Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Question about pre cum?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about pre cum?
LanaBanana
Neophyte
Member # 110473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LanaBanana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi scarleteen!

I am back again. My last post was about a pregnancy scare that I had. My boyfriend and I engaged in dry sex with only underwear and I was paranoid about being pregnant. I had two periods since then so I know I'm not pregnant now. It was clear that my anxiety was the main issue. Since then I've seen a doctor and I'm taking medicine to help with it.

This is NOT an "am I pregnant" question.

On the 11th, I had dry sex with my boyfriend again and I was ovulating. He had his boxers on and I had underwear and thin pajama shorts. I know this poses NO risk of pregnancy.

But I would highly appreciate yur assurance on this question I have about pre cum
iF precum would have gotten on my thin short, would i have noticed it the next day?

I guess what I'm really trying to ask is
How does pre cum look like when it's dry?
Does it disappear?
Is it white?
Will it leave a hard or crusty mark on my shorts if it was present?

I looked at my thin shorts the next day and they were completely dry, no hard or crusty parts. I'm just not sure if precum would leave a spot or if it dries up like water

This would give me more assurance, thank you guys [Smile]

[ 07-17-2014, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: LanaBanana ]

Posts: 19 | From: Santee | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It really depends, but generally pre-ejaculate will dry pretty invisible. As it is not made up of exactly the same stuff as semen, it tends not to be so crusty-white-ish as semen is when it dries. Also because of the small amount of fluid that is present with pre-ejaculate, as opposed to the larger amounts of fluid present when there is a full ejaculation, it will tend not to leave much noticeable mark just because of how little fluid there was in the first place.

But again it varies, depending on how much pre-ejaculate is present, and what exactly it contains, and that can vary from person to person as well as time to time. Plus some types and colours of fabric can just show stains more easily than others. In other words, whether you see stains or not the next day is not really going to provide much reliable information at all.

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LanaBanana
Neophyte
Member # 110473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LanaBanana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I understand now, thank you [Smile]

Again, just for reassurance and for my anxiety..

There is NO risk of pregnancy? even though I was ovulating?

He had on boxers (they were pretty thick)
I had on thin pajama shorts (almost see through) and lace underwear where the cotton part was covering my vulva

I had the same scare last time, but I wasn't ovulating. I honestly don't know if this makes a difference in my situation even if clothes were present

I feel a bit more anxiety because the medication im taking (Praxil) still make me a little more anxious..it takes about a month or so to fully work.

I checked afterwards if my shorts were wet or anything, but I couldnt tell since we were both a bit sweaty and I was really aroused. So im no't even sure if they were wet, it was from me, or me and him.

If it helps, I didnt notice and real wet wet spots on my thin shorts. It just felt the same all over, i think it was sweat.

I've read the articles saying there is NO risk
but it will help me more having someone directly tell me that their isnt a risk
I hope that makes sense

and I really appreciate your feedback and information, I have no one else to talk to about my situation. And sadly my boyfriend doesn't really understand my anxiety..

Posts: 19 | From: Santee | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's Dial Down Some (Maybe) Ovulation Freakouts

The thing is, we have told you there is no risk, because that link with the articles was provided. It tells you the answer to your question right away. And we have clearly stated boundaries around NOT answering these questions, and we really need those boundaries to be respected so we can serve all of our users as best we can. Our answers here are not going to change, and it's really just not productive to keep repeating our same-old answers, okay?

You're aware that you have anxiety and are struggling with that, so you really need to focus on the fact that this is about anxiety rather than about any actually realistic risk, and thus our reassuring you repeatedly and focusing on smaller and smaller details is NOT what is going to help here. What will help is focusing on coping with the anxiety itself, which you have started to do by starting medication which is a really excellent step. But again, we can't keep repeating our answers and we can't loosen our boundaries around this, and that's not just for our own good; it's not conducive to helping you handle your anxiety, either. We want to do what's best for our users as well as what makes best use of our time and resources, and in this case those two go tightly hand in hand.

Have you also looked into, or received any, therapy or counselling for your anxiety? Many people find the most effective way of dealing with anxiety is pairing medication with therapy as well. Mental health professionals will be able to teach you ways of coping with and handling anxiety, particular anxious thoughts, or panic attacks, so that you can learn to stop yourself from getting into full-on-anxiety mode as much as possible. So that might be another thing to look into -- your doctor would very likely be able to refer you to someone, so that could be a place to start.

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LanaBanana
Neophyte
Member # 110473

That article helped out, my eyes automatically jumped to

"If and when someone is ovulating, that doesn't make them any more likely to become pregnant from dry humping (rubbing genitals together with clothes on), for example, than when they are not: fertile or not, that's just not how pregnancy happens."

So thank you for that.

and I apologize for the repeated question.

Yes, I have looked into therapy for my anxiety and plan on doing so ASAP.

Thank you for your quick responses!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.