Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » How old are you.... Really?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How old are you.... Really?
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's always that one person that cries to get out of things, fakes being sick or what have you to not have to do something they don't want to do. They may mimic you or lie to get out of trouble. They act like they're five years old while biologically they may be 20, 30, 40, 50...! And then there are those people who are in reality quite young but are more mature than most adults you know!

So what age do you think you are inside? Are you a toddler: always curious about the things around you, a teenager for life, or do you think you have an old soul and have been around a long time?

While no one can realistically be older than what they've experienced in this life, you can feel older... More wiser perhaps.

I personally feel older than I am now: 14. I don't really fit in with the teen crowd... What about you?

------------------
"Straight it boring," ~Loreal Le Grande Curl commercial

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Inside, i usually feel older than i am. But, i love to act like a little kid, laugh, go krazy, have fun. But, i think i have a bit of a more mature mind than some people. Partly, i think i had to take on a lot of responsibility when i was 11 from my being diagnosed with diabetes. I had to learn how to do 4 needles a day, and take good care of myself. A lot of work for someone so young. But also, i feel like i don't have to fit in with the popoular group. Out of my friends, i am the most alternative, dying my hair krazy colours, dressing how i want, not worrying too much what others think, and letting boys get to taking over my life. i learned to not sweat the small insignificant stuff long ago.

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ohh ... I'm one of those kids who had to grow up fast. I was making dinner and doing dishes and cleaning the house by the time i was 10. My mom was a single parent and I always had to babysit my sister.

Sooo ... I guess i would say that i like to jump ages when it's convenient. In school and w/ other responsibilities, i tend to drag on my "i'm too old for my age" attitude, but when i have free time i'm just barrells of fun. I'm the lil girl that everyone loves to poke ... And i've got the mouth of a 5 yr old. Tell me something, and if you don't tell me 20x over not to say anything, it'll just fall out. I can't help myself lol

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At six in the morning, I feel about 5. By ten, I feel three times that, and by the end of the day, I usually feel it's time to ship me out to the home and play that Lawrence Welk at high volume, baby.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I sit somewhere between 5 - 8 years older than I really am.. I'm another person who was forced to grow up and "deal" at a young age. I ended up defending myself from about age 6, and I didn't really have a comfortable childhood, or relationship with either of my parents, so I was in it alone for quite some time.

I also left home and got put in foster care at age 13 after my stepfather took to hitting me.. so I became fairly self sufficient. I left home for good at 16, and have been living independently since then.. which sets me aside from most people my age who are only now leaving home and setting off to University and student lifestyles.. whereas I've been working fulltime for 3 years.

Another contributing factor I guess was being in numerous screwed up "romantic/sexual" relationships from age 13 when I lost my virginity.. including ones with men much older than myself. I learned a lot from my mistakes, so I don't make silly decisions anymore.

My group of friends range between 20 (my SO), and 36ish (my workmate), with most of them tending to be between 26 and 33.

</rant>

entropie - physically 19, emotionally/mentally 25ish, first thing in the morning, 8.

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to a friend of mine, I am as boring as a 40 year old. So I guess that's my answer. I'm apparently middle aged.
Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am middle aged as well Lynne. In fact, I act like I am my friends' mother rather than my friends' friend. I lecture people on staying out late and drinking too much, I shout at them for not giving to charity and I'm generally a naggy pain in the bum. Sometimes I even have to lecture my mother.
(Not that nagging defines a 40 year old woman, of course, but I really do act like someone whose seen it all before)

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is an interesting question, and I think about it a fair bit. I haven't yet struck on an answer, though.

I tend to think of myself as older and more mature than most people my age, but now I wonder if that is just youthful foolishess. I always thought other kids were being immature by screwing up their lives and calling it maturity (e.g. having loveless sex at young ages, abusing drugs...yeah, real grown-up) but now I wonder if perhaps they were actually more mature all along. Perhaps I should have allowed myself to make these mistakes as well. Perhaps now they are all the more mature for making these mistakes...

Sorry if I don't make sense. Generally I'm fairly cautious, and prefer quiet, non smoky atmospheres. I like sitting around at home talking. I reflect a lot, and I wish I could call myself wise, but I'm wise enough to know that I'm still foolish

Besides, I am very immature in some ways. I am spoiled and naive and oversensitive. I'm lazy and wish I could go back to a time when I never had to fill out forms or call strangers or deal with gigantic scary beaureaucracies!

