Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » whatz that feeling?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: whatz that feeling?
muddcookie
Activist
Member # 2191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for muddcookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's that feeling people get when they get all cold and shivering and stuff but they sweat(they aren't sick or anything) but it's like regular temperature around them? I get that alot and it's a nuisance. Like you get it when you're surprised about somthing, or maybe another time. HeHe, or am I just the only freak who gets that

------------------
~*i climbed your arms and you pulled away new cavity moved into my heart today the more she sings the more it seems that now im through with you~*

Posts: 76 | From: ny | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While, it could just sweat evaporating, but that would have to be evaporating pretty fast to make you shiver.

I've never really experienced a feeling like that, so I can't tell you directly what it is, but if it happens a lot, it could be some sickness. Like that can happen with respiratory infections (i.e. Pnuemonia), or a cold. So, if it just started happening try seeing a doctor. But if it's happened all your life, I haven't a clue. Could be some form of a seizure, or just some quirk. If it bothers you, or you want an answer, try seeing a doctor.

------------------
Mens' magazines feature pictures of naked women. Womens' magazines feature picture of naked women. This is beacuse the female body is beautiful and delicate, while the male body is lumpy and hairy and should not be seen by the light of day.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leigh11
Neophyte
Member # 2351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for leigh11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple of days ago I was talking with my aunt, I was telling about the night before when I heard someone open the front door ( it turned out to be my dad), and she asked me if I had ever felt some kind of cold feeling and began to sweat and shiver a little, she told me that was fear, just simple pure fear.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Technically, those are "chills."

Sometimes it's also called a "cold sweat." Really, that shouldn't happen very often when you're well.

If you're getting it all the time, you should tell your doctor. It could be a symptom of an underlying illness or condition.

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muddcookie
Activist
Member # 2191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for muddcookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it's a little bit linked to my last topic post in the Relationships Board. Whenever I talk about that or when I hear something that shocks me I get like that. It stinks >.<

------------------
~*i climbed your arms and you pulled away new cavity moved into my heart today the more she sings the more it seems that now im through with you~*

Posts: 76 | From: ny | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I get scared, I think that happens to me where I get all hot and then I start to shiver...I remember it happened to me when I broke my arm and when I had to have surgery.

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*
"The first time I saw you, I knew that I would fall for you, & now that were together, our love will last forever!!" -By: The person I LOVE MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.