Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Photography Project

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Photography Project
Brianna
Activist
Member # 30599

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Brianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend left for college, and I know that I just need to start some sort of long-term project to keep my mind off of missing him. I LOVE photography, and I'm pretty good at it, so I decided to start up a photography project.

Any ideas on what my project's emphasis should be on? I was thinking architecture because I absolutely love buildings and architecture (I wanted to be an architect, but alas, I'm horrible at math), but I love nature too!

Any suggestions?

Posts: 63 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Do as you feel to !In the end it's you who's gonna do the project not me.

So that's the best of my advice. If I told you a great idea of project it wouldn't necessarly be that way for you since we both have different interests.

There's a lot of things you can base your project on. The key is to find something that interests you. Since you're likely to invest a lot of time in that, it's gonna be something you like.

So it's up to you to decide. Good luck !

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a nifty idea, Brianna. Why not choose an overarching theme, and then shoot according to that? Like, emotions - shoot architecture/buildings that personify for you loneliness, joy, contentment, peace, anger.

Another bonus to doing a project like this is building a great portfolio if you ever want to go into photography more seriously, you'll have sets to show off to prospective clients.

Flickr.com is a great place to showcase your work, too.

--------------------
Unlucky at cards; lucky at love.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John_Bonsan
Activist
Member # 29804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John_Bonsan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine takes pictures of graffiti. She spends a lot of time going to different cities, all over the state, country, even a few places in Canada, and walks around for a few days with her camera taking pictures of that. A lot of people just mistake graffiti as a nuisance, but if you take a good look at it it can be quite beautiful. Once she feels like her 'journey' is complete, she's going to try to put it together into a nice book. I can tell from her experience it's a great hobby. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it too. =)

Since you love nature AND architecture, why not try to find a way to incorporate the two together? Nature in front of the building, or even nature possibly carved into the building? When I think of bringing the two together it reminds me of a church in NYC... It's gorgeous, and right outside is a tree. Just one tree. And the tree goes over the steps that lead into the church. Look around for things like that!

Posts: 103 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brianna
Activist
Member # 30599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks you guys!
Posts: 63 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John_Bonsan
Activist
Member # 29804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John_Bonsan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem! Keep us updated. I'd love to see what kinds of pictures you take. =)
Posts: 103 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.