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
italienprincess
Activist
Member # 3087

Icon 1 posted      Profile for italienprincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it realy depends.

at school, since im a freshman and all, i feel like a toddler. everyone says how cute i am ( i have a realy high voice unfourtunatly ) and i dunno.

at home, i am the oldest one still living at home and in charge of 3 little brothers. i feel like im a house wife, adn when i go to bed, i feel like in 78 cause im so tired

Posts: 130 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siren
Activist
Member # 3243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was one of those kids who had to grow up fast. My dad left when I was 14, it was just me, my mom, my little sister, and some pets. We lost our house soon after that. Then I got pregnant, lost the baby. My mom had a lot of emotional problems because she was dealing with so much. I felt like it was my place to be the mature level headed one. And that's stayed with me even though now my dad is in my life again and I like my family and living situation.

I do have a childish side too. I think everyone should. I sometimes will choose to sit at the "kiddie table" when we have big family dinners because the little kids are sometimes much more interesting. And sometimes I'm more comfortable talking with people who are in their 20's, 30's, and 40's. I think I have a pretty even balance between mature (when I need to be), and childish (when I can!).

------------------
Lil Siren

Posts: 190 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camzie13
Activist
Member # 2908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camzie13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For me, people have always told me that i acted older. Especially older than my sister, who is 16 and 5'0. It was like...once i outgrew her physically, i also outgrew her mentally. I always thought I looked my age, until yesterday, when a guy (quite a sweetie who is my OOA) said that once i get my braces off, I will pass for 16 or 17. I took it as a compliment, so I would have to say that I range from a 13 yr old, to a 30 yr old...but it depends on my mood, the situation, etc.
Posts: 147 | From: NJ | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At school I feel older like I'm 18. Probably because all the freshmen around me act 10.

Get me around toys I feel 5 because I want to play with all the cool barbie toys and stuff.

------------------
If you're gone - maybe it's time to go home
There's an awful lot of breathing room
But I can hardly move
If you're gone - baby you need to come home
'Cause there's a little bit of something me
In everything in you

~Sexy Rob Thomas, 'If You're Gone.'

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baptist
Activist
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baptist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 17, but I feel like I'm 27. I'm the only one at my school who reads the newspaper and discusses politics, economics and religion. I'm also a conservative political activist and I keep in touch with my senators and my representative. I participate in protests and I volunteer to help people. I'm the only one of my friends who can field strip a Remington 870 or tell you all about the Ruger Mini-14. I'm pastoring an afterschool ministry and I produce a monthly newsletter at no cost for anyone who wishes to read it.

I suppose in those respects, I am quite grown up, but I don't have nearly as much experience as the ones who taught me about all these things. To them, I say thanks.

Posts: 232 | From: Woodbridge, Virginia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BJadeT:
I am middle aged as well Lynne. In fact, I act like I am my friends' mother rather than my friends' friend. I lecture people on staying out late and drinking too much, I shout at them for not giving to charity and I'm generally a naggy pain in the bum. Sometimes I even have to lecture my mother.

I'm the same way, BJadeT. I always worry about my friends (and even my parents sometimes) getting into trouble or making the wrong choices. I tend to be the "mom" of the group most of the time . But I'm learning to accept other people's decisions, because you learn from your mistakes, right? All I can do is influence them. ::Sigh:: But all I WANT to do is sit everyone down and have them play Twister and drink Hawaiin Punch forever!

------------------
"Straight it boring," ~Loreal Le Grande Curl commercial

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear Heather. So I'm always talking to the 5 year old you in those ponytails? Freaky thought.

I feel very much older than I really am and people always say I look in my mid 20s. I am 19.

I didn't exactly have to grow up fast but I have been taught to be independent since I was young. And I am the oldest in my group of friends so I am always the one who is like looking after them and giving advice.

I prefer to settle my problems by myself and I enjoy activities like reading, listening to music and coming online as compared to clubbing and stuff.

There are times when I do feel like a 12 year old. That's usually with Fabian and people I know really well. When I can just act like a total moron and just do silly things.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~*StarGazer*~
Neophyte
Member # 2066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~*StarGazer*~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I definitely feel older than my real age. I was always the one that had to grow up quickly and deal with everything because of my life. In the past two years, I've learned amazing lessons that some people twice my age tell me they still haven't learned.

But at the same time, I feel younger. Probably because I'm short...

------------------
I am a goddess

I am in love

That's all you need to know

Posts: 37 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ruth
Neophyte
Member # 3381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few years back, my mother made the comment that I was "15 going on 45"... haha

Really, though, I had to grow up really fast at a young age due to family and financial/geographical problems, and I think I've always identified with people who are much older than I am. My closest friend is 19 years older than I am -- old enough to be my mom, but she treats me just like any adult, even though I was 15 when we first met. What has always been considered the norm in my age group personally bores me, and I'd much rather hang around with my close friend than any of the people I attend class with.

