Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Really scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Really scared
Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok about the topic before, about the precum indirectly and may have contained sperm in precum from previous ejaculation. You said it wasnt a risk but her period was due Sunday. Its now almost Tuesday and it still isnt here. She has had some cravings and just today she said her boobs started to hurt. She isnt worried about pregnancy at all. Its me that worrys? Could someone help
Posts: 28 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can someone please help me??
Posts: 28 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, someone can! [Smile]

Someone whose job is to help people suffering from anxiety, as we have been telling you. That person is not us. As we have also been telling you, and you have been patently ignoring.

But that help is available to you, you simply have to seek it out rather than doing what really looks like avoiding it and instead, continuing to do things that are both NOT likely to be helpful to you, and also stomping all over limits people have set with you.

The National Institute of Mental Health here in the US has a hotline, which is 1-888-826-9438. If you are unwilling or unable to start by talking to your doctor or school counselor to get this help, perhaps that is a first step you will be willing to take.

If not, there really is nothing else we can offer you here. We are not people trained in this kind of work; what we do cannot treat or manage anxiety. You can keep coming here and pushing us again and again, but all the pushing in the world will not magically turn us into those people or give us that training. All doing that will do is keep you from actually seeking out the kind of help you do need, what really will help you, and eventually get you banned here for refusing to abide by our guidelines and our limits.

So, can someone help you? Yep. But first you gotta help yourself, buddy. Why don't you start by ringing up that hotline.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

Ok thank you so much! Im just so concerned on how she missed her period? Or its late. And 2 days after her period sas supposed to come breast tendorness stsrted? She usually getd that? Im just concerned on why it just now started could that be pregnancy.... You guys said it didnt pose a risk of pregnancy so im confused
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is beyond clear you are not hearing us, pretty much ever. Whether that is because your anxiety is clouding your ability to do that, which is likely, or something else, I cannot know.

But if you will not hear our limits, even when expressed again and again, and our answers to you, again and again, have no impact, then we need to hold you to those limits differently. We have given you a LOT of room here, Joe, and taken a lot of time, but now we need to be done.

You have our answers to these questions already, as well as additional sources of information about them if you like. You have our advice to seek out help with your mental health, and now a hotline to get started if you do not have another way to do so, or will not explore those other ways. You can use any or all of those avenues and resources while your use here is suspended, which I need to go do right now. Unfortunately, this is the only way we have left to get you to honor the lines we are setting, since requests for you to do so clearly do not matter to you.

I will turn your permissions to post back on in two weeks. I really hope that during that time you will seek out he kind of care you need so you can start feeling better.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.