Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Question for everyone, about highschool.... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Question for everyone, about highschool....
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just curious, but do things get better in highschool? See, I'm 14 and going into highschool, but all through junior-high I was kinda shy. I had alot of friends though, it's not like no one ever talked to me. But I have a bunch of friends in highschool already, and I was just wondering if in highschool things got more active, and you made new friends, or even a boyfriend or two? I just don't want this year to turn out boring like the last two years. Can anyone give me some input? Thankz, it would help alot!

------------------
*^Lucky^*

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, lucky. I'm going into grade ten, and in my opinion, it all sucked.

If you don't want it to be boring, sign up for lots of clubs. If you're not into sports, sign up for book clubs, or cheerleading, or something. Trust me, at the end of the year, you'll regret everything you didn't do.

If you do lots of activities and stuff, you're bound to make friends in highschool.

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelsBrat
Activist
Member # 563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AngelsBrat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
High school is the best!! I used to be exactly like you, before i went into grade nine. I don't know what it is, but high school just changes everything. I don't know how it will be for you, but for me i got involved in everything, like teams and clubs and stuff and it helps you find people w/ the same interests as you. And don't push the boyfriend thing ... When the time is right, you'll have a boyfriend and it'll be the best
Posts: 55 | From: Toronto,Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hate to be such a downer, but i *hated* high school. but that was because i trapped in a small town full of ignorant people who shunned challenge and innovative thought.

college is the way to go. i'm so much happier now.

------------------
i think you're special ... and i don't mean that in a short bus kind of way

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenie_Ruben
Activist
Member # 1043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenie_Ruben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MY FRESHMAN YEAR:
my first high school experience was definatly better than junior high in middle school i was a complete outcast with about 4 other people who were cool with me for about the four years. i had no friends that were guys, no bf or first kiss but when i hit freshman year my world flipped i hung out with people like me we called ourselves "the group" we were all diffreent (the people who don't fit in with the preps, goths or ANY one else) i didn't change but i was more open with my opinions i experienced a lot more i fell in love and my first EVERYTHING i must say that you shouldn't rush any thing no matter how tempting. i don't regret anything but i wish i waited thats pretty much the best way for me to sum up the kind of changes that can occur in high school for some people

------------------
I <3 Ruben 4 EVER

Posts: 48 | From: N/A | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyAngel84
Activist
Member # 233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BabyAngel84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For me....H.S. is awesome!!>...so many more people..of course...we have 5 jr. highs so when we go to h.s. we meet people from all of those schools so u make a lot of new friends.....and i have met a few interesting guys at h.s. jr. high sucked for me!!! i'm gonna be an 11th grader starting wednesday and i can't wait!!! good luck

------------------
I tried to find the perfect line to make you mine, sweetheart, but after searching all i could come up with was this look in my eyes, your hand in mine and the words "will you be mine" .....best pick up line ever!!!

Posts: 161 | From: Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittied Fool
Neophyte
Member # 758

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittied Fool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
High school sucked. Many, countless nights sucking on a barrel, plotting murders and revenge, cutting myself, crying myself to sleep, drug use, and just good, ole fashioned stupidity. I never thought I'd ever live to see graduation, and now that I have, I don't know what to do with life... it feels like a void of nothingness... waiting for death.

------------------
Mr. T Pitties Me

Posts: 32 | From: Okla Homie | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spiral
Activist
Member # 533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I learned alot in highschool, made mistakes, and such.
It's an expirience, I'll tell you that.
You will make friends and have fun and be bored and be sad and mad. It's highschool.
Just be good and do your homework.

------------------
Jenny kissed me when we met, jumping from the chair she sat in;
Time, you thief, who love to get sweets into your list, put that in:
Say I'm weary, say I'm sad, say that health and wealth have missed me, say I'm growing old, but add,
Jenny kissed me.
-Leigh Hunt
(1838)

Posts: 88 | From: Los angeles,Ca,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
winter
Activist
Member # 991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for winter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I hate high school. Then again, I hated junior high too I hate to be negative, but I'm *not* one of the ones who love high school, and think it's one of the most wonderful things that happened to them. I'm not popular. People think I'm strange, I'm the weird musician-art-theatre geek girl, and I go to a school where people pay attention to the jocks and cheerleaders and whoever else happens to be popular, but not me. Which doesn't bother me at all.

