Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » what do you think? (new ear piercing pic)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what do you think? (new ear piercing pic)
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eeeeee!

(Sorry, everyone, I'm just so excited.)

I had this done yesterday evening, and I LOVE IT! It's called an industrial, and as you may or may not be able to see from this picture, it is a 14 gauge barbell passing through two sides of my pinna, or upper ear cartilage. It's my first real body piercing.

I did this for ME, and for no one else, and even the pain was empowering (even if I did almost pass out, twice).

tell me what you think!!! and by the way, yes, of course it hurt. ;]

~lemming

------------------
~lemming

"There's only now, there's only this/Forget regret or life is yours to miss/No other road, no other way/No day but today..."~"Mimi" in "Another Day," from RENT, by Jonathan Larson

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ese molto bella, miz lemming. I like.

I'm a fan of a few (not too many, or to my own aesthetics, you lose the striking beauty of it all) well-placed piercings and tattoos. That looks lovely. Nice choice on the jewelry, too.

By the way, now that you're in Chicago, I highly reccomend Ben Waaah's new studio on Ashland for anything like that. Ben did most of my work, and he's great.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and by the way for anyone else, since that link didn't show up highlighted, it's
www.geocities.com/missdaphneq/lemindst.jpg

sorry about that.

~lemming

------------------
~lemming

"There's only now, there's only this/Forget regret or life is yours to miss/No other road, no other way/No day but today..."~"Mimi" in "Another Day," from RENT, by Jonathan Larson

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey lemming, i love it!

------------------
u arent worthless if you can make someone laugh
there is a difference between being stupid and being ditzy. i ought to know

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d1TzY8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet!!!!

------------------
WoRD!

Posts: 316 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
cool cool cooL! I've wanted an industrial soooo bad for forever!!! But, my parents think I'm too young. bleh. Happy peircing
Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KimmyP
Activist
Member # 613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KimmyP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That looks soooo awesome. Wish I was brave enough

------------------
Its ALL good :)

Posts: 54 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jupiter
Activist
Member # 994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jupiter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That looks sweet.... wish I had the balls (or whatever corresponding female area is said to give one courage and a **** -you attitude). Hey - your hair looks like my hair sort of. Cool. That really does look like it hurt like a bitch. wow..... just be careful not to get anything caught up in it or severe mutilation could result. Love the look!

nighty-night everyone, it's half-past yesterday in my neck of the woods.

------------------
'maybe you'll keep me from ever being happy but you're not gonna stop me from having fun...'-ani di franco

'i weave for you the luminous web glowinthedark threads all neon like'-bjork

'you only exist in what you do'-federico fellini

Posts: 55 | From: West Sand Lake (aka Cow Pasture), NY | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*evil*vampiress*
Neophyte
Member # 696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *evil*vampiress*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wicked!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
kiss and kill me sweetly...

Posts: 36 | From: ontario, canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow, that's kinda nifty... but all I can think of is "ouch" and suck in a few breaths. i wish i had the guts to do something like that... i think i'll stick to my traditional ear piercings... i keep thinking ouch, ouch, ouch, breathe, ouch.
Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Thanks so much, guys! I don't regret things very often, and this is not going to be one of those rare cases - I haven't had so much as a doubt about it since I decided to do it (about 3 months ago).

And Pixie, I meant to reply to your post on this topic sooner...my parents would/will never approve. I moved about 3 weeks ago - but I have been thinking about this long and hard enough that I decided it was worth doing for me. They will understand, in time, but they won't approve. I waited till I was 18, so there is no one they can blame. And I'm very happy that I decided to do something to my body, and went about it responsibly. ;]

I love you guys!

------------------
~lemming

Oo_Lisa_oO
Neophyte
Member # 780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oo_Lisa_oO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that it looks really super cool and really super painful!
Posts: 15 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, lemming, it looks great! I'm going to have my seven rings in my left ear reinstalled in a few weeks -- I had to lose them after getting a weird skin infection in southeast Asia about 10 years ago, and I've been wanting them back and finally decided to go through with it. My life partner bought the seven gold rings, with small Biwa pearls, for me for our anniversary, so soon I'll go visit my pal Aimee the piercer and have her make new holes. I'll have to put a pic up when I do.

Enjoy your new look!

------------------
Hanne Blank
Associate Editor, Scarleteen

"Be Excellent To Each Other" -- Bill and Ted

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aja Valderamma
Activist
Member # 519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aja Valderamma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rad
Posts: 204 | From: Capr Coral, Florida. USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big*Bird*
Neophyte
Member # 1247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big*Bird*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That earring is so cool! You are one brave chick to get the industrial. I showed the picture to one of my friend and she was siked! Now she thinking about getting one.Those two times you thought you would faint I would have. Keep showing off that tight earring.

Peace Big*Bird*

------------------
don't do me greasy!!

Posts: 5 | From: Chicago Illinois USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Thanks, again, all you guys.

And Big*Bird, since I see you're in Chicago, I had it done by Hank Bangcock at Swank Body Modifications up in Belmont. Look 'em up - he was fantastic and took his time with me while I almost passed out. ;]

------------------
~lemming

lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

And, if anyone reads this far down on the page about this -

An update:

I will probably never get anything else pierced by anyone, anywhere. Once this heals *I do still LOVE it, and I don't regret it* - I will be happy. Why? because apparently my keeping it too clean just pissed my body off more. My piercer says that I should be happy, I have a great immune system, but right now, I hurt. And no, it's not infected, just needs some down time. ;]

------------------
~lemming

entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love your piercing! I've dulled myself down a bit since I got my office job, took most of mine out

I had at one stage labret , nose , conch , both eyebrows - one barbell, one ring, and of course, my tongue pierced.. I guess that's the price you gotta pay sometimes though..
And I just found out a few weeks ago that I am free to get myself repierced since I proved myself in my job.. so I'm off to Fleshwound next week to get them redone..
whoopeee!

Good luck with yours, enjoy your piercing!

entropie.honeylaser

------------------
honeylaser's site

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Michelle_Flutterfly*
Neophyte
Member # 1587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Michelle_Flutterfly*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is cool... at the camp I was a Co-counsellor at, the assistant director had one exactly like that. I think it looks neato!!
Posts: 19 | From: Ontario Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
U2girl
Activist
Member # 1524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for U2girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey i love that did that hurt much?? i wanted to get a peircing in my cartlidge but im pretty freaked that its gunna hurt like hell!

------------------
PEACE

Posts: 111 | From: Toronto, ont,canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

yes, it hurt. it hurt like bleeping hell. and it hurts while it's healing, too - this seems to be a pretty common experience with the industrial.

but if you want it, do it.

~lem

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.