Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » What are you wearing the first day of school?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What are you wearing the first day of school?
Caramel Apple Pop
Activist
Member # 8475

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Caramel Apple Pop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So when does everyone start back to school? What are you going to wear?

I start back Aug. 20th. Blah. I'm kinda excited though, becuase I had surgery in March, and haven't been to school since.

Anyways, I'm going to wear my lace-up tan mini skirt from American Eagle, and my dusty rose colored shirt from Gadzooks. The shirt is really pretty. It has one of those cinched bust lines and split flutter sleeves. Oh yeah, and for shoes i'm wearing tan sandals.

Your Turn.

------------------
If I could tell the world just one thing
It would be that we're all ok... And not to worry because worry is wasteful
and useless in times like these... I will not be made useless I won't be idled with despair
I will gather myself around my faith
for light does the darkness most fear

ø¤º¤ø Beth ø¤º¤ø

Posts: 98 | From: A world of wonder, where war never disturbes peace, and the sun never gets consumed by the shadows... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackRoseFaery
Activist
Member # 7365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackRoseFaery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your outfit sounds really pretty. I'm opting for my normal jeans and t-shirt.

------------------
Art is why I get up in the morning, but my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair, that I'm living for something I can't even define" - Ani D.

Posts: 88 | From: Hixson, TN, US | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I start school on september third. Haven't thought much about what I'm going to wear yet, but figured my angel jeans with the big belt and my light blue shirt with the slit sleeves.

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
honestly i have no idea since i'm not really done shopping but i think my bongo jeans or the ones i got today, nothing special.

------------------
my world

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i got a whole bunch of clothes for school... i told myself that i would wait for school b4 i wore them...

yah rite! lol i wore about 1/2 of them. =D
they're sooo cute i cant help it! lol

i dont know for sure about which pair of pants i'm going to wear... or if i'll wear a skirt... i have a long denim skirt with one of those cute designs sewn in... or these cute plaid pants, but it might be too hot for those. sigh... soo many clothes... so hard to choose.

i'm pretty sure i'm wearing this cute peasant type shirt i have. u know how those shirts with the sleeves that start out normal and than poof! go out. lol... i heart them! and i got the same shirt in a tan color and a black. i'll prob wear a tan... i dont have any black bras to wear with the black one... and i hate when people can see my bra... lol so yah...

side note: you can never have too many clothes!... no matter what anyone says! =D

------------------
dont worrie b happie... its like a law! =)

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am going to wear what ever happens to be clean and within reach that morning. Maybe my Hard Rock Cafe from Sydney. Or something.

But that isn't until 23 Sept.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DarkChild717:
But that isn't until 23 Sept.

Boy, are you lucky! We start in 1 week! August 19th! I am so dreading that date. And I don't even know why.

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I start september 26th.

I'm wearing whatever i pull out of my drawer that day.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cali rules...they thought that we didnt have enough school so they made us start sooner and get out later and we have less breaks. :P Anyway I start On August 28th.

I'm not done shopping only 1/3 done. But, I have a pretty good idea that I'm going to wear this tan skirt that has flowers at the bottom and a slit in the middle, actually you can call them skorts because shorts are underneath. And with that I'm going to wear a white peasant top, but it doesnt have sleeves. I need to get shoes, I dont have any idea what shoes I'm going to wear.

Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undercover Cinderella
Neophyte
Member # 4607

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Undercover Cinderella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm wearin something old and comfy. Everybodys too tired to notice what your wearing on the first day anyway. LOL. Jeans, a Tee and sneakers.
Posts: 39 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Olive:
Cali rules...they thought that we didnt have enough school so they made us start sooner and get out later and we have less breaks. :P

Washington state is supposed to have exactly 180 days of school. We have a few extra, for snow days. But it we go over 2 snow days, we have to make it up. We now have winter break, mid-winter break and spring break. But those are the public schools. I operate on the Community College breaks.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caramel Apple Pop
Activist
Member # 8475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caramel Apple Pop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe that some of you guys don't start until the end of september. That is so not fair. UGH.
Posts: 98 | From: A world of wonder, where war never disturbes peace, and the sun never gets consumed by the shadows... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Caramel -- the later starters probably got out after we did.

I don't care about starting school; just I don't want to get up at 6 AM.

I like school. If you tell yourself positive thoughts, you won't look down on so many things. I now look forward to school because

1) I'm excited about seeing my friends.
2) I'm excited about making new friends.
3) I can't wait to start new school year goals! (making good grades and following through with it)
4)Being a sophomore!

------------------
God Bless Texas

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."
--Winnie The Pooh

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 10 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've decided to wear a cute denim skirt and some shirt...that i can wear without breaking the dress code.... lol. i haven't really decided on a top yet. and school starts on tuesday! arrgghh!

------------------
~*your winning me over with everything u say...you rip my heart right out...and when i let you closer i only want you closer...you rip me apart...

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I woke up at 5 am every day this summer. I have no sympathy.
I start the 5th, but that's cause it's university.

Posts: 433 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Why, cupcake?

Just wondering since on some days I slept till noon.

Sh!mmeR!ng*staR
Activist
Member # 6475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sh!mmeR!ng*staR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i slept til 1:30 today!

oi, but getting back on topic, i plan on wearing nice jeans and one of the t-shirts that i'll be buying from hot topic or tj maxx on my back-to-school shopping spree. and my new shoes. yes.

------------------
Prosperity that
the golden Muses
gave me was no
delusion: dead, I
won't be forgotten
-Sappho

Posts: 97 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

I'm just gonna wear chunky brown shoes, bootcut jeans, and probably a shirt from Old Navy.

Nothin' special!

~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im dont know what I'll wear, Im not done shopping either. My school starts August 24th.

I've slept in till noon or 1pm almost everyday this summer. 6 am is gonna suck monkeys.

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr_Superstar
Neophyte
Member # 9637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr_Superstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I start school on September 2nd. I plan to wear something comfortable. Probably shorts and a t-shirt.
Posts: 15 | From: Bloomington, IN | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got back from my first day of school. I literally wore the first clean thing I could find.
Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I changed my mind on what I'm going to wear! Yesterday I got these Zana-Di jeans that are so cute, hehe and I'll still wear the white sleeveless-pheasant top. I can't wait til school. I want to post in your thread now Daydreamer! lol yeah.
Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've thought about it and I think Im wearing my dark blue courderoy low riding, boot cut pants, and my black hippy-ish shirt with flowers on it or my grey hoodie. But I tend to change my mind.
Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OoMEoO
Activist
Member # 6026

Icon 7 posted      Profile for OoMEoO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea what I am going to wear. I still need to go shopping. But i want to wear like a tight black peasant top (not one of those REALLY loose and frilly kind---those are grossness), some nice faded jeans, and this one brown belt I saw at a store. O, and my K-Swiss for shoes. Or flip flops. Whatever.
Posts: 118 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.