Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Girly Goods

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Girly Goods
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I couldn't resist, and yes, girly boys can chime in, too.

In case you don't know it, your fearless leader here is a total glamour diva junkie at times. Not all the time, but fairly regularly.

I just got my latest shipment in from Urban Decay, and after spending an hour dolling up (and dolling up my partner, who is now at cofee with his nails three different shades) I feel very cheerful and giddy.

Generally, I indulge either at Urban Decay or at Benefit, but Urban just got a bunch of really fabulous new shades up (and they have the coolest colors ever with great names like Roach and Gash), and Area 51 lip gunk (a cranberry gloss with silver glitter), Metropolitan nail polish (a glittery magenta), and their Chopper eye shadow (a light copper with silver glitter) are just so cool, I had to rave.

I know, it's vapid. But we're allowed sometimes, eh?

What do you play dressup with?

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited July 28, 2000).]

Posts: 68128 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildChica
Activist
Member # 459

Icon 10 posted      Profile for WildChica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh...I love playing with all my make-up and nail polish! When I get my check at the end of the month(I'm a dance teacher, so I get paid monthly) I just HAVE to go to the store and pick out lots of glittery lip glosses and eye-shadows. I love seeing how a little eyeliner can completely change my whole look. Eye make-up is definately my obsession...But nothing beats some sparkly lip gloss to match your nail polish!

::grin::

I think I'm done for now

J.

------------------
"Her laugh turned to a moan at the first ripple in her bones.
She tensed her thighs and abdomen to will the change on, and
clutched the night air like a lover as her fingers lengthened
and her nails sprouted...The night, she thought, the sweet night"

Posts: 87 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet*howl
Activist
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet*howl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love, every once in a while, shocking all my friends. I'm a jeans and a t-shirt kinda girl, literally I have no pants other than jeans and I own two skirts. I do own dresses too but I doubt many people know. So once in a while I get out my secret stash of make up (I don't wear make up on a daily basis), paint my nails (sometimes I splurge and get a manicure), put on make up (Tastefully!!) and pick out a nice dress. And I love all the attention, altho I got some mean comments last time. And I'll spend hours in make up sections of department stores and such. I love dress up!!

------------------
-Sweet*howl

Knowledge is power, use it wisely

Posts: 62 | From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lovee makeup. I dont wear it much since i know my b/f likes the natural look on me better. But he doesnt mind the eye makeup too much its just the lipstick and lip gloss he hates mostly. Whenever i get bored at home i practice putting on makeup. When i go out i usually like to dress like a punk. I can have some weird colored hair so it just fits. My b/f thinks its cool too, since wee aree total opposites its kind of intriguing to him. He is a thug from cali, and im a punk from oregon. what a match.

So i guess i play dress up with everything. And for extra fun i think im going to dress my b/f up!

BTW, Miz S. I have some lipstick by urban decay. The roach shade. I love it even though its so expensive!

Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently started getting regulal manicures and pedicures. I love it! I also like makeup and bought some two coloured pencils that can be used anywhere. Practical but snazzy!
I can't find Benefit in Montreal, but defintely want to order some someday. The duty is a killer though.

Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work in a school (can you say "teacher clothes"?) and I'm a pretty back-to-basics sort of girl when it comes to my clothing in general. So every once in a while it's fun to go out in something tight and low-cut just to watch my boyfriend's eyebrows go up in appreciation.

Also, I may dress demurely on the outside, but that doesn't keep me from wearing lacy stuff next to my skin. Forget the pantyhose, it's thigh-highs all the way, except for really special occasions, when stockings and garters can really liven things up.

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, teacher clothes. I remember them well, though not fondly. I still have a closet full of them.

If you wear a size 8, Lady, let me know. I'll send you mine.

Posts: 68128 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, despite the name, and what i'm about to disclose, i made it a point to not be girly.

but what the heck, i can't help it sometimes.

like miz scarlet, i am very fond of Urban Decay. I have the whole Gash set, and I wear it a lot because it's such a fabulous color. i used to load up on Hard Candy nail polishes, but they're into the iridescent pastels phase right now, not the vibrant jewel tones i really love.

and i love to wear velvet clothing.

but on days like this, its just a tshirt, shorts and no makeup.

------------------
i think you're special ... and i don't mean that in a short bus kind of way

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooh! thank you, miz scarlet, I LOVE this topic!!!

well, I like nail polish. toenails, I think, have the sole purpose in life to be painted some outrageous color. right now, mine are lime green (to match half my hair)with holographic sparkles over... ;]

the fingernails, usually just silver metallic.

I love going to the drugstore when I have a
few bucks free - just buying some eyeshadow
can make you feel brand new, don't you think?