What seems like everything in high school- trust me - will NOT matter when you graduate. I'm going to be a junior this year, and the one major thing that I do regret about my freshman year was that I didn't do much. I was depressed a lot, and really wish I would have taken more time to do the things that I do now (the things that make high school *a bit* worthwhile)- drama club, yearbook committee, newspaper (I'm going to be the editor this year! Oh yeah )...things like that. Sign up for things! Don't do too much, but be involved in clubs and committees and such- it makes things a lot better, and you'll meet people with your similar interests, which is a major major plus.

I still don't really like high school. It all depends on where you go- my boyfriend goes to an alternative high school for the performing arts, and we both have great friends from there, and he loves it. But hey, if sports and being really social are your thing, you might love high school.

My main problem with high school is that people are way too shallow. No one BOTHERS to be intelligent, no one BOTHERS to note anything outside from their media infested MTV world. But I'm not saying all schools are like that. Maybe mine is just really bad

The thing that sets high school over junior high though, is that since your high school will most likely be larger, you're tons more likely to meet people like yourself. My situation is similar to Jenie_Ruben's...I have a great group of friends, and we don't really fit in with anybody...preps/jocks/cheerleaders/goths/whatever. We're just us, and I love that

------------------
i woke up one morning in november and realized i love you - phish

Posts: 53 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d1TzY8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im not going to lie to you, Im telling you how it is. And this can differ since we dont go to the same high school and dont have the same teachers. Im in my junior year. High school for me has been a blast. Yeah...sometimes you can be totally stressed over homework, but then, yeah...you get to meet so many new people! It kinda evens out.

After awhile, it will be just like any other grade, whether 3rd or 8th grade. The only difference is that the courses are a bit harder, or atleast they should be...LoL

It all depends on you. Do you like school now? Im just telling you my side! OH...and DONT be intimidated by upper classmen..geez..LoL

------------------
WoRD!

Posts: 316 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fuzzhead29
Activist
Member # 532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fuzzhead29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Lucky!

I loved my first year of high school. I'm going into my sophomore year, and only in one year I met my best friends, got asked out twice, found a guy I totally loved (and may have found another one tonight, who knows?) and actually started to have a life! Hah, I still pretty much don't, but you sound like I was in middle school, I'm much happier now. Join clubs, you become friends with everyone. And you never sleep- not until second semester senior year. Hope I've helped!

Posts: 50 | From: New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
High school basically sucked for me. I was stuck in a boys school - great academically, but I'm not the playboy-reading perv most of em were.

Then I finished and started university. WAY WAY WAY more work, but I made some awesome friends, and it was fun in a weird sort of way.

Now if only there was some way to mix 18 hour days and a social life... ;p

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley_chick
Neophyte
Member # 578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiley_chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok i live in england in a small county and i go to an all girls private school and have done all my life. I started high school when i was 12 and for the first 2 years it was a blast i was in loads of clubs and teams and had a really good group of mates. then when i went in to my 3rd year everything started to change i was really ill a few weeks after school started with an illness no one could identify which made it even harder. so when i went in to school for a few days no one believed i was ill not even my friends and things started to go down hill. i was bullied by the people i thought were my friends, i thought the whole world was against me and that no one understood how i felt. eventually i left that school and i started at my new school in january. i knew a few people there from junior school but on my first day there i met a brilliant friend who has become one of the people i would trust with my life. i have a really brilliant group of mates and i am on loads of teams. and during all of this boyfriends have come and gone but my current boyfriend is probably my best friend he is going through a hard time at the moment and i am trying to be there for him because i know how it feels to have no one stand by you. but really i think high school is a blast and enjoy it while it lasts because once its gone you can't get it back

