Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » please read !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: please read !
f0xyfairydust
Neophyte
Member # 4980

Icon 4 posted      Profile for f0xyfairydust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok im taking caution here i like just kinda met this guy online...hes my age 16 and lives in my town.
he seems harmless but im wondering what everyone thinks i should do we might meet up at the mall and go to the movies tommorow
has ne one ever done this?
does ne one think it is dumb?

[This message has been edited by f0xyfairydust (edited 08-08-2001).]

Posts: 20 | From: GRAPEVINE TEXAS | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to go, then go...if you're at all worried about it, or if you have a bad feeling about him, then don't go.

If you decide to go, then definately meet in a public place, and don't go anyplace private. Make sure that your parents know where you're going and when to expect you home, and who you're going to be meeting. Leave them a paper with his name and phone number on it too. And take a friend or two with you. And a cell phone, if possible.

And, if you want, take a cell phone and have another friend call you 20 minutes or so into your date. If things seem ok, then just tell them that everything is fine, and go on with your date. If things aren't fine, then pretend it's something important and tell him you have to go home.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Follow me or perish, sweater monkeys!"

"Remember, I'm pullin' for ya. We're all in this together!"

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justaguy
Neophyte
Member # 5048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justaguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i used to do this a long time ago on AOL i would search for girls in the member directory under my city and i would talk with them and meet them at the mall after we get to know each other but, tell him that your going to dress 1 way but dress another way and have him tell you what he will look like or what he will be wearing and once you goto the mall look for him and if he is just a normall teen the oproach him and talk to him. i hope this would help some
Posts: 12 | From: Austin, Texas, US | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say that if you're really nervous then yes, bring a friend along with you (maybe perhaps even a male friend so this guy couldn't possible get any ideas with two females there...).

It's cool that you both live in the same town though because then you can start working on a friendship in person. I find that the real friends that I have that I met online live in my area since I didn't really get to know them until we were actually in close proximity (ie. GumdropGirl...didn't really know her until she defected from SoCal and moved to Berkeley ).

------------------
"I can't die. Something tells me the people of earth are going to need me." --Rueben

blackbird's blog

[This message has been edited by blackbird (edited 08-13-2001).]

Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doe4youbaby
Neophyte
Member # 4389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doe4youbaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes be sure to be safe though and definatly tell your parents!
Posts: 33 | From: ca usa | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.