Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Losing parents trust

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Losing parents trust
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 6 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did a quick search on losing parents trust and was amazed to see no results turned up. So I was just wondering if anyone here has ever lost their parent/guardians trust, what happened that they did, and how they earned back.

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PiNkRoSe13
Activist
Member # 9055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PiNkRoSe13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When my boyfriend came over once we were in my room and my mom found us laying on top of eachother on the floor and she didn't let him come in the house for the longest time.And then she gave me all this stuff on how we never do anything else but sexual stuff. And i earned her trust back by proving to her that we could do more things than just what she thought. And now she trusts both of us now and he comes back into the house now .
Posts: 49 | From: Frankfort IL USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OoMEoO
Activist
Member # 6026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OoMEoO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i lost my parents' trust quite a while ago by many different things that i shant name right now.

lets just say i am a very very bad girl. i don't mean to be, thats just how it is.

Posts: 118 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etoile
Neophyte
Member # 8657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etoile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One day during spring break, my steady boyfriend and I ( who were sexually active ) had the house to ourselves and (very stupidly) decided to make the most of it... I forgot that my class started that night and my friend came to pick me up as we were getting dressed. I had put the condom in a plastic baggie to throw away on my way out, but I ran outta time so i yelled to my boyfriend to throw it away when he left. I get to my class and forget my social security # so I called home and my mom answered....asking what was in the plastic baggie on the counter.
I froze! O goodness! I didn't know what to say, but i starting crying and when I got home I had some serious explaining to do. She didn't trust me or my boyfriend for a while, but eventually I gained it back.

------------------
No one's a virgin....Life screws everyone

Posts: 39 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunshine_1ofakind
Activist
Member # 3215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshine_1ofakind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was a bad girl when I was 15 and lost my parents' trust. I stole their car and did a hit-and-run, skipped school weeks at a time and had the cops called to find me, I was doing a lot of drugs and drinking, sneaking out of house(of course I was caught), and just pretty much doing what I wanted to. I am 18 now and I have recently earned back their trust by not doing anything I would get in trouble for. I honestly regret causing my parents so much worry and losing their trust, those things I will never do again.
Posts: 61 | From: Mayfield, Ky | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lately I've been fighting with my parents about them not trusting me.
It all started about 3 weeks-a month ago when I called from my boyfriends house pretending to be at my friend's house, I said "I'm at Michelle's and I'm sleeping over".
Well, my dad's a cop, and for some reason he knew something was up, so he asked to talked to Michelle's parents (the first time he ever asked to talk to them in 10 years) Well I wasn't expecting that, and I had no clue what to say so I ended up saying that I was still at my boyfriend's house and ws going to Michelle's later.
Well my parents aren't dumb and they knew I was just trying to sleep at my boyfriend's house and ever since then they have held that against me for why they don't trust me (because I usually don't lie to my parents so that's the only thing they can hold against me)

Also a bunch of other things my family and I are having problems with, they know I smoke, and I'm pretty sure they know I'm into drugs, since I pretty much admitted it to them a couple nights ago.

They also don't trust me because of the people I hang out with, because they have all been caught doing drugs,stealing booze and drinking,smoking,sneaking out etc...
and the reason I'm not getting in trouble for those things are because I've never been caught! So that's why my parents still let me go out because they still have yet to catch me do something wrong.

But yea, I've just been blabbing on, but to sum it all up my parent's have no trust for me whatsoever!

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.