------------------
em***

Posts: 26 | From: uk | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StilQuackn
Neophyte
Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StilQuackn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On monday I start school at a brand new school. I like high school alright, I'm going into 10th grade but since they built a new school, all my friends I made in 9th grade are staying at the old high school. That kinda sucks. I don't think I will like the new school, all the kids who live in the school zone are preppy and shallow. No one cares about learning anymore. It's all about your social life. So I guess if all my friends won't be there I can concentrate on my work more. I just hate how stupid teenagers are nowadays.
Posts: 34 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spaceweezil
Neophyte
Member # 1105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spaceweezil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. It doesn't get any better. Get your GED and go to college. Now, before it's too late. 10th grade and on was a total waste.
Posts: 8 | From: Fairbanks, Alaska, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Woodstock
Neophyte
Member # 734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Woodstock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that high school was better than middle school. For one, it was much more interesting, and you didn't know every single person in the whole school. And if you wanted to avoid a certain clique, it could be done. One really good thing is that most high schools have weighted classes (honors, college-prep, standard, etc), so you can hang out with people near your own intelligence level (most of the time). High school is where you begin to have a little choice over your classes. At my school, there were a bunch of pre-requisites for graduation, and more if you wanted to go to college, but that still left at least 1 class per year that you could choose on your own.

I was almost always really burnt out my freshman year. I joined 2 sports, and was in band, and the rehearsals, coupled with the homework was a lot to handle.

Posts: 11 | From: MA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, for me, junior high was the same way, and yes, h.s. DID suck, but it was better.

for one thing, it seems like people do actually mature a bit. they have enough going on that they don't need to rag on you AS MUCH about your personal style (clothing, attitudes, etc). it seems like also there are more groups of people that you can mingle with and figure out what you're like.

sorry this was sort of semi-intelligible but I'm REALLY tired.

~lemming

------------------
"There's only now, there's only this/Forget regret or life is yours to miss/No other road, no other way/No day but today..."~"Mimi" in "Another Day," from RENT, by Jonathan Larson

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I moved from Texas to Missouri right before my sophomore year and went into a major depression, so high school (at least the last 3 years) pretty much stank. However, a great deal of that was my own fault. I'd agree strongly with one of the main pieces of advice others have given: GET INVOLVED. Join clubs that interest you and get to know people. About the middle of my senior year I woke up and realized that there were all these really nice people I never got to know because I was too involved in my own problems.

The awfulness of high school did have one good result though...I vowed I wouldn't let the same thing happen in college. I joined some groups where I had interest and developed a small but faithful group of friends, and it all was MUCH better.

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think (though this was certainly a while ago) that high school is infinately better than junior high school on many levels.

I had mixed experiences in high school, based on two different schools. The one I started out at was a public school, where most times I had to be sent to private lessons and classes because even the honors classes were way below my level. I also had advanced music classes I had to be taken out of other classes for. Combine that with being one of only two kids with pink and red hair, fishnets and combat boots....it wasn't a comfortable fit for me at all. At all. Yucko.

However, in the middle of my sophomore year, I auditioned for and got into a performing arts school which had just opened (in Chicago, which is now doing really well and is far bigger) and had really, some of the best years of my life. I was able to focus completely on what I wanted to, get specialized teachers and classes to meet my level of study, and hang out with a school full (well, it wasn't full, I graduated with only 22 others, but still...) of other kids that were as driven and creative as I was, with teachers who liked that about us instead of resenting it. I have really fond memories of being able to walk down the street to the Lyric Opera for my voice lessons and have them in the huge, gilded auditorium, do ad hoc pieces with any number of students at any time during the day, and I made some great friends, and boyfriends and girlfriends. because all of us were there to study our arts, it was a little less of a social experience than most highschools are, but it was perfect for me. if you're creative and have some training already to get in with, I'd highly reccomend it.

In fact, college was an utter nightmare because it didn't cater even half that well to my needs.

