or to someone from your school's administration.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ste-Funnie
Activist
Member # 50934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ste-Funnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I said that I wanna talk to her about it, but I'd rather do it with my mom in the room w me. I don't wanna do it myself. I don't wanna do it during the day and she can't do it after school. How do you think I can work it out?

--------------------
~Stephanie Gabriella Murray
I'm very gay for being a lesbian, and not gay to be what I'm not

Posts: 251 | From: Long Island | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds to me like this is something you're going to need to work out with your mother and your counselor in terms of scheduling, and may also need to make some compromises yourself, like perhaps by doing it during the day if that's the only time that can work for the two of them.

There's nothing we really do to help with these kinds of scheduling issues between people.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coffee_and_Chocolate
Activist
Member # 56874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coffee_and_Chocolate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it is an inaccurate statement to say that lesbians only want to sleep with females. A lot of people's orientations are not as black and white as to say they ONLY want to sleep with one sex and/or gender, but that they generally swing towards this sex and/or gender. The sexual desire and the want to sleep with someone are completely seperate from each other...so it depends on what you meant by this...Well, that is how I classify it, wanting sleep with someone for a thrill versus the sexual desire for them...or just my general curiosity about sex...

I have had adults make misconceptions about this before...with my mother and father mostly...and my friends and how they assume people of certain sexualities and styles *dress in particular* are.

--------------------
eh.

Posts: 44 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coffee_and_Chocolate
Activist
Member # 56874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coffee_and_Chocolate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, on the point of "why would a lesbian say that?", a lot of my friends think that fooling around or dabbling in the world of dating the same gender pegs you as someone who isn't straight...but it is ultimately up to the person themselves to decide how they define their orientation, so I think that it is very admirable that you stood up to her on that point. I wish the best of luck to you on this

--------------------
eh.

Posts: 44 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.