Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » I only think about girls when I am....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I only think about girls when I am....
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay this is weird but I can only think about girls when I'm masturbating, I just don't even come close to having an orgasm when I think about guys. I don't think I'm bi or lesbian, so what's up with that?

Brittany

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's so normal.
At the risk of sounding like Andrea Dworkin, some women think that masturbation is a celebration of female ...something. So they think about other women, even if they're straight.

------------------
MASTURBATING IS NOT A CRIME

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As we've said before, part of this is simply about what fantasy is: it isn't reality.

While it is possible you may have bisexual inclinations, it certainly musn't be so to have fantasies about women. Our fantasy life isn't usually tied into what we do in reality.

...and it's less weird than you think. People's fantasies are all over the map.

Posts: 67069 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGrrl99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I used to fantasize a little about other girls too, but I didn't realize that I was truly bi untill I got seduced by a cute lesbian girl. Just thinking about other girls while you are masturbating does not make you bi.
Posts: 384 | From: Malibu, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet georgia girl
Neophyte
Member # 387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet georgia girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always think about girls when I masturbate. Its the only way I can orgasm. I am not a lesbian. So I think its completely normal.
Posts: 2 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Musickat01
Activist
Member # 272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Musickat01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may sound weird but the only girl I fantasize about is my bestfriend.. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to do something with her but I totallyfind guys to be more stimulating. I am definitely not a lesbian.

------------------
~*~Katrina~*~

Posts: 145 | From: Dover, Delaware USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGrrl99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just because you are not a lesbian, that doesn't mean that you are not bi! I know loads of girls who love having sex with both boys and girls! (I'm one of them!) You'll never know for sure untill you stop all this fantasizing and actually jump into bed with another girl!!
Posts: 384 | From: Malibu, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 2 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HotGrrl99:
You'll never know for sure untill you stop all this fantasizing and actually jump into bed with another girl!!

I don't think I'm alone when I say that even sleeping with another girl doesn't "prove" that you're lesbian or bi.

There was a thread here a few weeks ago where someone said something about sleeping with girls to find out if she was lesbian or bi, and I think someone replied that a) that's not a very nice thing to do for you or your partner and b) it's not something you can prove or disprove.

Personal philosophy on this subject, like it or leave it: Fantasies are fantasies. Sexuality is all-encompassing. We are sexual beings. Why not relax, and skip the labels?

~lem

------------------
Understand that sexuality is as wide as the sea. Understand that your morality is not law. Understand that we are you. Understand that if we decide to have sex whether safe, safer, or unsafe, it is our decision and you have no rights in our lovemaking.
Derek Jarman

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Well, it seems fairly clear to me that if you are gonna have sex with other girls, you must be bi or lesbian! Just thinking about fooling around with other girls does not seem to be enough for someone to be really sure.
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I disagree. I think that you can have some kind of sexual relations with someone of the same gender, and still consider yourself heterosexual. It's all about self-identification.

For example, maybe a grope or something could be fun for you, but you would never think of actually having a relatinship with someone of the same sex.

------------------
MASTURBATING IS NOT A CRIME

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Having sex with someone of the same sex and not being bi or lesbian? That just sounds like pure semantics to me. You are a bi or lesbian when you make that realization and determination for yourself. And actually having sex with someone of the same sex and enjoying it, seems like more than enough evidence.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In truth, we need to recognize that there isn't always a harmony with our orientation and what we do sexually. bear in mind this: a good many prostitutes who service men are lesbian. A good many lesbians I know have male partners now and then, and most have had them at some point. To top it all off, a good many people sleep with people of any gender and don't enjoy themselves. If a wife doesn't enjoy sex with her husband, does it mean she isn't heterosexual?

How we identify and orient is often a lifelong process. No one is prescribed an orientation by who their sex partners are. In general, heterosexual means that someone is MAINLY attracted to those of the same sex. Not always.

Posts: 67069 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.