Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's SNOWING!!!!!!!!!

gee golly gosh darn it all, I can't just hardly believe it!!!!!!

<bear with me, folks, I've never seen real snow before...>

HAD to let everyone know! oh, the joy, the wonderment, the unbearable whiteness of seeing!!

~lem

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinkY
Neophyte
Member # 1444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinkY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know what it's like , but anyways don't you think it's off topic.
I can't belive it's snowing in chicago in yearly october.(((Sigh)))

Posts: 33 | From: canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The board: It's All About You!
The topic: ...and the world that revolves around you. All the things that make up the whole of your life.

I'm teasing. But, no, honestly, I didn't think it was off-topic - just wanted everyone to know how happy I was. ;]

I had never seen snow before last night, and I had been writing for about 24 hours straight, and was kinda depressed and really lonely and all my friends were together in one place this weekend and I couldn't be there. So I was pretty ecstatic when I looked out my window and saw that, and had to tell you guys (my *other* community of friends) how I felt!

Anyone got any similar stories? or do you all just think I'm a silly transplanted Southerner? ;]

~lem

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can have allllll the snow... where i live in the winter it snows wayyyy to much... but it is fun to play in hehehe

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've only ever seen snow two or three times in my life.

Curse you!

------------------
The Lone Gunman of Lunacy

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish it would snow all year round!!!! Skiing everyday would be WONDERFUL!! hehe.

Glad you had a great first snow experience. I feel your excitment. I love the winter.

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{

"It's a narrow margin, just room enough for regret, in the inch and a half between, "Hey, how ya been?" and "Can I kiss you yet?"

~Alisons Life~

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyAngel84
Activist
Member # 233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BabyAngel84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow...it's snowing in chicago...i never checked but i wonder if it's snowing here in WI?

------------------
SUCKS TO BE A CHEESEHEAD!!!!

Posts: 161 | From: Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In snowed here in Southern Ontario last night, but just a little bit.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lemming, like once every five years we get about a half inch of snow in Vegas and let me say we act like it's a snowstorm (well compared to summer it IS!) so congrats. I wish it would snow here I swear no matter where I live I'm going to take my kids someplace nice to have a white christmas. Oh well, I have another 15 years to plan for that.

Brittany

------------------
I'm the good girl that everyone thinks is a bad girl pretending to be a good girl :D

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fuzzhead29
Activist
Member # 532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fuzzhead29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get the real deal every winter, and I've always, always loved it, ever since I was a little kid....there's something about waking up to a world of white that's completely exhilirating. Make sure to play in it. I always ALWAYS makes sure to throw at least one snowball at someone per snowfall, and one of my favorite memories of when I was small is my mother coming out to play with me in the snow, I couldn't have been more than four. *Cute Story (at least in my opinion)* Last year, when it snowed for the first time that winter, everyone in my first period class rushed to the window (as we always do .) My exasperated teacher scolded us, "Oh come on, it's not like you've never seen snow before!" She was rather surprised when the girl who had recently moved from South Africa raised her hand! We all pounced on her with exclamations and advice, so don't feel like a silly southern transport. Man, with all the memories from my "childhood" and the snow talk, I must sound a billion years old and from the arctic. (I'm actually 15 and from Long Island .) Happy snow!!!

------------------
"If you obey all the
rules you miss all the fun."
-Katherine Hepburn

"What if you slept, and
what if in your sleep you dreamed
and what if in your dreams you went
to heaven and there you plucked a
strange and beautiful flower, and
what if when you awoke you had the
flower in your hand? Ah, what then?"
-Samuel T. Coleridge

Posts: 50 | From: New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot phathom not seeing snow. I live in Michagan, we have snow anywhere from October-March. I've seen it all my life.

------------------
~dont underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers~

~Duck tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and binds the world togther~

I'm ~You*Know*Who~ and I am a redneck. Anyone for mud?

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martin
Neophyte
Member # 1495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for martin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glasgow snow isn't nice. It only seems to happen when we get random weather systems from Russia or the Arctic, and that damned Gulf Stream (warm water all the way from the Gulf of Mexico going round the West of the UK) keeps things mild enough to make rain soon after any snowfall. The most we seem to get at once is an inch.

Chicago snow (from what I've seen on ER) must be cool, though. Real snow. So much snow you can't frickin' get to work. I'd love that.. Glad to hear you're enjoying it..

Posts: 7 | From: scotland | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Lemming, I want you to talk in February about whether or not you're happy to see snow.
My mom just returned to Canada after living for three years in Brazil, and she complains to no end about the weather here. It isn't even, like, below freezing yet, and she's still all bundled up in her big coats and such.
Goodness!

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's raining it's pouring,
physics class is boring.
ditched the class
prof can kiss my a**
i'll finish my philosophy paper in the morning.

