Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Newfound values

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Newfound values
Paradoxical Enigma
Neophyte
Member # 27994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paradoxical Enigma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm sure you know the drill by now. If you don't know what my issues are then you can refer to http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004391 and http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004384.

Anyways, there has been no response whatsoever to the e-mail I sent as of yet, and I'm fairly certain my mother has checked her e-mail since I sent it, though I think perhaps she has been using another address. I plan on sending another one to my mom's other address. Hopefully, I will be able to get everything out in the open, even what I did not mention in the other e-mail.

You see, I've been thinking about my situation a lot, and I've come to this conclusion: my sexuality, including all of the practices I have mentioned, are a part of who I am, and whether those close to me agree or not, it is mine, and it's time I stood by it. I've determined that the problem, then, is just that I need to learn to trust who I am in its entirety. The reason I feel a loss of control over my sexuality is not because it is some sort of satan-esque deception or addictive path to doing wrong, but because it is part of who I am, and I cannot deny or escape from myself. I must simply aknowledge and accept that it is there and let my own conscience and my own beliefs guide it.

It seems, then, that my objectives are to learn to trust my sexuality and to be able to face my friends and family about it. I have said this to you all here so that you may be witnesses to my convictions, so that it may help me stand firmly by them.

Anyways, I have an e-mail to write...

Posts: 35 | From: In front of the computer; go figure | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.