Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Confirmation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confirmation
stayinganon
Neophyte
Member # 110128

Icon 5 posted      Profile for stayinganon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just need a possible pregnancy scare confirmation. And I'm super sorry for this because I know these questions tire you guys out. So, even if the boy fully ejaculated in his pants, touched for just a second himself still over his pants (he never touched made contact with his bare penis),and than fingered me with that hand a little while later, that still counts as a no risk manual sex situation? I just wanted to make sure. I'm honestly not even sure if he had ejaculated but my anxiety ridden brain is driving me crazy. I have since stopped any sexual activity until I can mange the anxiety that comes with it and I have gotten my period on time but it was lighter than it normally is and that's what is throwing me off. Thank you so much in advance for this.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the boards!

As it sounds like you have probably seen in our many other answers to questions like this: yep, you are talking about manual sex, and yep, manual sex can pose risks of infection, but not pregnancy risks.

No matter what did or did not happen inside his pants. [Smile]

How are you managing your anxiety? Are you using help and coping tools you have for it in this situation?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, you are correct, this situation does not have a risk. [Smile]

Periods can vary in their symptoms from time to time, so a lighter than normal one is nothing to be worried about

Edit: Heather got here before I did.

[ 04-21-2014, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayinganon
Neophyte
Member # 110128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayinganon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you both very much for answering so quickly! Heather to answer your question, I have a chronic illness so I've been dealing with the anxiety that comes from that through medication and a variety of different therapist; I'm still working on finding one that works for me. I'm not sure how to handle the sex related anxiety? I've been using some of your self care techniques from the self care article and they've been working so thank you for that as well [Smile]
Posts: 5 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ultimately, you want to manage that kind of anxiety the same way you'd manage other kinds: this is just about what is triggering your anxiety, not a different kind of anxiety altogether, you know?

And once you do find someone you connect with for therapy, you can also work with them to have them evaluate what you need for a sexual life that does not trigger anxiety for you or, when it does, can make sure you have some ways that work for you to manage it. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayinganon
Neophyte
Member # 110128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayinganon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That makes a lot of sense [Smile] I've been having trouble finding a therapist I feel comfortable around so I guess once I find that person it'll be easier to talk to them about other problems as well. Thank you very much! I feel a lot more comfortable now [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.