So, I guess I'm quite older emotionally & mentally rather than in age or physical terms. I believe I look my age or a few years older, but I still get lauded as the younger sister when talking to people. Reminds me of a funny conversation I once had:

Mom's friend: Your little sister looks so much older than you!
Me: *under my breath* When people look at her, they think she's older. When people talk to me, they *know* I'm older.

*evil grin*

--Ruth

------------------
I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away.

Posts: 14 | From: Sikeston, MO | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cuddleslut
Activist
Member # 3349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cuddleslut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How old I feel depends on my mood. I don't think there's really one age that I feel. I remember my best friend once said "age is like clothing. sometimes you put on the 6 year old outfit--a pink t-shirt with grass stains and food spilled on it. other days you wear the more mature thing--the 20 year old black tight-fitting dress. it all depends on how you feel, and your age seems to adjust accordingly". I highly agree. I think that sometimes I feel so mature, a lot older than my age (almost 15). Other times, I just feel like I'm 5 years old and have absolutely no real responsibility or capability of doing anything. But in general, I guess I feel 14. I don't know. I mean, I feel like I know a lot more than people expect of me, but then so does every 14 year old. I get along with kids my age, all my friends are within a couple years of 14 on either side. So, I guess I feel 14 most of the time. But it changes.

------------------
It's sickening how comforting the privacy of the mind can be...

Posts: 120 | From: california...well, at least it sounds cool. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

quote:
Originally posted by cuddleslut:
...."age is like clothing. sometimes you put on the 6 year old outfit--a pink t-shirt with grass stains and food spilled on it. other days you wear the more mature thing--the 20 year old black tight-fitting dress. it all depends on how you feel, and your age seems to adjust accordingly".

I like that! That happens to me sometimes, too. While I generally feel older than my age (14), I still like to put on a poofy dress and twirl around in it until I get so dizzy I fall down (remember doing that when you were a kid, girls, or am I the only one?).

------------------
"Honey, whose car is that in our driveway?"

"It's yours, Frank."

"It IS, isn't it?"

Laura
Activist
Member # 3426

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the "age is like clothing" theory too. Except usually, I think I end up wearing the 10-year-old shirt with the 40-year-old pants. I never was very good at matching my clothes. Biologically, I'm 23, but mentally, I feel like I'm everything *but* that.

------------------
Banana, pineapple, passion fruit, papaya, cherimoya, coconut, carambola, mango,
tango, mambo, limbo, samba, cha cha cha!

Posts: 107 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always felt older than I am. When I was little, my babysitters were the next door neighbors teenage daughters. And rather than treating me like the annoying little kid, I was just one of their friends. So when I was just a little kid on the outside, I was a teenager on the inside.

I'm 20 now, and I think I feel like I'm maybe 30. I'm ready to be out and on my own I think.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"What is the odds so long as the fire of soul is kindled..."
~Charles Dickens

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narligia
Neophyte
Member # 3447

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narligia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be a hard question...because anywhere from 10 years from now to 50 years...I'll always be playing! And I'll always feel like I've been here forver. lol. But according to a lot of views, friends net and otherwise, usually say I'm a lot more mature than they are. I'm also more into politics, current events, activism, philsophy, and other stuff a lot of kid's don't pay attention to. The friends I enjoy most range from the 20-70 year range (I'm 14).

------------------
Ray

Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilith2000
Neophyte
Member # 2910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilith2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel a different age by what I'm wearing and who I'm with.

If I'm trying on balldresses with my girlfriends I feel about five.

If I'm sitting in a cocktail bar with M, I feel about 25.

On one occasion recently, I decided to stay home and talk rather than go out clubbing with my cousin, she made me feel about 45.

If anyone asks me if I'm trying to get into the cinema (noone ever asks me in bars/clubs/pubs) I'm 20.

But in reality when I sign official documents, when I apply for my drivers licence, when I'm in school, I'm 17 years 3 months and 29 days.

L2K

Posts: 12 | From: Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreveryoung
Activist
Member # 7990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreveryoung     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
everybody always says they think i am older than i really am, i am thirteen, and i don't really fit in with teens, yes i hang out with them, but i feel like i'v been through so much, and know alot more about life, i'v been growing up fast.
I would say somwhere between 16-19, that might seem like a big differnce but thats how i feel, Like i would be fine and do great if i turned 18 tommarow.

------------------
*****@nna-Christine*****

Posts: 87 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In actuality I'm 21, and that suits me pretty well at the moment, I think. A lot of people have always thought that I am older than I am- when I was 11, in fact, I was mistaken for the mother of my little sister and brother (who were aged 9 and 7 respectively)- normally people don't get the age that wrong though- most assume that I'm 3-5 years older, and I'm sure that wears off after they've known me a while.

