Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » What to do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What to do?
Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?
Activist
Member # 37530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this site isn't really for question like this, but maybe y'all will have some ideas anyway. [Wink]

I turn 16 in 20 days, and my mom wants to do something special. She proposed inviting my guy and girlfriends and her spending a butt-load of money on a suite at a hotel, getting everyone spa treatments, and seeing a movie, but in all honesty, I don't want her spending that much money nor do I really feel like doing any of those things.

Do you have any ideas of what I could do? I only want to invite about 10 girls, and I don't want to invite any of the guys because I'm not, nor have I ever really been, that close to any of them, especially since my ex and I broke up... We live in a really small town, and all we really have is the theater. I could have the party at my house, but I'd rather not because my brother, whose 14th birthday is the day before mine, is also planning on having his party the same day.. at home. (Our birthdays fall on Friday and Saturday.) And I'm not really fond of the idea of his friends mixing with mine this time, and I don't think he'd like it too much either. We did that all the time when we were younger.. What did you do for your "sweet sixteen"?

Thanks.

... and by the way, I think I want this to be a sober night. So, all sober things. [Big Grin]

[ 03-08-2009, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Typical Young and Dumb Teenager? ]

--------------------
Young and Dumb.
"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go." - Keith Urban

Posts: 243 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bun Bun
Activist
Member # 37353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bun Bun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have a bowling alley in your town at all? I ask because for my 18th birthday, a lot of my friends were still under 18 and thus we couldn't go to a bar so what'd we do? We went bowling of course! It's probably the most underrated activity EVER! And when you have a large group, bowling alleys will usually give you a discount price (which is always a plus).
Posts: 206 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.