Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Ethnic backgrounds?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ethnic backgrounds?
Femalepleaser
Activist
Member # 637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Femalepleaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not racised nor do i choose which race is right for me...i'm for any race just as long as the person is right for me..i just like to know what race or ethnic background you people have?.....Curiosity thing for me.....thanx.....this applies to any that read this.

------------------
If you love what you do you'll never work a day in your life!

[This message has been edited by Femalepleaser (edited August 22, 2000).]

Posts: 86 | From: CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spiral
Activist
Member # 533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean you have a problem with a person's ethnicity or their background?

------------------
Jenny kissed me when we met, jumping from the chair she sat in;
Time, you thief, who love to get sweets into your list, put that in:
Say I'm weary, say I'm sad, say that health and wealth have missed me, say I'm growing old, but add,
Jenny kissed me.
-Leigh Hunt
(1838)

Posts: 88 | From: Los angeles,Ca,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femalepleaser
Activist
Member # 637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Femalepleaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
O.K. spiral i edited my question maybe it will help you understand what im trying to say a little better.
Posts: 86 | From: CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spiral
Activist
Member # 533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok.
I was born in Los Angeles, my mom is from El Salvador and my dad is from Mexico. I say I'm chicana.

------------------
Jenny kissed me when we met, jumping from the chair she sat in;
Time, you thief, who love to get sweets into your list, put that in:
Say I'm weary, say I'm sad, say that health and wealth have missed me, say I'm growing old, but add,
Jenny kissed me.
-Leigh Hunt
(1838)

Posts: 88 | From: Los angeles,Ca,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Dust-
Activist
Member # 1021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Dust-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
spanish, irish, british, norweigan, mexican, native american, and african.
Posts: 63 | From: Virginia, U.S.A | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My dad's side is almost 100% mexican, my mom's side is a mix. For a few generations they've just been american, but if you trace back a little bit I'm irish, french, german, and other european countries.
Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fun post.

I'm third-generation Irish and Italian with old smidgens of Portuguese and Scots.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i come from a long line of immigrants.

------------------
i think you're special ... and i don't mean that in a short bus kind of way

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
part polish, part czech, part estonian... all canadian.

------------------
where is fancy bred? In the heart, or in the head?

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
winter
Activist
Member # 991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for winter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe, I'm 100% Israeli...I think. But then again, it's probably not possible to be 100% anything, right?

------------------
"Can't this wait til I'm old?"-Phish
hannah@atarikid.com

Posts: 53 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femalepleaser
Activist
Member # 637

I should have added what i am in the question:
My dad's italian and mom's filipino which makes what i am.

[This message has been edited by Femalepleaser (edited August 23, 2000).]

Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 50% Dutch, with a bit of English and a bit of Irish.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a French Canadian, Quebecoise who was educated in English so it is my stronger language. In Quebec race is less important than language when identifying yourself.
Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aja Valderamma
Activist
Member # 519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aja Valderamma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the worlds ugliest name. 'Aja' when fully written it's:

Aja Fatima Dulcida Merida Valderamma-Stepien.

Isn't that a curse?

My mom & Her mother & Father come from
Brasilia. My late father and his parents {which I never met} are polish & swede.

My Parents lived in Brazil. My oldest sister Kaitlyn was born there

I look more european than So.American....but my sisters look So.American. I dunno how something like that can happen....Figures that I'm the runt of the litter.

I'm signing this just
Aja

Posts: 204 | From: Capr Coral, Florida. USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I worked with a very gorgeous and kind gal named Fatima. It is great name. So, is the Aja part.
Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lintu
Neophyte
Member # 238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lintu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a British Scandinavian, meaning that I come from the part of England that used to be called "Jorvik" instead of York (thanks to Viking invasion) and so on...so I'm a Celtic Viking =) My username is Scandinavian though I have more cultural ties to England for many reasons.

-Laurie-

Posts: 33 | From: Dallas, TX, USA (sometimes) | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunflower
Activist
Member # 117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 1/4 Mexican, 1/2 Irish, and 1/2 Oakie( I don't think that counts, but it is American Indian and other stuff!!!!)

------------------
Make each day a day of beauty, a day of joy, and a day of wonder. Celebrate your life and the lives of those around, and realize the precious beauty of the world.

Posts: 130 | From: Berkeley, CA, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mean street princess
Neophyte
Member # 1108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mean street princess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm italian, polish, and irish. my dad is polish and irish, and my mom is italian

------------------
everyday somebody's gotta pay...