But again, as Lady said, it's about how much you get involved, so long as you have a good fit you can work with at the school you are at. had I stood on the sidelines or simply bided my time in school, I would have been bored and miserable.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink_Lemonade_03
Activist
Member # 277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink_Lemonade_03     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
High school is what you make it to be. It can be boring and full of negativity or it can be exciting and full of fun. Whichever one you choose for it to be is going to be what it is.
Posts: 140 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuu
Activist
Member # 742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryuu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pink_Lemonade_03:
High school is what you make it to be. It can be boring and full of negativity or it can be exciting and full of fun. Whichever one you choose for it to be is going to be what it is.

Precisely.

Posts: 82 | From: Colorado, US | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silver_chick
Neophyte
Member # 890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for silver_chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think that it all depends on your mood. if things are alright but not "great" and your in a happy mood, then everything will seem alot better, than when it does when youre in a bad mood. Its as good as u make it.
Posts: 12 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
playingbyheart
Activist
Member # 41

Icon 1 posted      Profile for playingbyheart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
High school can be a bitch, just like middle school- but let me tell you, it's a very worth-while experience. In high school you go through a lot of **** but you come out with a lot of knoweledge and a few new friends.

My suggestion to have the best high school years is to join clubs (try to get a friend to join w/ you if you're really shy like i was) and just be yourself. really... don't be one of those "fake" people and you'll gain respect from many others. Try to do well in your classes, it will hurt you later if you don't (i know firsthand...)-- and start looking at colleges freshman year cuz you might as well get a head start. Search the web-- www.collegeboard.com etc-- yahoo.com has a good listing if you look up "colleges."

Good luck in high school! For me, I got one year left and I hope to make it a great one.

ps: don't EVER listen to your guidance counselors (unless you get real lucky and get a good one... if there is such a thing.) -- Do all research on what classes you need to take by yourself. Looking up particular colleges you want to go to during freshman year helps a lot. E-mail the schools and ask what courses in high school they require so you don't end up having to take something senior year that you coulda taken before instead of a class your guidance counselor insisted you "needed" when you don't really... ok... good luck Again.

[This message has been edited by playingbyheart (edited August 30, 2000).]

Posts: 91 | From: Chicago, Il | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VeNT
Activist
Member # 852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VeNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok
i am from england so i am guessing that high-school is 16 to 18?
its called college over here <yea i know but thats a university ok?>
and I found that college was BRILL but then it was v diff from my old school
there was a lot more freedom at college than secondary school <under 16> and the lectures are different
but then i am just some dum brit
~VeNT

Posts: 101 | From: truro cornwall england | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As my mother, who teaches 8th grade, always says: "Anyone who thinks high school was the best time of their life really peaked too early -- there's so much more to look forward to."

I hated high school with a passion. Things got dramatically better when I left. The important thing, no matter where you are in your schooling, is that if you aren't enjoying yourself, it's not your last chance. Time goes on, you will be done with it eventually, and in the meantime, there's plenty to learn that will be useful to you when you're finished and enjoying how much better things are getting for you.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Associate Editor, Scarleteen

"Be Excellent To Each Other" -- Bill and Ted

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So far, I have enjoyed High School. So what if my best friend of 7 years dumped me for her boyfriend and his (and now her) drug habit...and death threats...All of that is over. My freshman year I was put in Algebra 3-4, or third year math. I did well, and I got into drama. I had my crushes (6 months) and made friends. Your freshman year is incredibly important. If you mess up then, you are completely screwed. The upperclassemn will typically leave ya alone. And try to get to know a few. It helps a lot.

------------------
Draw closer if you dare, feel the wind of the massive wings, the heat of flaming breath, the steel stare of fiery eyes... and let your dreams take flight...

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nat
Neophyte
Member # 1213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think high school is really sound. But where i'm from you have to watch your back most of the time! But thats only cos i'm in a ruff part of England.
Posts: 4 | From: preston lancashire england | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jupiter
Activist
Member # 994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jupiter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmmm.... high school's been the best school I've ever been in so far. however, that isn't saying too much when you consider that I was the kid that everyone always tortured from kindergarten up through 8th grade - they would beat me up and throw things at me and call me "mental freak" because I was smarter than they were. (Not smart enough to dodge a punch, you'll say. And you will be correct.)

