Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » WEEZER (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: WEEZER
MrAdviceGuyy
Neophyte
Member # 4836

Icon 10 posted      Profile for MrAdviceGuyy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFRENT!!

How long have you known the band? I've known about them for 4 years, love em to death. My favorite band. Got tons of unreleased songs and cd's. Tell me what you think of them. If you've only heard of Hash-Pipe dont even bother posting...

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I don't like Weezer at all. I just don't like the way the sound. Some things people just don't like, you know?

------------------
Useless Crap

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since the single for "Buddy Holly" came out which I picked up right away because Buddy Holly was the first music I recall ever hearing. That of course led to me buying the blue album. I saw them open up for No Doubt in uh...1996 or 1997, which I should have left after Weezer's set because No Doubt had the worst stage presence I've ever had to witness. Then I stopped listening to Weezer for a while because their music wasn't really interesting me anymore...but now with the new album, I'm starting to really like them again.

------------------
"1970 called. Al Pacino wants his car back."

blackbird's blog

Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They get better and better. The green album is awesome.. I know it backwards, yet I still haven't saved up enough cash to buy it already!! Ah, one day I'll learn to stop splurging.

------------------
"I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal"
~Incubus

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MrAdviceGuyy:
AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFRENT!!

How long have you known the band? I've known about them for 4 years, love em to death. My favorite band. Got tons of unreleased songs and cd's. Tell me what you think of them. If you've only heard of Hash-Pipe dont even bother posting...

Hear, hear! My friends are always saying that they love or hate Weezer, when they've only heard Hash Pipe or Buddy Holly.

Well, you can tell by my name that I'm a fan! When I was younger, my brothers would play Blue in the car. I loved their music, but for a while it seemed like they disappeared. So I spent my preteen years listening to No Doubt. But about a year or two ago, I heard a few songs off Pinkerton, and loved them. I went to my brother (one of the many music experts in my family!) and asked him to play Pinkerton for me. I fell in love with it, bought it, and listened to it for months at a time. Later on, I got Blue, and fell in love with it all over again. (Then later, I got Green.) Now I'm completely obsessed with them!

------------------
"Only in dreams
We see what it means
Reach out our hands
Hold on to hers
But when we wake
It's all been erased
And so it seems
Only in dreams..."
-Weezer

"To the beemobile!"
"You mean your Chevy?"
"Yes."

The All-New Only In Dreams Blog!

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
heehee..I was wondering when Only In Dreams would see this thread. I STILL need to make it to Amoeba to buy the green album. Instead of going today, I decided to go to the doctor's today for an impromptu appointment. Hey..nice to know that I'm still healthy and we'll find out more when I get my test results on Thursday!

------------------

blackbird's blog

Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In 1994, I asked the brunette sitting in front of me in my Chemistry class if I could borrow her brand-new Weezer CD sometime. We ended up dating for three years.

[This message has been edited by BruinDan (edited 09-26-2002).]

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. . . interesting. . .

Danny, can I borrow your Weezer CD?

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

that would be one hell of a long time before he got any of them back. I think he'd shrivel up and die without his Weezer CDs though.

------------------

blackbird's blog

blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

uh.........
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there any wonder as to why we call him the Ladies' Man? *laughs*

As for Weezer... Would you believe I've never really heard anything of theirs? My brother Travis is a big fan, though, he went to see them in March.

------------------
How can you not like muffins?!

Out of my Head.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doe4youbaby
Neophyte
Member # 4389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doe4youbaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You take your car to work I'll take my board and when your out of oil I'm still a float..
Goin surfin....goin surfin
Hee he I love Weezer !!!!!
The blue album is definatly by far the best I have been a fan since I was like 13 !
I love green too but pinkerton is sooo fun
weezer fans unite !!!

------------------
*~ And the beat goes on~*
~*Ya da dada de~*
~*ya da da da dum~*

Posts: 33 | From: ca usa | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i like weezer. i like hashpipe most of all though.
Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalalalalalala
Neophyte
Member # 3839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lalalalalalala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I first heard Weezer when "Buddy Holly" was on the radio. I liked it, but I don't anymore. I have the "blue album," "Pinkerton," and the "green album". I never listen to the "blue album". I've only listened to the "green album" once and I was really disappointed with it. I LOVE "Pinkerton," though. It's one of my all-time fave albums.

