Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Won't humans go extinct if we don't reproduce?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Won't humans go extinct if we don't reproduce?
AmakusaShiroTokisada
Neophyte
Member # 403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmakusaShiroTokisada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How are people suppose to reproduce safely if there's AIDS and STD to worry about? You certainly can't wear a condom if you want to have a child... Of course I could be wrong.

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 07 July 2000).]

Posts: 26 | From: Kirby's Dreamland, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amasuka,
First off, can you not post that huge graphic on every post? It makes my screen completely wonky.

Secondly, as far as I can tell, reproduction rates are nothing close to declining. Since the dawn of civilization, they have only grown.

That said, reproduction has NEVER been without risk on a number of levels beyond STDs. There are numerous risks of many genetic diseases being passed from mother to child, or genetically through both parents, and any number of complications through the birth process as a whole.

All in all, you can't really make those risks go away, and enough people find that having children outweighs those risks for them that I highly doubt we have to worry about extinction. If anything, if our reproduction rates DID go down, it truthfully wouuld only improve the quality of life and health for everyone.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uss69
Neophyte
Member # 216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uss69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We studied population groth rates in Science last year. Right now humans are at a exponential groth phase will be followed by a death phase(where the population follows) The a Steady groth phase where there population doesnt grow or fall it just stays the same.
So there will be a time where the human population will go down(naturally) but will level off.

FYI

Posts: 31 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhiannon
Activist
Member # 319

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Rhiannon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AmakusaShiroTokisada:
How are people suppose to reproduce safely if there's AIDS and STD to worry about? You certainly can't wear a condom if you want to have a child... Of course I could be wrong.

Marriage.

Posts: 45 | From: CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uss69
Neophyte
Member # 216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uss69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know how humans can reproduce with out sex.

Genetic enginering. Before you know it things will be like that movie Gatitca(i'm not a spelling major.)

Posts: 31 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGrrl99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's true. All boys really have to do is jerk off into a test tube, and then squirt it into a girl! One of my moms friends actually got pregnant that way!
Posts: 384 | From: Malibu, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.