Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Songs you cannot stop listening to (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Songs you cannot stop listening to
bignate150
Neophyte
Member # 24388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bignate150     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
do any of u guys have those songs that u simply CANNOT stop listening to? the song doesn't have to be sad, it doesn't have to have a meaning behind the lyrics, you just simply can't stop listening to it.....come on, we've all got them. here's some of mine:

outkast-roses
papa roach-scars
kid rock-cowboy
genuwine-in those jeans

i have no idea why, but i just can't stop listening to these songs.....i NEVER get sick of them!! let me kno if u have any songs like this.

------------------
-Nate

Check out www.freewebs.com/nates-music for the latest music news, artist lyrics A-Z, desktop wallpapers and more.

[This message has been edited by bignate150 (edited 07-26-2005).]

Posts: 14 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lately the songs i've got on never-ending loop include:

"Ashes" Embrace
"Power's Out" Arcade Fire
"Banquet" Bloc Party
"In Our Lifetime" Texas

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Josh Groban. My Confession, Broken Vow, and Remember.

Oh yea. I can't get enough. That, and I am seduced by his voice each time I listen....

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faifai
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faifai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Let Go" by Frou Frou.

No idea why.

Posts: 640 | From: The Valley of the Sun, AZ, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bignate150
Neophyte
Member # 24388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bignate150     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this is what i'm talkin about....songs that u just can keep listening to and never get sick of, for no apparent reason.....here's a few more i forgot to list:

bubba sparxxx-deliverance
korn-word up
big & rich-save a horse (ride a cowboy)
gorillaz-feel good inc

keep replying.....and be sure to check out my web site!! and be sure to sign the guestbook!!!!! thanx!!

------------------
-Nate

Check out www.freewebs.com/nates-music for the latest music news, artist lyrics A-Z, desktop wallpapers and more.

[This message has been edited by bignate150 (edited 07-26-2005).]

Posts: 14 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenna D.
Activist
Member # 18964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenna D.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is what I have on loop:

Ben Folds - "Army" (the live version, for it is extremely rockin') and "Evaporated"
Rilo Kiley - "Hail To Whatever You Found In The Sunlight That Surrounds You" and "Capturing Moods"
The Weakerthans - "This Is A Fire Door, Never Leave Open"
Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie & Atomic Improv - "The War of 1812"

Posts: 72 | From: Scarborough, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ichigo fluff
Neophyte
Member # 24801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ichigo fluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
fleetwood mac - "i'm so afraid"
coheed and cambria - "devil in jersey city"
tegan and sara - "walking with a ghost"
electric light orchestra - "mr blue sky"

------------------
i feel like i'm chasing the guy from lucky charms.

Posts: 12 | From: badger state | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OMega
Neophyte
Member # 24833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OMega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DarkChild717:
Josh Groban. My Confession, Broken Vow, and Remember.

Oh yea. I can't get enough. That, and I am seduced by his voice each time I listen....

Me too! Josh Groban never leaves my cd player.

I also like:
Rodeo- Garth Brooks
Baby Girl- Sugarland
American Baby- Dave Matthews
Lil Bit- 50 Cent
Vogue- Madonna
Late in the Evening- Paul Simon (but that one's just been stuck in my head a lot because of band)

Posts: 12 | From: Omaha, Nebraska, USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lila
Neophyte
Member # 24906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Currently, the songs I listen to constantly are

NIN - "Only"
The Cure - "Lovesong"
Eels - "Novocaine for the Soul"
Damien Rice - "Volcano"
Mike Doughty - "Looking at the World from the Bottom of a Well"

A lot of what I listen to depends on my mood. I've been feeling kind of mushy and sentimental lately, so I tend to listen to music that goes along with that feeling.

Posts: 6 | From: NH, USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizenny
Activist
Member # 22661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lizenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The two songs with "Mary" in the title are a total coincidence.

My Chemical Romance- "Helena"
Gorillaz- "Feel Good Inc."
Lady Bouncer- "Dirty Mary"
Pitbull- "Toma"
Chumbawamba- "Mary Mary"
System of a Down- "Question" and "BYOB"
Cher- "Gypsies Tramps and Thieves"

and yes I'll admit it "CRAZY FROG"!!!