Posts: 15 | From: USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my step brother gave me his blue album when he ended up in jail a while ago. it makes me happy to listen to weezer. at my school we have a weezer spoof band called tweezer. they rock. my ex says he doesnt like them because they look like nerds. i told him thats part of the charm

and did i miss somethin in my absence for a few months or are danny and beppie flirting an awful lot?

must just be me....

Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol etch. danny flirts with everyone. it's part of his charm.

em

------------------
Boys and girls in America have such a sad time together; sophistication demands that they submit to sex immediately without proper preliminary talk. Not courting talk - real straight talk about souls - for life is holy and every moment is precious. I heard the Denver and Rio Grande locamotive howling off in the mountains. I wanted to pursue my star further. -Kerouac

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phizzin
Neophyte
Member # 5248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phizzin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been a fan ever since the "blue" album came out. i bought it when it first came out and still listen to it. and it's still my favorite of all the weezer cd's.

------------------
PhiZZin
Note to self: Do not do a politician under any circumstances. Ever.

Posts: 6 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
weezer on wednesday. yea.

------------------
A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gumdrop Girl:
weezer on wednesday. yea.

::Incredibly jealous::

Send Rivers and Brian my love! ::giggles like a pathetic teenybopper::

------------------
"Only in dreams
We see what it means
Reach out our hands
Hold on to hers
But when we wake
It's all been erased
And so it seems
Only in dreams..."
-Weezer

"She's 14 and might be pregnant?! When I was 14 I wanted to be a 'Cowboy Astronaut'!"
-Loveline

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siouxsie
Activist
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siouxsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GRRRRRRRRRRRR. have you ever had someone talk about something soooo much that you can't bear ever to hear that thing again ever? well that's what ot's like with me and weezer. my ex was like "pinkerton, weezer, the green album, rivers, leaves, brian bell, I do, island in the sun, blah blah blah blah" until i wanted to hit him. i am sure weezer are lovely it's just that I HATE THEM! with a fiery fiery passion. i think they are kinda middle of the road, nothing special rubbish. plaese don't hit me, i didn't just say that!

------------------
One owes respect to the living. To the dead one owes only truth ~ the Crow

Posts: 48 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Siouxsie:
GRRRRRRRRRRRR. have you ever had someone talk about something soooo much that you can't bear ever to hear that thing again ever? well that's what ot's like with me and weezer. my ex was like "pinkerton, weezer, the green album, rivers, leaves, brian bell, I do, island in the sun, blah blah blah blah" until i wanted to hit him.

Leaves?!! What the heck does Leaves have to do with it?!

Anyway, I agree with you on one aspect: when someone talks constantly about a particular band or group, you start to hate them. Like my friends were always talking about Blink 182 and Limp Bizkit and Destiny's Child...however, I had heard a lot of their music beforehand, and had decided for myself that I didn't like them at all. So it was just even more of an annoyance!

------------------
"Only in dreams
We see what it means
Reach out our hands
Hold on to hers
But when we wake
It's all been erased
And so it seems
Only in dreams..."
-Weezer

"She's 14 and might be pregnant?! When I was 14 I wanted to be a 'Cowboy Astronaut'!"
-Loveline

towel42
Activist
Member # 3118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for towel42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, Weezer. God, it seems like they've always been there, LoL. Since I started listening to more alternative music when I was younger...ah, jeez, I have utterly no clear memory of when I first heard them. How strange! I was never a huge fan, but I've always liked 'em. I think my ex best friend was always playing one of their CDs...

My favorite song is "El Scorcho". I just love that song.

D'you ever read the crap they post about Weezer on Buddyhead.com? Heh heh heh...I'd be mad at those guys if they weren't always making me laugh so hard.

------------------
...an angel who didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards...

"Ni! Ni! Niii!" -Monty Python & the Holy Grail

"Dream dangerous, and thanks for the poem!"
- what Neil Gaiman signed in my copy of "American Gods". I gave him a poem I wrote.

++Part of a conversation with Benji from Good Charlotte++
Me: Your music means so much to me...
Benji: Really? Thank you. Thank you very much. It means a lot to -me- that you said that.
(This was followed by a hug from Benji.)

