Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Need Some Info Please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need Some Info Please
old_newbie
Neophyte
Member # 110147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old_newbie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all. Well, this is very long, but I want to explain most of it. I am 22, and have never been with a man until recently. A couple of months ago, my partner and I have been getting frisky. Problem is, I am uneducated in the ways of sex. I have been on bc for almost a year. The problem is, I have very irregular periods because of a medical condition (which is why I take the bc). I bleed for months at a time, then stop. Well, we have never had vaginal intercourse. Everything we do is either oral or manual. Problem is, everytime he adjusts himself I freak out. I make him wipe his hands with Lysol wipes. I am uncomfortable giving him handjobs even though I wipe with Lysol too afterwards. The other day we did this ritual before he started playing with me manually. (I had given him a BJ, he adjusted, he wiped, we played). Problem is, I stopped bleeding the next day. I dont know what to make of this. Can I be pregnant even though we use BC and Lysol wipes? I assume not, but still...(P.S. He has never come even though its been close. It is to my knowledge pre-ejaculate) Thank you
Posts: 7 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old_newbie
Neophyte
Member # 110147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old_newbie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, I have read the recommended articles, I still just need an expert to say yay or nay
Posts: 7 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi old newbie,

Can you give these a read and see what they say about the risk levels of manual sex and oral sex in terms of pregnancy?
http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/10/t/002611.html#000000
Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

If you've read those already, please understand that we're the folks who wrote those articles, so we're going to give the same answers you found there.

I do want to say that, if engaging in these activities is making you this uncomfortable, then it's sound to stop engaging in them and scale back to a point where you feel more comfortable.

Also, if you are taking BC to regulate your periods but you are finding it's not working, you may want to talk to your healthcare provider about other options.

[ 04-23-2014, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old_newbie
Neophyte
Member # 110147

Yes, I have read that. No, that really didnt calm me down any. Thats why I stated that I needed someone to break it down. Because I dont know if A) Lysol kills anything. I am assuming and B)pre-cum. All I know is yes, there is sperm, and it may kinda sorta get you pregnant. So thats why I am posting. Im sorry, I know you have a lot of people ask this, but please, can you just give you honest opinion one more time?
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi old newbie,

I think we talked about this on text yesterday and it sounded then like you understood that this wasn't a risk.

How about you take another look at that send link Sam posted there and see what the risk factors are of manual and oral sex?

It sounds like facts aren't helping too much here, since you're still worried. I know I sent this link yesterday, but it may be worth taking another look at it: You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old_newbie
Neophyte
Member # 110147

Thanks guys. I know I have been a bit of a bug. Truth be told, I do have a bit of an anxiety thing. Usually not much other than "over worrying" but my mind has latched on to this. I took a test the other day (it was 5 days after 'the action', too soon, I know) just to calm myself down. Thank you both again. I think I am just trying to get enough repetition that my thick skull understands that just because I stopped bleeding doesnt mean I am pregnant. Sorry again
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey old_newbie!

Have you tried any relaxation techniques? There are plenty of things that can help during anxiety and have really good long term effects.

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old_newbie
Neophyte
Member # 110147

The only technique I have tried was a type of breathing method. Usually inhale for 5, hold for 7, exhale for 5. I am willig to hear anything. Thank you for the support!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.