Lip gloss!!! Bonne Bell is still the best...they make Dr Pepper flavored, and my bf likes the taste of it so much he bought himself a tube since he kept kissing mine off!

mm...what else? oh, since someone else brought this up, garter belts and stockings DEFINITELY make you feel like a girly-girl! Victoria's Secret still has the best stockings *one of the only places you can find ones made to be worn with garter belts since they don't have that annoying elastic...*

I think that's it for now. ;]

~lemming

------------------
"this was a Pizza Hut, now it's all covered with daisies.../And as things fell apart nobody paid much attention..." ~Talking Heads, "Nothing but Flowers"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StilQuackn
Neophyte
Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StilQuackn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I normally wear punk clothes and chains and spikes, all that stuff. My sister, on the other hand, is like the "goth princess"(she's 18). At school I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a dress or make-up, or even shorts(I live in Florida too). But on boring rainy days my sister makes me get all dressed up and then we go out to the big mall out of town and then we just walk around or do a little shopping. Dressing up is a nesessity I think. Everyone needs a little attention sometimes. It's really funny when my whole family goes out to dinner: my mom wearing tommy stuff, my sister dressing gothic, me and my chains, my dad dressing casual and then my little grandmother who always wears her pearl necklace. Quite an interesting looking family we are
Posts: 34 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet Tart
Neophyte
Member # 1013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet Tart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa. I am a girlie girl all the way. Freshly painted nails always do the trick...or freshly plucked and perfectly tamed eyebrows...dont ask. its a thing. and lotion...once i just shaved...and im all soft...oooooh, thats awsome, makes me feel girlie girlie...and glitter always puts frosting on the cake :P

------------------
Diamonds are nice and so are toys but there's nothing like them VARSITY boys...

Posts: 5 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Dust-
Activist
Member # 1021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Dust-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love putting on my fake lashes and my urban decay "gash" lipstick. but most of the time i just put on mascara and lipgloss.
Posts: 63 | From: Virginia, U.S.A | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
winter
Activist
Member # 991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for winter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooo I love Urban Decay And Stila And MAC! Unfortunately, I live in Columbus, OH...and these things are hard to come by here. So, when we make our bi-monthly trips to Chicago... I wish I could have long nails, but I always end up biting mine. I'd get fakies, but my Mom goes on about "oh you can get an infection!", and besides...I play guitar and piano, and I don't think either would be extremely easy with long nails. Oh well.

Has anyone here ever been to Sephora? That place is a playground for big girls

I'm into the whole "natural beauty" concept, I go really light usually, I like a white or other light eyeshadow, and lipgloss...and that's about where I draw the line. I lovelovelovelovelove lipgloss though

------------------
"Can't this wait til I'm old?"-Phish
hannah@atarikid.com

Posts: 53 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deegurl143
Activist
Member # 353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deegurl143     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i used to love those slumber parties where you did makeovers this thread just reminded me how much fun i used to have at those.
as for nail polish i love the funky colors!! i don't wear much more then a clear or light pink on my fingers though. i go all out on my toes though i have this thing where i don't like feet very much so i paint my toes funky colors. i'm weird i know
my make-up looks very natural but it's actually a lot stuff. i go all out with the make-up. everything but blush really. it's like i'm a different person with my make-up. when i'm with my bf i go natural though cuz he loves it (he loves both really ).

------------------
~*GoDdEsS oF lOvE aNd BeAuTy*~

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
JaMeS & DoReEn 4eVeR
^*^*^*^^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Posts: 269 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StilQuackn
Neophyte
Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StilQuackn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last weekend I went somewhere that many of you would love to go to. It's a beauty convention. My dad sells the scissors and other things that hair dressers use and sometimes he buys a booth at a convention and goes there to sell his stuff. I always go with him to help him sell stuff and to go shopping. I got so many different kinds of hair products. They sell hair dye and make-up and nail polish, anything you'd want. They are so much fun to go to, I went shopping for all my friends and my sister too. I just thought many of you would like to hear about it.
Posts: 34 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d1TzY8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am SUCH a make-up junkie! I have like EVERY single kind of mascara on the market..LoL

I have over 100 bottles of mascara. Its crazy, I know, but i CANT go anywhere w/o it. Just like some kinda of lip glass w/ sparkles in it. OH, and can forget glitter! Got to have glitter on my eyes!!!

------------------
WoRD!

Posts: 316 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mean street princess
Neophyte
Member # 1108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mean street princess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am a total nail polish junkie. at one time i had 20 botttles of it, now i have 12. i don't know, i just love nail polish, especially when it's metallic

------------------
everyday somebody's gotta pay...

Posts: 2 | From: somewhere in connecticut. where exactly, i'm not telling!! | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.