Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » eyeglass frames for certain face shapes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: eyeglass frames for certain face shapes
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am absolutely head-over-heels in love with adorable cat eyeglass frames, but I have a long face and don't know if these would look good on me.

My sister has a super cute pair and I tried them on and they looked okay. She said "Those don't look good on you. They look good on people who have a more wide face." so that sort of shot my ego.

Anyway, I have a long nose and big eyes so what kind of frames would look good on me? I went to Eyeglasses.com and "e-tried" many pairs on, and some of them did indeed look very cute, but some didn't make it past both sides of my face (I guess they're supposed to).

So..yeah. Help?

------------------
God Bless Texas

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."
-- Winnie The Pooh

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you are talking about. I've tried on millions of pairs of sunglasses and the ones that are rectangle look the best on me but they are not very easy to find. I had tommy hilfiger ones that were pink and I LOVED them, so much, but I lost them. I was so angry, now I don't wear sunglasses(but I should) becuase I can't find ones that can nearly compare. I have a kind of round face...just so you know, I think the nose and the cheek bones makes a difference, too.
Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wear glasses 'cause I'm near-sighted like that, and while I have contact lenses, I hate them. Here's what i've learned is goodfor my face. I like small rims, but they can't be too small because I have a big, round face. black rims don't look good against my black hair (it makes my hair look funny).

I do have a black and green pair of cat eyes. i love them. but they are plastic frames, so they get slippery with sweat and grease and slide down my face a lot. There's a picture of me wearing them on my homepage -- it's the high school graduation photo.

Anyway, I've seen a lot of different faces look good in cat eyes. The rims don't haveto extend past your temples, but they should suit you. Thicker rims for thicker faces, slimmer rims for narrower faces.

------------------
"I am so smart, I am so smart, s-m-r-t....I mean s-m-A-r-t." Homer J. Simpson
"Mmm ... floor pie!" Homer J. Simpson

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My suggestion would be to actually go to your eye doc's office and let them help you out. Look for the most fashionable/put-together looking person who works there, and ask for their assistance. That's how I picked out my latest frames. There's this fabulous girl who works for my eye doctor who has the best taste and will be honest with you no matter what. If they frames look terrible and are totally wrong for you, she'll tell ya. See if there's anybody like that who could help you out.

It's true that some frame shapes look better on some faces than others. You just kinda have to try and see. Also, remember that if the frames aren't the correct size for your face, then no matter what shape they are they'll probably look awful. I have a fairly small face, so they had to order in some special "micro-frames" for me to try so that they didn't stick out an inch off either side of my face. I'd suggest just going into your eye doctor's office, or you could even go into one of those Lense Crafter's stores in the mall, and just try on frames for a while. Ask for help from the staff, and maybe take a friend with you to give another perspective. Just keep trying until you find what you want.

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, now those are adorable, Gummy. =D

Mmm, so is that. You guys look so cute together!

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 09-07-2002).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caramel Apple Pop
Activist
Member # 8475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caramel Apple Pop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooh! He's a hotty, Gumdrop!

------------------
If I could tell the world just one thing
It would be that we're all ok... And not to worry because worry is wasteful
and useless in times like these... I will not be made useless I won't be idled with despair
I will gather myself around my faith
for light does the darkness most fear

ø¤º¤ø Beth ø¤º¤ø

Posts: 98 | From: A world of wonder, where war never disturbes peace, and the sun never gets consumed by the shadows... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aww shucks yeah, he's a darlin' isn't he

He actually helped me pick out my newest frames. I dragged him into Lenscrafters, and i spent a whole hour trying stuff on. Nothing quite looked right until i pulled this one pair out of the clearance drawer, and we both agreed, they were "it."

They're bronze Esprit wire-rims. Vaguely spectacle-shaped, but a little bigger. Lenscrafters might seem so "been-there-done-that," but they really do have an awesome selection for dirt cheap. However, their cat-eye selection leaves one wanting. I had to get those at my optometrist.

------------------
"I am so smart, I am so smart, s-m-r-t....I mean s-m-A-r-t." Homer J. Simpson
"Mmm ... floor pie!" Homer J. Simpson

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.