------------------
if you get the molasses, i'll set up the trampoline.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Michelle_Flutterfly*
Neophyte
Member # 1587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Michelle_Flutterfly*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Argh, snow, I personally can't stand it. Maybe that is because I am in Ontario, Kinda up north and we get LOTS of snow!! Snow is alright when it is the first snowfall of the year or when it causes our school to close for the day. He he he...
Posts: 19 | From: Ontario Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daisyluv
Activist
Member # 446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daisyluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Milke:
In snowed here in Southern Ontario last night, but just a little bit.

OMG? did it? I didn't see any at all this weekend that is so not fair that i didn't see it.

Yes I am a big little kid I love to play in the snow. hehe its fun

------------------
*~ Daisy ~*

"Cute is for puppies, Adorable is for me."

Posts: 123 | From: My House, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Montreal did not have a proper summer. Usually we are baking in heat and dripping in humidity. Not this year. it rained and was rather cold. So, now that it is October and it has snowed, but not accumulated, I am in the dire depths of despair. I defintiely will have to go south sometime in the winter. I love the snow and I love winter, but I like summer too. Oh, I am wallowing right now....

Seriously, I wonder if there will be significant affects to the Montreal people's well being due to the lack of summer. Will we all go nutty come mid January?

Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandy
Activist
Member # 250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lemming,
I think you should come up here to Canada around January-Febuary. Promise you won't like the snow (and the cold) as much then

Posts: 46 | From: Winnepeg, MB, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was down by the west-end beaches on sunday, and it snowed for what seemed like 5 minutes.

That was the extent to which i saw snow... and now it's a balmy 17°C

hooray!

Oh... and bettie... it's sure to happen that everyone will go stir-crazy by atleast January... i promise

------------------
where is fancy bred? In the heart, or in the head?

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinkY
Neophyte
Member # 1444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinkY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lemming , I am sorry for saying this is out of topic , cauze I am kidda new here and also I thought it was outta topic and I meant no offense.
Posts: 33 | From: canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
::Sniff::
You mentioned snow.
This thread has made tears come to my eyes. How pathetic is that?
My legs ache to go down the run just one more time...
Snow? All I see where I live is rain. But only one hour and 20 minutes away is my beautiful home mountain.
Obsessed? Nah. Just in withdrawls
I have NEVER seen a white Christmas. Day before then rain, and day after, but I have never seen it snow on December 25.
It saddens me.
The burdens of a snowboarder.
As in the commercail:Pay homage to the SnowGod!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
After seven months without snow, desperation overrides common sense.

Bliss=Me+Ryan+secluded backside at Steven's Pass

Snow is the worlds security blanket. It makes it serene, quiet and beautiful.

"Close your eyes for they see only the truth and the truth is not what you want to see."

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Daisyluv, it was just a teensy tiny bit, and now it's relatively warm out.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm in the minority here.

Snow is pretty, sure. Give me a warm fire, my fuzzy slippers, and a mug of cocoa, and I'll watch the snow come down all day outside my window. But actually going out in it? Bleah...that stuff is COLD! And if there's one thing I hate, it's being cold, which is why I am the proud owner of an absolutely huge sweater collection.

(And the first time I tried skiing was my last. I never got off the bunny slope, and even my bruises had bruises I fell down so much.)

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheneB
Activist
Member # 1643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheneB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im with mishelle. I hate snow. Well actually i dont mind snow, i hate cold. Being in canada doesn't help that. NC is just FINE for me. Snow is only good in 4 situations.
First snowfall of year.

Snowing outside, but your INSIDE in a bed with lotsa conforters, candles, nice dave matthews playing, and your significant other,

Snowboarding.

Cancelling school. If none of these are achievable through snow, then id prefer it to be a nice 80( or 20ish in C )

Posts: 69 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camryn
Activist
Member # 1242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for camryn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lemming,

it doesn't seem silly at all. I was living in Ireland for awhile (away from almost everybody I knew back home in Canada). Now it doesn't snow that often in Ireland but I was working on the computer and when I looked outside there were big fluffy flakes falling. I had to take the elevator downstairs and run outside to stand in it. I was so happy! It made me feel at home.

Posts: 42 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead Dog
Activist
Member # 1672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dead Dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Living in Houston, we don't see snow much (we get about five meager flakes on one day every three years). I kinda like that. Being a native Texan, I guess I'm just warm-blooded, and I hate being cold!

But snow is awfully pretty sometimes. I was in Switzerland this past March, and we stopped outside a train station up in the mountains to have a snowball fight. We were wet and cold and couldn't stop laughing - and I soaked the lemming's nice leather gloves with snow!

Anyway, I wouldn't want to live like that, but it sure is fun every now and then!

------------------
Ignore the Gable candle!
http//www.geocities.com/musingkitten23

Posts: 61 | From: texas - yeehaw, or something | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.