Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Update On My Life

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Update On My Life
Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?
Activist
Member # 37530

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As you all probably know because I post way too many post here (sorry [Smile] ), I've had a lot going on in my life lately. But I've somehow found the strength to get through all of it, most of of the time anyway...

The oldest News: my ex and I broke up.
Okay so, the update on this one is that we're not really even talking anymore. So, even though we said we would be friends, as of now, I don't see it happening. Deep down I miss him because he was around so long, but I'm okay with how things are now. I still do have my good days and my dad days that I think about him and everything, but I'm continuing my life without him.

My Grandma passed away on the first of March. Wow, that one was crappy.. But I feel better a lot better about everything now. When I visit my dad in April, we're going to go see her grave and he's going to give me pictures. I guess now that I've actually accepted the fact that she's gone, seeing her grave will be enough closure for me to let go.

My stepdad and Mom almost got a divorce.. Basically what happened was my stepsister that was causing all the problems didn't come back this weekend. So, they didn't fight, and everyone, for the most part, stayed calm and collective. I just found out today, though, that he doesn't want to give me the car we bought last year for my mom, which she wants to give to me. So, I'm sure they are going to fight over that one. (I really, really want that car! If they don't argue, my stepdad and myself will!)

And just another optimistic little detail of my life: I turn 16 in 13 days! And get my license in 15! Cheers to the teenage years, eh? [Big Grin]

Thanks for all the advice and help you've given me over the last year.

--------------------
Young and Dumb.
"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go." - Keith Urban

Posts: 243 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 37530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*I had a dream about him last night.. Needless to say, today has been one of those harder days. I really miss him, as a friend anyway, and I just wish he would hug me or talk to me like he does all the rest of my girlfriends.

--------------------
Young and Dumb.

Posts: 243 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 37530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, today he asked if it would be all to come to my house and talk to me after he got off practice. (The first time we've actually talked in person in a while..) I told him it was fine, but I don't know if he's going to actually talk to me or just my family. He pretty much did that at church a few weeks ago. Either way, I'm going to try to keep my cool because I still want, and plan, to go see his family when I get license in about two weeks, while he isn't there of course..

I feel pathetic right now, though, because I'm checking out of my window every few minutes to see if he's here yet or not. The sad part is that I don't know WHY I'm doing it.. but then again, I don't know why he suddenly wants to come over either. If he were to ask me to prom or back out again, or anything of the sort, I don't think I'd say yes right now, but I know I'd be sad when I said no. I know, that makes no sense at all.. but I doubt that's what it is anyway. Hopefully he's just not coming over to be even more a of douche than he already has been since we broke up.

I'll update and let y'all know how that goes.. although, it seems like I'm the only one reading saying in this post. (Wow, I really must be pathetic..)

Make that 10 days now. License in 12! [Wink]

EDIT:
He came over and stayed for about forty minutes. He briefly talked to my mom, and then we talked. Nothing specific or anything. Just shot the breeze, so to speak, but after he left, I texted him. We ended up texting back and forth saying this and that- how felt, why we broke up, etc- but we're still not friends nor do I think we will be. I ended up crying for like 5 hours after he left which was MAJORLY DEPRESSING! I just want to be friends.... that's all I want. And he can't. I guess that's my fault. I don't see why else he couldn't be. [Frown] And I know exes can be friends. I see it everyday. (.. now I'm crying again.)

[ 03-18-2009, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Typical Young and Dumb Teenager? ]

--------------------
Young and Dumb.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.