Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » I am idea-less and it's driving me NUTS!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am idea-less and it's driving me NUTS!
AshleyInABottle
Activist
Member # 1029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshleyInABottle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah..it's the age-old "What do I get my boyfriend for Valentine's Day?" question. My situation is kinda unique though. Ok, we've been together for a year and 5 months (a year and a half *on* Valentine's Day), and my boyfriend doesn't wear *any* jewelry, he doesn't wear *any* cologne, and I have no idea what to get him! I don't want it to be something like a CD or clothes or something..I want it to be more personal. I can't make him anything because I am pretty busy these days and I'm not crafty at all. I asked him what I should do, and he gave me the typical guy response of "I dunno". I have to get some ideas, and I've been wracking my brain, so if anyone could help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

------------------
"I do what my rice krispies tell me to do"

Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have to say that if you don't have any idea about what he likes after 18 months, I'm scared. ;p

As to the lack of arts and crafts skills, I suck. Really suck. But I still came up with an idea for my girls Christmas present - I hand framed a photo of us together.

I'd suggest that you think of something that's him, and not someone else's idea that made you think: "hey, that sounds pretty easy. I'll do it!".

Would you be happier if he gave you something he thought a great deal about, or something that someone told him to get?

------------------
- Unprincipled hooligan.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about a present where you DO something? Like planning a full day out with a picnic lunch, or a dinner date?

I'm also big on coupon presents: make a batch of coupons which offer different things: coupons for a kiss, coupons for a date, coupons for a movie, for a load of laundry, for silly stuff, what have you.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ever heard a song by Semisonic called "Singing in my Sleep?"

man, if only my boyfriend could comprehend my musical taste. I'd love to get a mix tape from him. But the last thing I need is a mix tape of Grateful Dead tunes (apologies to the Deadheads out there). *sigh*

------------------
Inspected by Number 26

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AshleyInABottle
Activist
Member # 1029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshleyInABottle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AH!! Guess what?? I finally figured it out!! I was laying in bed last night, and I couldn't sleep, so my mind started to wander....and I finally figured it out! YAYY!

------------------

Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And what did you decide? I think I know the sort of guy you mean . . . I have a friend who's like that, and getting presents for him is incredibly difficult. My usual solution to people without specific interests is to make them something yummy -- but he doesn't even like eating much. Hmph.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AshleyInABottle
Activist
Member # 1029

Well, I decided to get him a "Valentine's basket." I also decided that I am going to make time to do this, even if I am busy. In the basket, I am going to put: a memory book that I am currently making, a stuffed animal, some of those cute coupon things Miz S. suggested (I'm going to make them myself), a tape of "our songs", and I'm going to tie 2 balloons to it. Also, I decided to buy a silver plain ring band and have our named engraved on it and 8/14/99 (when we got together), and put it on a silver chain..and well, he could actually decide to start wearing jewelry (lol, hey, it's possible!), or I just figured that he could hang it in his room somewherez.

------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.