Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » anxiety about pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anxiety about pregnancy
curiouschick1990
Neophyte
Member # 109999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiouschick1990     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Scarleteen,

Again before I say anything, thankyou in advance for your great help. I have quite a similar situation to a recent poster that know that they're not pregnant but just needs some outside reassurance perhaps.

I am not pregnant, it's pretty clear.

1. My partner and I have never had sex, we have had dry sex with clothing on (underwear & shorts, 3-4 layers).
2. My partner has not ejaculated in a few months. He has never ejaculated whilst we have dry sex or anything else. In other words, he has never ejaculated in my presence and the last time he did was in a wet dream when we first started dating.
We have stopped all physical activity between us for almost a month now.
3. He has only ever had "leakage" he says - which is pre-ejaculate to me which I understand is minimal in volume & does not contain sperm in itself unless it carries trace sperm from a previous recent ejaculation if he hasn't urinated after. But like I said he hasn't ejaculated recently.
4. I got a shorter and lighter withdrawal bleed two weeks after my "non risk" but I attribute that to the fact that I screwed around with my active pill intake.
5. I took 3 pregnancy tests - 19 & 20 days after the non risk.

That pretty much says to me I can't possibly be pregnant. Especially considering no ejaculation ever, so sperm hasn't even been present. But I still can't stop thinking over these facts in my head to convince myself !

Just need someone to confirm with & talk to please [Wink]

Thankyou !

Posts: 30 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curiouschick1990
Neophyte
Member # 109999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiouschick1990     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh and my tests were all negative !
Posts: 30 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this article is a good place to start: You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curiouschick1990
Neophyte
Member # 109999

Yes thanks I have read that article and it's really good [Smile] I just would love to hear it from a person, not an article.
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, any of us are going to say exactly what the article says! If you aren't having the kinds of sex that pose a pregnancy risk, there's no way to become pregnant. Everything that we said in your last thread still applies.
If persistent pregnancy fears continue, your next step would be to talk to a doctor, counselor, etc. about managing anxiety.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curiouschick1990
Neophyte
Member # 109999

Yes I completely understand. I guess I just wanted someone to confirm that what I said above on my first post makes sense ?

Thanks

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, what you said in your first post makes sense.

You know, when you read something in one of our articles, you're not just hearing from an article, you Are hearing it from a person: the person who wrote the article. A lot of our content is written or co-written by Heather, so you're hearing from her; personally, I can't think of anyone better [Smile]

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.