In some aspects of my life, I feel a lot younger than many of my peers- around 15 or so- and I don't like that, because it makes me feel like I've got too much catching up to do. In others, I probably feel a couple of years older than my peer group in general, simply because I don't like a lot of typical 21-year-old activities (at least not often )- however, I don't know if this is an age thing, or a preference thing, as my friends, who are all around the same age, also enjoy the same things as me.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chyna2255
Neophyte
Member # 7673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chyna2255     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am 19 and would have to say I feel older around 23 or 24

------------------
"We who are truley brave will never live in fear" The Rock
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Love may be blind, but jealousy sees too much. -- Unknown

[This message has been edited by Chyna2255 (edited 06-07-2002).]

Posts: 25 | From: denver,co,usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 32 on the inside. That's how old the woman that I'm tragically in love with is, and I connect with her really well, better than people my own age. I think I'm the same age as her mentally and emotionally. I wish I was still immature so that I could have a childhood.
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badly_behaved_badger
Activist
Member # 7728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Real age: 15
Mental Age: Hmm.. That depends. I like to think I'm mature in the sense that I'm open minded and I've seen a fair bit of the world, but, I still like carpet wrestling and, surprise, surprise...badgers!

I can't really put a finger on my mental age, it changes by the minute!

------------------
Ralph wept for the end of innocence, the darkness of a man's heart and the fall through the air of the wise, true friend called Piggy - Lord of the Flies

Posts: 388 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just turned 24, and I'm finally starting to feel like my internal age is catchng up to my chronological age. In fact, I'm so used to feeling at odds with my chronological age that lately I've been terribly surprised whenever I realize that I'm actually 24.

I think my internal age is somewhere around 25 - 28. That's the age I've wanted to be at ever since I was 12 or 13, and I think I'm going to like those years. And I think I'll want to stay in them once i get there -- I fully expect to become one of those people who refuse to turn 30.

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Sexpert

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform."
-- Alfred Kinsey

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm almost 15 on the outside.

But on the inside? It varies. One day I could be 16, wanting to go on dates and doing normal sweet 16 stuff.

And then on another day I could be 12. Making immature jokes.

If I had to choose, I couldn't choose just one side, because then I wouldn't be me. I'd either be a very serious Daydreamer24 or a very annoying one!!!

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my mind, I am very mature. Biologically, I am 16 years old... but sometimes I feel 25. That why I HATE it when my parents or anyone else says "you're only 16, you don't know anything!". My mom's always telling me that I need to take on more responsibility now b/c I'm 16. Well, she still treats me like I'm 5. It's a very big double-standard. Grrrr, how I long to be 18 or older... I thought sixteen was gonna be a big deal, but in all reality, it's just like being 15. Or, 5, for that matter...

------------------
So don't let the world bring you down,
Not everyone here is that f*cked up and cold,
Remember why you came and while you're alive,
Experience the warmth before you grow old

~*Only God Knows Why*~

Seein' Red: My Teen Open Diary

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ten years ago I was thirty, but now I'm fifteen, complete with the worries and depressiveness. Hopefully soon I'll sort that out. And as for chronological age, I was born in 1982.

------------------
Why scream and cry when you know it's true?
Why fall in love when there's better things to do?

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniLoo
Activist
Member # 7058

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JenniLoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
here I am....a 30-year-old, trapped in a 16-year-old's body I've only been on this earth for 16 years, but I feel 30 sometimes. (especially when my 18 year old boyfriend acts 4)

------------------
~Who live in a pineapple under the sea?~

~ Jenni

Posts: 43 | From: Savannah, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etoile
Neophyte
Member # 8657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etoile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel much older than 16 just cause of everything that has happened in my life. I feel like I am the parent in my household - I feed my siblings, clean, and make sure everything is the way that it is supposed to be. My parents are divorced and my mom drinks heavily so I have to watch out for the rest of the kinfolk. Plus, Im always at work and have lots of bills to pay, well two ( cell phone and car insurance ), but it seems like a lot.
And strangly enough, sometimes I feel like im 80 cause I was born with arthritis in my knees and when the weather is just so it hurts really bad!!

I like being "older" though cause I know that once Im out of high school I will be successful cause I know how to handle responsiblities. Plus, its fun to lose it sometimes and act like Im 3 and scare the crap outta all of my friends

------------------
No one's a virgin....Life screws everyone

Posts: 39 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxfire
Activist
Member # 8676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I'm at school i'm about 3 months old, because I don't talk and I just want someone who loves me to hold me and feed me, and take as many naps as I want.And my cordination isn't very good either. When I'm at home I feel about 65 and just want to soend time with my family and take a hot bath and go to bed.
Posts: 117 | From: Washington | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.