------------------
You catch more flies with manure than you do with honey.

[This message has been edited by lizenny (edited 08-21-2005).]

Posts: 110 | From: Worcester MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dani Rage
Neophyte
Member # 22203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dani Rage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Godhead - Sinking
Placebo - Every Me Every You
Dion and the Bellmonts - Runaround Sue
DMX - X Gonna Give It To Ya
Alice Cooper - Bed of Nails
That's My List :-D

------------------
'Just be yourself. It doesn't matter if it's good enough for someone else'
www.danirage.com

Posts: 8 | From: New York City, NY, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*spacebag*
Neophyte
Member # 25188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *spacebag*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i cant stop listnin 2
Xo & Get busy living or get busy dying both by Fallout Boy
My Doorbell by the White Stripes

Posts: 29 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
at the moment, all of Damien Rice's album "O" is on a loop on my ipod.

for about four days. lol

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kisses Me Pink
Activist
Member # 24198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kisses Me Pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marilyn Manson - The Love Song, The Beautiful People, The Reflecting God, The Nobodies, The Fight Song, and Tainted Love.

I don't know why I'm so addicted to his voice...

And then there's Master of Puppets by Metallica. I've just always been in love with that song.

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bignate150
Neophyte
Member # 24388

I've just become hooked on Nickelback's new single, Photograph. It is a GREAT song and I have it on a constant loop on my iPod...I'm buying their new album on October 4th.
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sugar, We're Going Down by Fallout Boy. It's been in my head for days, and driving me nutters! A good song, yes, but not for 72 consecutive hours.
Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PERVasive
Activist
Member # 25065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PERVasive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right on with the System of a Down!

also:
African Skies - Brecker Brothers
Moanin' - Eldar
Speak No Evil, Infant Eyes, Witch Hunt, Dance Cadaverous - Wayne Shorter
Bridge Over Troubled Waters - Aretha Franklin

Yeah, I know I'm a music nerd...

------------------
- PERVasive

"Don't let your schooling get in the way of your education." - Mark Twain

Posts: 64 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HempHippie
Activist
Member # 22303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HempHippie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh jeeze, I love music
Youngstar: I'm Still a Balla
Deirks Bently: What was I Thinking
Garth Brooks: Friends in Low Places (Live Version)
Grateful Dead: China Cat Sunflower
Jimmy Hendrix: Purple Haze
The Offspring: Bad Habit
Crosby Nash and Stills: Four Dead in Ohio
Tu Pac: Thug Mansion/California Love

Yah, thats just about all the song that I listen to every single day about 4 times a day.

------------------
Not all who wonder are lost.

Reality is a cruch for people who can't deal with drugs.

I just got promoted due to Yes-I-Cannibis...oooh we have a kitchen?!?
-HJS

Posts: 56 | From: Deep woods of NH | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LLFU
Neophyte
Member # 25700

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LLFU     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christian Death - Gloomy Sunday
Laundry - Canvas (Instrumental)
The Cure - Lullaby

whenever i burn a cd i normally have one of those on it....yep.

[ 12-20-2006, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: LLFU ]

Posts: 9 | From: Benson, North Carolina, US of A | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this is my list of songs I could have on repeat for the rest of my life:

* Peaceful Easy Feeling: Eagles
* Loredo: Johnny Cash
* Toxicity: System of a Down
* Terrible Lie: Nine Inch Nails
* Tequilla Makes her Cloths fall off: Joe Nichols
* Anna Begins: Counting Crows
* One Moment More: Mindy Smith
* Pimp Juice: Nelly
* Best I ever Had: Gary Allan

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*spacebag*
Neophyte
Member # 25188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *spacebag*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
blink 182 stay together for the kids
marilyn manson coma white
hawthorne heights wake up call
fallout boy a little less 16 candles a little more touch me

------------------
ღNever try and change a loved one, diamonds are found not madeღ

Posts: 29 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elliebean
Neophyte
Member # 24791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elliebean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
damien rice - volcano

the mars volta - the widow

the beatles - helter skelter

straylight run - existentialism on prom night

and much more i can't think of...

