Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » what would you change?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what would you change?
Member # 19365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roger3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently I just watched a movie called The Butterfly Effect. In this movie he can change his past and create a different future for himself from certain events in his life. This movie got me thinking "what would I change about my life and how would I end up after doing so?" I decided that I wouldn't change anything in my life because I believe that everything happens for a reason, good or bad I think that all of it strengthens who you are as a person to yourself, to your family/friends, or to people you will meet later in your future. What would some of you change in your past if you could go back in time and do it all over again?
Posts: 34 | From: Northfield,MN,U.S | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'd probably have picked a better major in college. then maybe i'd be in med school already. or go back further and perhaps i should have taken that big scholarship to UC Santa Barbara and been an honors student there. it ain't Berkeley, but I'd probably have more impressive academic laurels. i wish i had worked towards Phi Beta Kappa.

LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information for Los Angeles County residents.
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In June 2003 I ran a red light, which ended up costing me, for various reasons, around $300 (pay the ticket, since I was 18 I had to attend driving school, and then because I couldn't attend driving school in time to not get my license revoked i had to pay a bunch to get it reinstated.) I'd just go back and not run that stupid light. My driving record would be better, I'd have had more money to buy books last semester, and there would've been much less stress in my life.

That's about it. See, kids? Obey traffic laws, or you'll regret it a year after it happens.

I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbecued iguana

Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 17486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleOneUSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I could go back in time I would change the fact that I was raped.

And trust me when I say there are ways I could of.

Which eats me too this day.

I was a young naive 8 year old kid which slowly turned into a 3 year ordeal. Oh well.

Posts: 95 | From: Liverpool, NY | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 19714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grandcannon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I could change anything, it would be to go back and not cheat on my second girlfriend. I was only 13, and young and stupid, but it haunts me even to this day. But since I can't, wish ful thinking can only hurt. But the thing is, the point I've picked up from The Butterfly Effect was that changing the past for the "better" can have terrible consequences. So instead of hating yourself for your current situation, work on the present.

Love is the art of controling something that your not sure exists

Posts: 30 | From: Rockville, MD | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 19842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peanut505     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been thinking about that constantly since I watched that movie. I am at a very awkward place in my life right now, and faced with a lot of decisions that I feel I am not quite prepared to make. But, I still doubt I would go back and change anything. As bad as things are right now, I know they will eventually get better, and I will be a stronger person because of it.
Posts: 5 | From: Auburn, AL | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11352

Icon 2 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't change anything of my past. I believe that things happen for a reason. If i had the ability to change things from the past, it wouldn't lead to the person I am today. I love what i am. We all make decisions that reflect our lives (any aspect of it)and it should have resemblation of what we are as individuals. Learning the mistakes that you had made in the past makes you stronger and wiser and more careful now and in the future. Life evolves naturally on its own pace, and it's our path. Life is always a learning journey.

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 19906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for showstoppa84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, there are so many things I would change.
The most important one, would have been to choose a different college, sometimes I feel I came to this place for all the wrong reasons.

Posts: 11 | From: Ambler, PA , USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 19993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FadedRoses15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2 things...Major: I would have gone with my mom to see my grandfather, instead of stay home, leading to being raped.

minor: I would have accepted Matts invitation to go to homecoming with him tonight. He asked me earlier, and I thought I had to babysit, so I told him no....then turns out I didnt have to, and its too

We're all stars now....

Rock is dead....
Long live paper and scissors

Posts: 32 | From: Oklahoma, United States | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 19128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christinejones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dammit i'd change the fact that i have lost (perhaps never had) my sense of humor --- where did that go?? why am i suddenly so earnest all the time - any subject and i am off on my soapbox with serious, heartfelt statements that suddenly take on a completely unjustified passion -- what is with that? i hate it.
i love the fact that when my sister is having an argument with her husband he will suddenly say something completely ridiculous and it makes you laugh your head off and puts everything back into a proper perspective. i'm turning into a humorless freak - filled with self-righteous zeal and earnestness in words at least (if not in actions).... i love people who can make me laugh its my favorite attribute in someone.
i also hate the fact that i seem to be getting competitive too (maybe its all the same problem) i remember reading/hearing somewhere that in general women are cooperative and men competitive and i want to be cooperative.... not competitive. i don't want to compare my life to somebody else's - it's my life, i want to live it, shape it, create it - according to how I want it to go not because i keep on looking at others and thinking it should be more like that --- i think i'm going mad. i woke up this morning in a filthy mood and it hasn't gone so here i am still ranting in the middle of the night dmit dmit dmit....
i am all cross and angry - i am fed up with everyone, i don't want to speak to anyone and if anybody speaks to me i think i am going to kill them. i am just completely furious for some reason today - and i have been all day. does anyone else get days like these...?

Posts: 139 | From: los angeles | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 12405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faeryprinces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont know if I would change anything I personally have done... but if I could change things in my life with my family that some higher power was in control of I would.

I'd change that two boys in my graduating class died in a car crash when we were juniors in highschool.

I would change that my Aunt Diane died at 32 because of a huge mass in her brain from AIDS. I'd change that my Aunt Lucy died of Breast Cancer, that my cousin Mikey died of a drug overdose, that my Aunt Barbara died from being hit by a drunk driver, that my Uncle George died in his sleep on my grandma's couch and my Aunt didnt get an autopsy to find out how.

I'd change that my aunt's Mom-kind of like a third grandma-died from a heart attack, and that my real Grandma died of pancreatic cancer(if I could at least change something about how my grandma and my Aunt Diane died, I change it so it wasnt so slow and painful).

I'd change that my oldest brother was diagnosed with diabetes at a time that my parents didnt have health insurance. I'd change that my other brother didnt have a tumor in his collar bone that caused 2 surgeries and its complete removal.

I'd change that this *ALL* happened in the matter of four years and in a time period that my dad lost his job twice. I'd change that the five of us were literally living off either his unemployment or a $10/hr job for the next 3 years after, and that it was at a time that he went through a total nervous breakdown.

If I could, I'd go back and change all those things...but then again, maybe I wouldnt change all of them because they did teach me and my family a lot about ourselves and about love and about how a family can really stick together and push through rough times.

[This message has been edited by Faeryprinces (edited 11-03-2004).]

Posts: 227 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.