Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Im a liar

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Im a liar
troublemaka
Activist
Member # 543

Icon 4 posted      Profile for troublemaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
help me!!! i cant stop lying!! ive lied about so much stuff is unbelieible. ive lied about sex...ive lied about getting my period{when all my friends started i didnt want to be left out} and about life itself. i cant stop every time i make up a new lie i feel that everyones attention is on me and im in power ...but i hate lying cuz then i have a hard time telling it the same way more then once.. i NEED help!
ps. its kinda ironic that i want to be an actress when i grow up>

Posts: 92 | From: Somewere over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashley
Activist
Member # 660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay.....Make Goals for yourself. Or punishments. Maybe you should write,"Don't lie!" On your hand.(Just kidding)Lying is a bad thing, but I guess you know that.It's a good thing that you know that you have a problem with it. I figure that most people whom lie, are scared of a truth about something. I don't know what that would be in your case, but you know. Just try really hard not to lie, and that's the best thing you can do! Good-Luck!

-Life is precious

Posts: 71 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usually, when people lie constantly, it's because they feel that the truth about them isn't very impressive, or that they have some reason to be ashamed of who they really are.

Having seen you post before, troublemaka, I know that isn't so. You have a lot to offer, and you're great just as you are.

The only thing you're covering up by lying is the wonderful person beneath it. Start over. Be brave. Remind yourself that the truth of you is a whole lot better than a fictional account.

Posts: 68208 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StilQuackn
Neophyte
Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StilQuackn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same problem. Finally I told one of my good friends about it. He got mad at me and didn't trust anything I said for a while. It made me realize I was just hurting myself when I lied. Soon after that, everytime I lied I felt bad and told him I had lied. Now I don't lie because everytime I do he gets mad. It took me a while to stop lying completely but now I don't lie.
Posts: 34 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troublemaka
Activist
Member # 543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troublemaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx for ur advice, i really would like to thank Miz Scarlet, i think i need more reasurance, and confidance to stop this mad cycle.
<3- Katelin

------------------
IF LIFE GIVE U LEMONS...THROW THEM BACK AND DEMAND ORANGES!!!
LIVE FOR TODAY AND NOT TOMORROW

Posts: 92 | From: Somewere over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.