Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Has anyone tried this?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has anyone tried this?
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blond ambition     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if anyone has tried the new Revo Styler...i was wondering if i should incvest in one. It looks easy and faster, but of course infomercials make it seem that way, but its in stores now, and i was wondering if anyone has used it and what did they think?..should i save my money for something more worthy?
thanx

Posts: 351 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that the electronic moving brush thing?

With the ad where all these gorgeous models are sitting around watching another models "nightmare frizzy hair" being restyled and sayinf it will change her life?

That's on MY Christmas list...

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blond ambition     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didnt think any of those models were that great looking...their expressions kinda annoyed me, but i wasnt paying attention to them, i was paying attention to a new invention.
Posts: 351 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think the ad they made for the US was pretty second rate. no models in the american ad.

nonetheless, i think it's a pretty silly product. it looks like it'd chew up my hair. round brushes tend to tangle up in my hair pretty badly.

------------------
According to the experts, I am some species of badass.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yea, me too... let me explain. one school morning i washed my hair and i was playing around with a round brush on the side of my head. before i knew it, it was time to go to school, so i was trying to get it out. well it was STUCK, and i started to panick, because i liked my hair...it was finally getting rather long, and...well, i didn't want to miss my bus. so i panicked and cut it out. i called my mom at work and cried. luckily, i had a flap of hair OVER what was cut, so it wasn't like half of my head was shaved.

boy, was THAT an experience i'll never forget. so, no, i wouldn't try the revolv-o-hair-do-er, because it's practically an open invitaiton for a home-hair cut.

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

i never used a round brush, when i was little i did and was trying to brush my hair and it got tangled and my mom had to help me. But she used a round brush for her hair all the time and she has bad hands and wrists lately, so i thought it could help her, so i did get it yesterday, and it was horrible, everything they said wouldnt happen, did, and then the bristles started falling out, i didnt pay 50 bucks for something that didnt work right and was falling apart, but it was okay i took it back today and got all my money back, no damage done.
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sis got one for Christmas and she seems to like it.

To me, it seems like a waste of time. I get up, wash my hair, brush it, maybe put some gel in it so it'll stand up ... and i'm out. I don't have time for hair curling

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loveisred
Neophyte
Member # 11608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loveisred     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've had curly hair forever. it is best if you ar einto the whole making it staight thing then just get a really good flat iron and some gel. infomercials don't know crap
Posts: 5 | From: wichita ks USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.