Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Stress

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stress
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiiviinLaviidalocaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Scarleteeners, I'm hoping you can help me, I'm sorry If I Was nasty before, I didn't mean to sound that way, but I did sound that way because I am so stressed out, I'm always stressed out, ALWAYS and I don't knwo how to handle it, I'm always worrying about something, I don't know how to stop, I just want to stop and be happy, I want to live a happy life, but this is depeleting my life, Idk what to do

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

Posts: 182 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heya! [Smile] It's too bad to see you're always feeling so stressed out... it really does make enjoying the good stuff in life hard. I have a few questions:

- How long have you felt this way?

- What are things you do to relax or have fun?

- When do you feel best and/or relaxed?

- What do you think are the biggest causes of your stress? Can you tell us some more details about what's going on so we can give you more specific feedback?

- Do you have people you can talk to about the stresses in your life, either someone like a close friend or a professional like a counselor?

[Smile]

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiiviinLaviidalocaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive always been like this I am a worrywart and a perfectionist and I'm always worried about something and hoping for it to get better or for it not to happen

Be with boyfriend or mom, laugh, read, watch tv, hang

When everything is perfect, I'm in my boyfriends arms and I have no worries

Currently its the fact that I love my mother very much and I want her approval in everything because shes my mother, but she annoys me a lot and currently shes agaisnt my boyfriend who is my soulmate and so many things r occuring because of it, but it got to the part where yesterday she was like "everythings going to be ok u need to be like this with him(treat him like that so he does what he has to cuz in her opinon he doesnt when he does)" but today she was all wierd when she saw his name on caller id so i'm like y && shes like "u still tlk 2 him" && i'm like yeahh, shes like u need to look at him from a diff perspective i'm like i did, shes like well good and then shes like well its ur decision don't worry i'm not standing in yoour way and then I'm like but are you going to be at my wedding and she sed idk, ima see how he acts in the future(before she was totally against him bcuz of the things i menntioned in my first post in mama drama) so i'm thinking shes testing him or something, but idk, this stresses me out SO SO MUCH bcuz i love them and then school stresses me out and when things just dont go my way

&& Its ussually my mom boyfriend && bestfriend (my best friend is really helping me thru the situation shes saying be positive) my bf is also being positive thru situation, my mom idk i think shes changing

sigh

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

Posts: 182 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

why isnt anyone responding [Frown]
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for the delay.

In terms of what you do to destress, sounds like perhaps you could use some things that either aren't a) about other people (especially since right now one of them is where you are having stress) or b) about sitting around.

Is there anything you do to reduce your stress that involves getting out side and/or moving around? As well, if where you feel best and most relaxed is dependent on someone else, how about seeing if we can't find a "best place" for you feeling your best that you can have all by yourself?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

I'll try that, Thank you =)

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.