Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » I need your opinions...plz read on....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need your opinions...plz read on....
PinkY
Neophyte
Member # 1444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinkY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is about my teacher, he is about 50 years old (not sure) and he's a football coach . He teaches english for me. Every time he asks a question and someone doesn't answer he swears (very badly he even uses the f word in class against students who doesn't do their homework and all) .

Anyways now we are doing "lord of the flies " (probably some of you will remember it)the novel is about a bunch of school boys getting struck in an island ( for those who don't know). He uses our class to explain the situation in the island and one day during a class discussion , I din't answer a question ( I wasn't sure about the answer ). And he used very harsh words and said something like if our class was struck in that island and he wants to have me ("like he always had" he said this exact words) he would just rape me and I cant do any thing about it cauze is the strongest among us. I felt so bad that day and he still keeps on telling stuff like this to me and others.

It's so embarrasing to even go to that class anymore and it's hard for me to concentrate in my studies. What should I do? Btw I have a very bad counselor-to change my class.
Or am I being over sensitive?
Pleaze reply...I am feeling awful now...

Posts: 33 | From: canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, you are not being overly sensitive, what your teacher said was way beyond the line. I would report him to your Dean or your Principal- get a few witnesses from your class to go with you. This cannot keep happening.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Michelle_Flutterfly*
Neophyte
Member # 1587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Michelle_Flutterfly*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, that is NOT right.
Posts: 19 | From: Ontario Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turn him in.

A teacher swearing at students is bad. A teacher openly discussing the rape of a student is infinitely worse. Especially if he stated it as you say.

You should not have to deal with that from a teacher.

If the principal does nothing, talk to your parents. Keep going up til you find someone who will listen.

------------------
The Lone Gunman of Lunacy

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just switched languages because of my teacher. My reason was he was an arrogant, destructive, deranged man. But your case is MUCH worse.

Noone deserves that kind of treatment, especially from someone who ought to be setting an example.

You need to go to your guidance counselour (actually very nice people), and tell them EXACTLY what you said here.

I hope that ******* gets kicked out. More power to you.

------------------
u arent worthless if you can make someone laugh
there is a difference between being stupid and being ditzy. i ought to know

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been a teacher (am now a school librarian) and the behavior you describe is WAY out of line. Maybe he's just trying to get a rise out of his students, but this is not the way to go about it. Beppie and the others are right, he should be reported.

If you think your school administration will be sympathetic, go to them. Having other witnesses from your class is good. Telling your parents (better yet, several sets of parents) and having them back you up in the meeting with the administration is even better. Believe me, even those principals who ignore students do not usually ignore parents who complain, because they know that angry parents can bring down a lot of nasty publicity if they want to.

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
U2girl
Activist
Member # 1524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for U2girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No no dont feel bad.. if anything feel angry because that guy has no right to speak like that!! that is honestly totally out of context and i really think u need to report something like that! if u just let something slide like that u will just be putting yourself in even more serious danger. this guy doesnt seem too safe to be around and he needs to be reported to a counsellor or u parents.

------------------
PEACE

Posts: 111 | From: Toronto, ont,canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with what everone has said here. There are plenty of ways to teach about a volatile piece like Lord of the Flies without personalizing it, or (which is what it seems like here) using it as an excuse to be passive-agressive with your students.

This teacher's conduct is completely out of line. I'd tell your parents, then make an appointment for you and them to meet with your principal and discuss this.

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think anytime a teacher makes you so uncomfortable that you don't even want to go to class, that it's not a good situation. I also agree with everyone else that he is WAY out of line! I'm sorry you are having to go through this. I'd definitely tell someone in your school about this (another teacher or the principal) because I'm sure you're not the only one he makes feel this way.

Hope things work out!

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{

"It's a narrow margin, just room enough for regret, in the inch and a half between, "Hey, how ya been?" and "Can I kiss you yet?"

~Alisons Life~

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet chick
Neophyte
Member # 1440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This comes from a Edu kid. (a kid whoes both parents are in the educatiopn busness) That was Totally and completly out of line.
Swearing is one thing, a teachers getts writting up for that. (yep, teachers get written up too.) But saying that he would rape you is harrasment. He van get arrested for that.
Report him ASAP. The longer you wait, the less likely people will remember it. Rally, ( well don't fomr a mob, just gather) people in that class who remeber that. Go to admen.

------------------
There are three kinds of people in the world;
Those who make things happen,
Those who watch things happen,
And those who wonder what happened.
Which one are you??

Sweet Chick

Posts: 39 | From: the nose ring of iowa. ( get out a map of the USA and look it up peeps) | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aja Valderamma
Activist
Member # 519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aja Valderamma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am shocked, that a teacher/coach would use such poor judgement as to affront a female student that way.

As far as I see it, that is professional genocide. Our school has a "zero tolerance" for that type of behavoir by a teech. It means certain dismissal, and the revocation of their teaching lincese.

It boggles my mind why an educator would jepordize his/her career by making silly statements or inappropriate physical contact.

If your sure this teacher is doing this sort of thing. {Sure, because this is a serious accusation with far reaching implications} then yes you should report him.

The principals office may not be the best place to go, they may try to downplay it. you may have to go to the board of Ed, or the Sheriffs office and place a complaint and let them handle it.

Trust me. My Mom is very active city politics and knows things about stuff like this

Aja

Posts: 204 | From: Capr Coral, Florida. USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.