Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Waxing Nostalgic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Waxing Nostalgic
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh My God.

As you may know, I'm in the middle of moving, so of course I'm going through everything I own. I don't tend to have a lot of memorabilia, but I have my share.

So, today, first I find all of my old love letters from my junior high school boyfriend (and his yarmulke, which I have no idea how I got or why I have), and even have documented the first time and lst time someone called me a "toe" and said they loved me in the same sentence. Now, how often does that happen? Hopefully, not often.

Then I find my junior high yearbooks, which include a snapshot of the first boy I ever gave oral sex, too. Let me say that he had no redeeming qualities whatsoever (I'll punctutate that by saying that when I ran into him almost ten years later, he smiled, said hello, then started talking blowjobs again: no redeeming qiualities). save that everyone thought he was an absolute babe, including me.

Well, I saw the pictures today. He was a complete dork! I don't know what any of us were thinking. Ah, long-gone youth. It just goes to show how much of a difference a little perspective (okay, so 17 years isn't a little, but whatever) can make.

So, those are my little stories for today. What are yours?

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xALK3x
Neophyte
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xALK3x     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i went to the same school from kindergarten through eighth grade, and for those entire nine years i thought andy was just the coolest kid around. he was one year older then us (even though he was in the same grade) and had friends in *gasp* highschool! he also entertained us all with stories about engaging in all sorts of sexual activities, so naturally, i thought he was the most wordly middle schooler ever. after i hit high school i came to realize that all the older kids he was friends with in elementary school were losers, and the sex stories were just plain false. it turned out that i made a circle of friends who were all around college age and involved in the punk scene, while he's hanging around some 10th graders (and apparently smoking weed everyday.) its hilarious how much cooler i used to think he was then everyone else.
Posts: 28 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i keep all my icq messages, and a few nights ago, i was reading thru some messages from an ex-boyfriend. they used to make me feel better when i was down. i'd remember the things we used to do. i'd miss him a little.

but this time, none of it meant anything to me. all of it felt so petty. and now it feel like things with him weren't all that great. i suppose that's why relationships dissolve sometimes. and i realized, it's over. completely over and i have managed to move on. i never though i would.

------------------
if you get the molasses, i'll set up the trampoline.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zanney
Activist
Member # 8696

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Zanney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this is very sad, but I miss one of the schools I went to. I feel like I totally loved my time there, got on with everyone and loved the HUGE array of extra-curricular stuff I could get my teeth into. But then again, I realise I couldn't have loved it that much, because I remember counting down in days, hours, minutes (and at one point, seconds) until I was free of the place. And yet I only have good memories. Isn't that wierd?
Posts: 419 | From: Tivoli | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badly_behaved_badger
Activist
Member # 7728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh this is a sad one I found one of my old school T-shirts which everyone had signed when I left my 5th school 4 years ago. Everyone's names were on it and they had all written little messages...it brought back a lot of memories.

Under the collar someone had written 'I'll miss your chipmunk laugh' - that brought tears to my eyes.

------------------
Philosophers wonder whether the fridge light stays on when the door is closed; fridges wonder whether philosophers still talk rubbish when they take off their corduroy jackets.

Posts: 388 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.