Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » FLIRTING IDEAS?! GUYS AND GALS READ!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FLIRTING IDEAS?! GUYS AND GALS READ!
Cherryslurpee
Neophyte
Member # 311

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cherryslurpee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have some flirting ideas or tips? I can never get into it when people flirt with me...I just kinda smile and move on. I'm afraid that I'm giving guys the wrong idea. Any help? *GUYS* How do you show that you like a girl?
Post Away!! hehe!
Luv yaz!
Lexi

Posts: 12 | From: Austin,Tx, Usa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helpful27
Activist
Member # 291

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Helpful27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is how I flirt with a girl in no particular order:
Smile at her.
Compliment her.
Ask her how her day (or other recent event)was.
I look her in the eye, but I don't stare her down.
Listen to her attentively.
The occational touch on the shoulder or back (this would be during preparation activities for a party and quarters were close ).

I try not to seem too obvious about this, but subtle enough that she knows I'm there. If I don't get any response or I get a negative response (she looks away, doesn't smile back, etc) I usually take that to mean she's not interested.

Becoming friends first helps.

Patience is a virtue too.

Posts: 46 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*ShellerBabe*
Activist
Member # 252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *ShellerBabe*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just checking to see how that cute green smiley with the tongue sticking out(Helpful did it before) works.

Posts: 117 | From: America..~*hehe*~ | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Neophyte
Member # 237

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lightfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with everything that helpful has said. And here are some more ideas.

When I flirt I smile alot, it makes them wonder about what you are thinking.

Look at them, don't stare but make sure they notice you. A nice way to do this by watching them and about a second after they realize your watching look away.

Play along with anything they do.

Find some stupid jokes (that are funny) and use them, never repeat the same one twice.

Here's and example:
Q: Where do you find a turtle with no legs?
A: Where ever you set him down.

I like to make a fool out of myself. I've found that humility works. But for it to work they have to realize that it is an act, so this might not work on someone you don't already know.

Posts: 9 | From: Dullsville, Texas, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StilQuackn
Neophyte
Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StilQuackn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just don't see the thrill of flirting. If you like someone, or want to get to know them better, you go up to them and talk to them. Smiling at someone and looking away when they look back just seems crazy to me...it never really seems to work very well either. But I guess if it does work for you then you might as well do it.
Posts: 34 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink_Lemonade_03
Activist
Member # 277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink_Lemonade_03     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Smile, talk to 'em, use a kinda different voice to show you like 'em... very cheerful. Be happy and say some cheeky things. And BTW, You have the same name as I do!!! That's too cool.

Posts: 140 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGrrl99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The whole trick of flirting is in getting the boy to talk to you! My favorite flirt lines are: "Weren't you in my math class last year?" or "Where can I catch the bus to main street?" Also, secret admirer notes work really well!!
Posts: 384 | From: Malibu, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 12 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, I wish my site was up right now, but I'm working on it as we speak...

a few years ago a friend of mine who was having some serious problems flirting asked me how I did it and said there should be a manual on this sort of thing...

what I did was write a book for her, in the form of a correspondence course in flirting. I'm working on getting it online right now, but in the meantime, here's a few tips, straight from Daphne Q. Appleby's Correspondence College of Flirting and Unnecessarily Long Names:
(I'll take one from each of the first 5 chapters)

1. Believe yourself beautiful, and act as if you are - beauty is in the mind of the beholden.

2. Always act like you know exactly what you're doing, where you're going, and that you've got a right to be there. Confidence counts.

3. Dress distinctively. Learn what you like.

4. A skirt *can* be too short. The best clothing leaves something to the imagination.

5. Don't turn down a guy just because you think he's a geek. If you accept him, chances are others will not feel they have such a chance of being rejected.

^Basically^, be a nice person, and people will gravitate towards you!

I hope this has helped a little bit...I'll post to the borad if the site ever goes up.

love,
lemming

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.