Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Schools Just started... but not for me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Schools Just started... but not for me
Jayjers
Activist
Member # 382

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Jayjers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always dreded the time after highschool. During my senior year it really hit me hard. Some of these people I hang out with, laugh with, go through hard times with, I will never see again. School started here yesterday and its got me so down. I so badly want to go and be with my friends, go to classes, even eat the food (yeck) I went this morning just to say "Hello" to some people and most the people just answer me back with a "hello" and went on with their business. I wish things were how they used to be. Greeting all my friends with a hug and a huge smile happy just to see them. I already want to go back during lunch because I know where everyone is then. (this morning I couldn't find all my friends) I bet they think I am NUTS but I miss them all so much! I'm already planning when I can come see my team practice, which football games I'll go to, and how I'm going to hang out with the gang at Shoney's just like old times. ::sigh:: This is SOOOO Depressing! Please tell me I'm not the only one WANTING to go back to HIGHSCHOOL!
Posts: 50 | From: K-Town Tn | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunflower
Activist
Member # 117

Icon 10 posted      Profile for sunflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are definetly not the only one!!!! While I do love being in college and out on my own, with my new apartment!!! I do miss all of my friends and the security and feeling of safety and peacefulness that comes with being in high school, especially during your senior year!!!!! Dont worry you will start to feel better, and then you will make new friends and develop new routines that will be fun and make you happy.
Posts: 130 | From: Berkeley, CA, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Felling homesick (or homeroomsick, as it were) is perfectly normal.

However, you should also have things you're moving to, looking forward to, what have you. What are you doing now, or this fall, Jay?

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KimmyP
Activist
Member # 613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KimmyP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got tons of awesome memories from highschool. Everybody does
I know its hard missing your friends, but this last year, at college, I've made a buncha new friends and a lot of *new* memories!
Try not to think about everything that you miss...think about what's in the future! To me, it seems like it keeps getting better and better
Best of Luck to ya!

------------------
Its ALL good :)

Posts: 54 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if i could fix one thing about my experience in college, it'd be this:

go meet people NOW!!!

yeah, i know you miss your old crew. but you'll be home for holidays once in a while, right? you can meet up with them then. email them, call every now and then. you will not lose your old friends if you keep in touch with them.

but you will a GRAND opportunity to meet some fabulous people living all around you if you can't come to terms with your new environment. The beginning of term is the best timeto meet people in dorms because chances are, they don't know anyone either, so the cliques haven't quite solidified just yet.

i missed out on this when i came to uni. the first week in the dorms, i spent out on the street, with friends i already had. i didn't meet anyone new. i didn't meet anyone that year. so if i regret anything, it's that (and i didn't party enough my frosh year, but that's beside the point).

------------------
i think you're special ... and i don't mean that in a short bus kind of way

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.