Posts: 17 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-A_Cure-
Neophyte
Member # 26321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -A_Cure-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blackmore's Night - Under a Violet Moon, Ghost of a Rose and Shadow of the Moon.

I love Medieval-styled music, =D

Posts: 8 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
watermongoose15
Activist
Member # 23441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for watermongoose15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The way we get by-SPOON
Scars-Papa Roach
Better off alone-Alice Deejay
Holding out-Frou Frou
Only-Nine Inch Nails
Songs i cant stop listening to from clockwork orange:
Overture to the Sun-Terry Tucker
9th Symphony- Ludwig Van

Posts: 60 | From: Bonita, California, United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
insecure190
Neophyte
Member # 26436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for insecure190     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THE WHOLE RENT SOUNDTRACK!!!!!
Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blueveggie
Activist
Member # 26508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blueveggie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see.

The Goo Goo Dolls- Think About Me, Cuz You're Gone (live), Big Machine, Here is Gone, Iris, What a Scene, Slide.. go GOO! (on that note- U2's All I Want is You featuring Johnny Rzeznik off of the Les Paul and Friends album- FANTASTIC!!! for those of you who aren't in the GGD know, mr Rzeznik = the (exceptionally handsome) lead singer of GGD)

Train- Drops of Jupiter, Get to Me, All American Girl, Meet Virginia.. heck most of the Alive at Last live album.

There are others but those are the biggies

Posts: 86 | From: southern CA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My personal favourites (for the moment anyways)...

Coldplay - Speed of Sound, Talk
Hot Hot Heat - Goodnight Goodnight, Middle of Nowhere, You Owe Me An IOU, Get In or Get Out
Great Big Sea - Run Run Away, Ordinary Day
Queen - Too Much Love Will Kill You, Killer Queen
Guns 'n Roses - Sweet Child o' Mine
Bright Eyes - First Day of My Life

[This message has been edited by karybu (edited 12-13-2005).]

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faifai
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faifai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The acoustic version of Everlong by the Foo Fighters. I like hardly any of their stuff, but this one gives me chills when I hear it. It reminds me of every long drive I ever took alone to clear my head.
Posts: 640 | From: The Valley of the Sun, AZ, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post 
memory by sugarcult and nightswimming by REM are two that i listen to alot. There are more but i cant think of them right now. i used to listen to green eyes by coldplay a lot.
Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

oh and drops of jupiter by train and fast car by tracy chapman. and try by nelly furtado. and mr brightside by the killers.
Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

oh and drops of jupiter by train and fast car by tracy chapman. and try by nelly furtado. and mr brightside by the killers.
BiLLaBaBy017
Activist
Member # 6514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BiLLaBaBy017     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My list goes as follows:

System Of A Down - Question and Radio/Video
Frou Frou - Let Go
The All-American Rejects - Dirty Little Secret
Nickelback - Photograph, Hero (Spiderman Soundtrack), and Someday
Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love and Sweet Dreams
The Veronica's - 4ever (It may sound stupid but it's a really catchy song!)
Glassjaw - I'm sorry and Ape Dos Mil
Motley Crue w/ Chester Bennington of Linkin Park - Home Sweet Home
Stevie Nicks - Edge Of Seventeen

And my list goes on and on!!!

------------------
Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is mystery
Today is a gift

*^_AsHLeY_^*

Posts: 294 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boogle-buddie
Neophyte
Member # 26589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for boogle-buddie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anything by breaking benjamin
and 45 by shinedown

Posts: 31 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oOo Lea oOo
Activist
Member # 26647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oOo Lea oOo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our lady peace -Do you like it?
Weezer - Say it aint so
Def leppard - Rock of ages
Our lady peace -Not enough
Shine down - Save me
Steve miller band - joker
cold - different kind of pain

I love those songs.. cant get enough of them! I just love the voices, the beats, they are good for any situation, they always rock, and never get old.

Posts: 366 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cristin
Neophyte
Member # 26814

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cristin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love beverly hills - weezer
I know its the dumbest song in the world but for some reason it always makes me laugh. also, Lucy in the Sky wit Diamonds by Beatles. That song is another fun song. A song that I have always loved and probably always will, and will continue to listen to non stop for as long as I live probably is once bitten twice shy by whitesnake. Rock on!

Posts: 5 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.