So, anyway, apart from the odd rock here and there, no projectiles have come my way in high school. I've met some pretty cool friends, who have (with only two exceptions) been completely supportive of me when I came out to them. I've had some really great teachers and courses (tenth grade english and AP US History come to mind) and some really crappy ones (precalculus and eleventh grade english come to mind). It's a cliché of this thread by now, but it's true: h.s. is what you make of it. Join the clubs, find some decent friends, and don't get sucked in by the vacuum heads of the cheerleader set. They're like a puddle of pretty poison on the ground - dangerous, shallow, yet ultimately below everyone else.

Posts: 55 | From: West Sand Lake (aka Cow Pasture), NY | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuu
Activist
Member # 742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryuu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jupiter:
and don't get sucked in by the vacuum heads of the cheerleader set. They're like a puddle of pretty poison on the ground - dangerous, shallow, yet ultimately below everyone else.

Laf! You must have had a great teacher for Creative Writing too.

Posts: 82 | From: Colorado, US | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nemovirginympho
Neophyte
Member # 1208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nemovirginympho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm going into grade ten, my freshman year was ab fab! my life has gotten a lot better over this summer too. but i think you really just need to take personal initative, and gain confidence, and a few really good friends.. thats most important. Things change eventually. I was really unpopula rin grade school, and in JH i had a look of gal pals and no guy attention in a sexual way, and i just realized this summe that it's really all up to me. and things have been going realy well
Posts: 16 | From: NYC. NY. USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver
Neophyte
Member # 564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, socially or academically? For me, I was similar to you- junior high I was a complete outcast, and so used to it that it ALMOST didn't bother me anymore. Frosh year was the same- then I got involved. Drama and so on... and things have been great. Socially, I've never had as much fun, and from what I've seen with other people the way to have that fun is get into activities. You get out what you put in, mostly. Now, academically you may not learn a ton (I can't say it was too terribly productive for me) but, if you find some things to get into, it's all good. A big part is attitude- our school is all about jocks and cheerleaders, but we drama geeks are secure in ourselves and quite happy (even if we think it's irritating that we can't charge more for our shows than the football team does for their games. )

Good luck.

Silver
8)

Posts: 39 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psychotic_Angel
Neophyte
Member # 1263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Psychotic_Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG! Im 14 and in grade 9 right now and...omg...high school is SO fun! But..thats just my opinion.

------------------
Love ya lotz,
Psychotic

Posts: 3 | From: My dads sperm.... | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Circ'd
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
In the UK its a bit different. Fist we can go to a nursery school (kindergarten) between 2 and 4 years old, then at 4 we go to primary school, then at 11 we go to secondary school, then at 16-17 we go into sixth form (which can be at a new school or the same school as the secondary school) for 2 years, then its university.
Anyway, for me secondary school was great, and I've just joined a new sixth form, and i find that great too - meeting new people can really broaden your perspectives!

------------------
Hung like... something that is hung!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bitch Goddess
Neophyte
Member # 1459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bitch Goddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!Don't even worry bout it!Highschool is what you make of it(and it depends on the highschool you attend),but in general high school was a blast!You get a lot more freedome in the classes you choose,and bieng a senior is the best!All I can say is get involved in extra ciricular activites(Volleyball,basketball,softball),it's a great way to meet people and get aquianted with your school,if that's not your style then try other school activities(chior,drama,
colorgaurd,cheerleading)the idea is to stay busy!Take it from me that helps school to go by quicker and you can take out a bad day at practice,or forget about a bad day at pract
ice well good luck...
With Love,
Sandra

Posts: 12 | From: Seattle,W.A.,U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i guess im different than most. i loved junior high, and had a lot of friends. but i went to high school and hated it so much that i dropped out! but dont do what i did. just stick with it. i wouldve graduated in the year 2000 if i wouldve stayed in, but i thought that was too far away, and now i see that time went by so fast. i dont really regret my decision but most people do. so try your best to have fun. good luck!
Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.