Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Summertime!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Summertime!
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, having just written up something to prod parents on this over at the blog for the book at Amazon, I thought I'd ask you:

What awesome thing are you doing for/with yourself this summer?

Did you net a job, either to save up cash, or to explore work you're interested in? Anyone volunteering? Traveling solo or in a group? Starting any amazing projects?

And in your fantasy-land, if there were no limits on what you COULD do with your summer to explore yourself, your interests, life goals and dreams, what WOULD you be doing?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68215 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, I've had a rough year, with tough classes and sickness and a less-than-stimulating job, so I'm planning on starting a big scrapbooking project during my spare time this summer.

Not to sound like I'm "testifying", [Razz] but I recently converted to Orthodox Christianity and was accepted into the church through baptism in May. I faced a LOT of opposition from my family, who is staunchly anti-religion (in any way, shape or form), and from many of my friends (who felt I was moving away from the "correct" Christianity- that is, my old church).

So, I figure, I didn't get a whole heck of a lot of support, and I didn't get much of a chance to celebrate something that was SUPER important to me, so I'm gonna celebrate it all by myself and make a big, honkin', gaudy scrapbook of it! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SleepyFox
Neophyte
Member # 34239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SleepyFox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, this summer I joined the military. The Navy for the curious. I'm not too much of a rough neck to join the Marines, I didn't want to be a mechanic so no Air Force, and the Army is boring. Right now I'm a DEPPER and my rating is NF (Nuclear Field aka nuclear engineering). I lost my chance to go to Naval Academy due to a College Board incident. Right now I'm waiting for the results for the NROTC scholarship for UF.

Besides the fact that everyone related to me thinks I'm a fool and will be a failure, because I opted out of a full ride to now two schools, because I want to be satisfied with myself, I am making some really decent music with a ska band I formed with friends. We actually have a show coming up really pretty soon. I have also been reading a lot from this site. I find it very informative.

My most important goal for this summer is to let my girlfriend know how much I love her and that I want a future with her. Right now, shes visiting family in Virgina and her family, moderately racist and incredibly religious, wants this summer to be the end of our relationship. The rest is something that I posted a while back.

Last two weeks I've been drinking lots of tea and working out.

--------------------
Non ducor duco

Posts: 27 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cthulhu_hungers
Neophyte
Member # 47022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cthulhu_hungers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ideally, I would be in Brussels working from Proctor and Gamble in their biofuels sector, living with my awesome cousin and enjoying the city and the only two hour commute to Amsterdam and...all the things Americans go there to do.

As it is, I'll be working a part time job categorizing plants, living with roomates I can't stand. At least I'll have plenty of time to draw.

Posts: 39 | From: United States | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.