Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Anyone interested in some original poetry?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone interested in some original poetry?
Outpatient #529
Neophyte
Member # 1607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outpatient #529     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, just wanted to make my message board debeut(I doubt I spelled that right) by offering my latest to the Scarleteen masses. So here goes:

When Near You 10-10-00
by Outpatient #529

Body and mind on fire.
An ache, a longing
For the slightest
Physical touch.
(Blazing desire: a burning for a mere simplicity.)

Soul's rest.
An excruciating contentment,
An overwhelming stillness
Just because you are near.
(Beautiful countenance: like a balm to my fevered conciousness.)

This paradox you create.
My eternal devotion.

One must show love in the
Only way one knows how.

~*~

Y'all just tell me what you think of it. And remember not to be too gentle.

Posts: 5 | From: Texas...maybe | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe. Great poem. A fellow writer! go here- www.geocities.com/area51/quasar/9501/caylinspoems.html

Tell me what you think!

I'd love to read more of your stuff.
Drop me a line!

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dark Child, I loved your poem pain. It totally describes the way I feel all the time.. *sigh* Outpatient, I liked yours too. It's weird because that's not really my style but I could totally...I don't know. It was just like a window you know? It totally lets us see through... I don't know. I think poetry should be like that anyway.

I have tons of poems, most of them are sad and depressing and it's me in my teenage angst stage, but once I find my book (I lost it yet again!) I'll post a few...

Brittany

------------------
I'm the good girl that everyone thinks is a bad girl pretending to be a good girl :D

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outpatient #529
Neophyte
Member # 1607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outpatient #529     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, thanks y'all. I really like yours too, DarkChild. I'd love to post some more; it's so nice to have people who are interested in one's work. I did think, however, that a pod person must have written that one, because most of my poems are kinda sad and depressing like you said yours are, Brittany. This was just in celebration of my first infatuation, really. (Love kinda sucks. :P)
Posts: 5 | From: Texas...maybe | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I wrote pain, I was in a major depression bout. Got out of it with one scar. I ended up with "pain" written on my wrist. I know. It's bad to cut yourself. But my bestfriend made me stop. Confusion I wrote friday the thirteenth. Bad day for me...I still love him, darnit! Why must love be so cruel?

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetlips
Neophyte
Member # 1480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetlips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi this was one i wrote on meeting my first love...well not physical meeting...we go tto know each otehr on teh net and at the time i wrote it we both just wanted to meet each otehr so bad and it seemed like if we never would

In a world that sometimes feels so dark adn alone
Our spirits met & touched
There a love was begun that feels so right
& now I long to be with u so much

I want to hold your hand & walk with u
& to hold u close when u are feeling blue
I want to kiss you under moonlit skies
Or just sit & look into your eyes

I do not know what the future holds
Whether u & I will ever be
But i know that the friendship & love I have in my heart for u
Will last an eternity.

------------------
smile...its the second best thing u can do wiht ur lips
...sweetlips:)

Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.