Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Just a Bet!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just a Bet!
Rachel
Activist
Member # 1941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rachel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found out that 2 of my guy friends had a bet on me. They were betting to see who could get me to kiss them first. Well i found out about it. I felt really mad i mean i didn't like that they had a bet over me especially since these guys are my friends!!! I could not believe they would do this to me! Why would they do this???
Posts: 64 | From: Long Island NY | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troublemaka
Activist
Member # 543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troublemaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... sounds a little like Crule Intentions. Well the only way to find out why they did this is to ask them, i mean, you said they were your friends right?

------------------
dont frown, u never know whos falling in love with ur smile~!~

Posts: 92 | From: Somewere over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine in college was subject to a similar bet. She went to the winner and demanded half the winnings as she had done half of the work.

------------------
All paper clips are born free, but they live in chains

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 01-08-2001).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are jerks. Pure and simple.

What they did is totally disreptful and thoughtless, so if I were you, I'd have given them a good talking to by now.

------------------
Mens' magazines feature pictures of naked women. Womens' magazines feature picture of naked women. This is beacuse the female body is beautiful and delicate, while the male body is lumpy and hairy and should not be seen by the light of day.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crusher165
Neophyte
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crusher165     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
only a talking to pink?
i would've knocked some sense into them... and while i was cooling my heels in a detention center for assult charges, i would have chewed them out!!!!!
lol
guys are jerks, especially if they were your friends and did this too you. a guy friend is the person, the only one, in my life that i trust implicitly. and if he did something like that.. i don't know what i'd do, but it wouldn't be pretty.

------------------
~i never knew u
but your action effected
my life
but who knew what u'd do?
seeing as...
i never knew you

Posts: 36 | From: i'll tell you when i get there! ;b | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure why someone would do something like that, especially since they're your friends. They probably thought it would just be something fun (personally I find it extremely immature) and didn't realize you would find out and be hurt. So talk to them about it, tell them how you feel. Ask them why.

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{
"You flicker. And you're beautiful. You glow inside my head. You hold me hypnotized, I'm mesmerized..."
My Webpage-Alisons Life

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. These people were just childish and immature brats.

If it really upsets you, have a talk with them and let them know. Especially if you consider them your friends. Sometimes we do things on impulse without considering another person's feelings. So talk to them.

And after that, do what BoBoLink said. Ask for half the winnings.

Don't worry yourself silly over such immatured boys. It's not worth it.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Immature, childish idiots.

I'd say someone needs to learn the meaning of the word "friendship". ;p

------------------
You are what you eat?
But I don't even LIKE nuts!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femalepleaser
Activist
Member # 637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Femalepleaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thisguy you change your sig quite frequently i see...

------------------
If you love what you do you'll never work a day in your life!

I'd rather listen to bad 80's music than the Backstreet boys or N'sync

My 1st Website!

Posts: 86 | From: CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.