R.I.P. To all the victims of the terrorist attack that occurred on September 11, 2001. Truly a dark day in our history.

Posts: 256 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siouxsie
Activist
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siouxsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry about my passionate dislike of this much adored band. leaves, i think, if i can remember exactly, through all that blah blahinh is the name of rivers's brother, i don't understand that rivers and leaves? hmmmmmm, i will say nothing.

------------------

Posts: 48 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
towel42
Activist
Member # 3118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for towel42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to this topic, I had the "Sweater Song" stuck in my head all days. *nods* Yup. I even caught myself writing the lyrics in a notebook during Algebra/Trig. What's up with that?

------------------
...an angel who didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards...

"Ni! Ni! Niii!" -Monty Python & the Holy Grail

"Dream dangerous, and thanks for the poem!"
- what Neil Gaiman signed in my copy of "American Gods". I gave him a poem I wrote.

++Part of a conversation with Benji from Good Charlotte++
Me: Your music means so much to me...
Benji: Really? Thank you. Thank you very much. It means a lot to -me- that you said that.
(This was followed by a hug from Benji.)

R.I.P. To all the victims of the terrorist attack that occurred on September 11, 2001. Truly a dark day in our history.

Posts: 256 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm....interesting...

It seems that for every few people on ST, there is a Weezer fan or a Third Eye Blind fan.

Or is this just my own twisted mind?

------------------
"Only in dreams
We see what it means
Reach out our hands
Hold on to hers
But when we wake
It's all been erased
And so it seems
Only in dreams..."
-Weezer

-Loveline

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i dig both weezer and 3eb.

the show on wednesday was loads of fun. the Cal Marching Band came out before Weezer's set and played their Weezer halftime show. Seeingsome of my friends down there playing "Hash Pipe," "Undone," "Buddy Holly," etc. made me so proud to be a Berkeley student -- only we're cool enough to come up with a show like that makes it almost worthwhile to go to a football game this season.

------------------

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tifa528
Activist
Member # 1484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tifa528     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love Weezer. My second favorite band... next to Jimmy Eat World. Ever since I saw the Buddy Holly video I've loved them. And I don't care what anyone says... Pinkerton is my favorite album by them. It doesn't suck! lol I think the fact that I'm obsessed with Rivers might have something to do with my love for the band. Rivers is the geek God of love.
Posts: 56 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siouxsie
Activist
Member # 4095

hehehe, after all that i have agreed to go and see weezer play in southampton, well that's what having a crush on someone does for you, and when they are paying for the ticket! well what can i say? isn't the guy from third eye blind, J, in another band? the snake river conspiracy with a very attractive tobey torres? it might be the wrong guy but i think i have it right, SRC rock! i will not be nasty to all the weezer fans i promise (joke i 'm sorry).

------------------

MoonChild
Neophyte
Member # 4589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoonChild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SELLOUTS!
Posts: 21 | From: i forget | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MoonChild:
SELLOUTS!

In my opinon, that is a term without any real meaning. Besides, it's not like they have come out with Rivers and Brian bedsheets or anything.

------------------
"I talked for hours to your wallet photograph
And you just listened.
You laughed, enchanted by my intellect...
Or maybe, you didn't."

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ahh, the battlecry of indie-hipsters everywhere.

to them, i say, selling out is better than keeping a narrow mind.

------------------

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gumdrop Girl:
ahh, the battlecry of indie-hipsters everywhere.
to them, i say, selling out is better than keeping a narrow mind.

And to you, I say amen...becuase without "selling out," I would never have been able to hear such wonderful music. The entire concept that success makes people "sellouts" or suddenly "uncool" just strikes me as despicably elitist in nature. Believe it or not, there is a difference between success of its own accord and hard work, and success of the manufactured (a la Backstreet) variety. And only one of those strikes me as being a problem.

------------------
"Verdugo, Engine 14; you can cancel all units responding to this structure fire...this is just a dishwasher gone bad."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You go, Danny! Right on!

------------------
I believed in nothing,
but you believe in me,
I thought that life was worthless,
but you told me I'm a star...

Angel-Stabbing Westward

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Weezer 3 days ago. They were awesome Def a good show to see!!
Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siouxsie
Activist
Member # 4095

weezer cancelled all their european tours. i was looking forward to wearing a tie and everything!

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.