Posts: 2 | From: somewhere in connecticut. where exactly, i'm not telling!! | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deegurl143
Activist
Member # 353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deegurl143     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok my dad is polish and my mother is taiwanese. so that makes me polish and taiwanese. it's a weird mix if you ask me

------------------
~*GoDdEsS oF lOvE aNd BeAuTy*~

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
JaMeS & DoReEn 4eVeR
^*^*^*^^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Posts: 269 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mcb3
Activist
Member # 528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mcb3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow..there's a lot of different people with different mixes and all these posts are interesting

Well, from what I've been told by family, I'm at least 75% Irish, and Italian makes up the other 25%. So, yeah...that's me

------------------
~Breanna
mick3yschick@aol.com

Posts: 53 | From: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
British, and I have the colouring to prove it.
Though there are bits of Irish, maybe French, and definitely Torontonian!

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 50% Norwegian, 25% Scottish, and 25% French-Canadian. Uff Da.
Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
libra_beatle
Neophyte
Member # 1156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for libra_beatle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm black.Gee,I feel like I should put something more complicated like everyone
else's! They have traced our family back to the Native Americans tho.That's somethin'.

Posts: 13 | From: San Jose California USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GuYaNeSeCHiCa
Neophyte
Member # 1245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GuYaNeSeCHiCa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'M 100% GuYaNeSe!! (a little country in south america!) Thats considered WeSt InDiAn
Posts: 19 | From: Queens, New York, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver
Neophyte
Member # 564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. Something weirdly fun about origins. My mum was a full blooded Irish (though not native born) so I got that, along with red hair (YES! Though she was a brunette, as was my da- go fig) Paternally I'm a total mix of various stuff. When asking about actual groups in there, I've received vague answers such as 'American'. So. Probably a little of everything, and the Irish stubborness, pride, and taste in music. (also the Irish sunburning tendencies. which I could have lived without.)

8)

Posts: 39 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh. This will be interesting. I'm third generation norwiegan, with farms in Norway that have been in my family since befor the fall of Rome (400ad), German, British, Finnish, and Native American. Shoshoni, to be exact. Sacagewa is my relative, which I guess would make me a little bit french, too. But hey. The most important one is that I'm all me

------------------
Draw closer if you dare, feel the wind of the massive wings, the heat of flaming breath, the steel stare of fiery eyes... and let your dreams take flight...

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittied Fool
Neophyte
Member # 758

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittied Fool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I'm sorry I am just now getting around to this. Let's see. I'm not too sure. My father is... I don't know. But he has red hair, so I figure him to be Irish or Scottish or something. His mother's maiden name is Gebow, which was "americanized" But originally, it's French... I'm not sure of the spelling, but I think it's something along the line of the clothes "Girbaud".

Then onward to mommy. My mother is Thai. But... I don't remember all of it, but I think her grandparents were like indian (asian-indian, as opposed to american-indian).

Plus, the beyond heritage, which I guess is somewhere along the male side of my family, but my last name originates from Vikings... I'm neat.

------------------
Mr. T Pitties Me

Posts: 32 | From: Okla Homie | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brittany, I'm in the same shoes as you. I wonder if you look like me?

My father's Mexican, my mother is German-Texan (if you're from TX you'll know what I mean).

It's funny, girls who are half Hispanic sometimes turn out short and olive-skinned with dark dark hair - and some turn out tall and blonde and peaches-and-cream. Weird.

~lemming

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead Dog
Activist
Member # 1672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dead Dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Half Irish, quarter German, and quarter English here. I got the English last name, the Irish green eyes, and every other German facial feature - especially the nose. I wonder which one of 'em made me short... *giggle*

------------------
Ignore the Gable candle!
http//www.geocities.com/musingkitten23

Posts: 61 | From: texas - yeehaw, or something | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheneB
Activist
Member # 1643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheneB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm on TOO sure what exactly i am. I have maybe a 1/4, or 1/8 german in me. Pretty much your classic WASP tho. Even tho im not religious.
Posts: 69 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[This message has been edited by entropie (edited 09-25-2002).]

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1/2 polish 1/4 russian 1/4 italian.....btw, ya know what's sumthin that drives me NUTS? When people ask "but aren't you jewish??" and i say "yes, but that's my religion" and they don't get it. haha!
Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CharmeD
Neophyte
Member # 1625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CharmeD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well...hm....this will probably sound really weird to you since you may not even know where the place is ...but...
I'm 50% croatian (Croatia: country bordering italy((by sea)), slovenia, hungary, bosnia...) alos has the most beautiful sea in the world. Anyway 50% croatian, 25% slovene and 25% italian. and i'm sure i have some greek roots although i don't look like it (blond hair/blue eyes)

Posts: 31 | From: Far away | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GigGles
Neophyte
Member # 1760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GigGles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what am i?
who am i?
it's just so weird, both my parents are taiwanese ppl. so you would say that makes me a taiwanese gal, but hey, i was born in europe, and raised between 2 cultures.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.