Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Emergency- Baby in a tube

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Emergency- Baby in a tube
oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

Icon 11 posted      Profile for oliveoil123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there !!

These days cases of baby getting in the tube are increasing. I wonder if baby is in the tube and not in the ovary, then also home pregnancy test shows positive? I mean can we detect pregnancy by means of Home Pregnancy test kits, even if the baby is in the tube (which is not good and abortion is needed). Please tell me !

I am overdue my periods, I have taken two pregnancy tests, both came negative, but still I havent got my periods.

I got my periods on 7th feb, then I had unprotected sex, took ipill within 24 hours and then got withdrawl bleeding after 7 days i.e on 23rd feb. Since then I have not got my periods.

To sum it up :-

1. Can ipill delay periods?
2. Will home pregnancy test detect baby in a tube?

PS- I am a PCOD patient.

PLEASE HELP !!

[ 04-11-2014, 04:09 AM: Message edited by: oliveoil123 ]

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, an ectopic pregnanty will also result in a positive result on a pregnancy test.

And, yes: the most common side effect of emergency contraception are late, irregular or missed periods.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oliveoil123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the reply, September.

I haven't experienced any ectopic pregnancy symptoms like nausea, vaginal bleeding,pain in the shoulders or cramps. But I do feel a faint abdominal pain.

And one more thing, will a blood test for pregnancy will be more accurate? Should I get it done if I dont get periods in next few days? And also if it is more likely to detect an ectopic pregnancy with blood test?

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are feeling an abdominal pain (and it is not a period cramp) that is continuing or getting worse, you should visit a doctor, as unexplained pain is not a symptom to let go unchecked.

As for your pregnancy test questions, you can read those here:
Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

I also want to ask, are you up to date on your STI testing?

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oliveoil123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No it is no continuing or worse. Its ocassional faint pain. It happens when my periods are about to arrive. But they haven't yet :-(
oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

Yes I am fine as far as STI risks are concerned, since me and my partner both were virgin when we first had sex
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then the most likely explanation is that they are your period cramps, and that your period will arrive soon.
Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

Amen to that !!

But you know I cannot discuss the problem with my parents, because of culture issues. And mind keeps playing negative scenarios about ectopic pregnancy might being the reason for absence of periods, even when 2 tests have come negative.
That is why I wanted to confirm from you guys that even an ectopic pregnancy would show a positive result, right?

And then I had taken i-pill as well. It might have disrupted the cycle. But absence of periods is very frustrating.

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

I feel you on the period absence frustration.

I think September already answered your question about ectopic pregnancy, so you can refer back to that for reassurance.

Unfortunately, even if we really hope they won't, there's no way to guarantee that parents won't find out about sexual activity. So, if them doing so is something that you really want to avoid, you may need to include that in your calculations of what kind of sexual activity (if any) to engage in.

Since it sounds like you're in a situation where pregnancy is not something you want, would you like some info on birth control options so you can help prevent future scares?

oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

Thank you for the much needed assurance. And I guess, I will go to my doctor asap and start BC method.

Thank you for the answers. It is always assuring to talk with you guys

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

You're quite welcome, and I hope that the BC talk goes well.

I do have to offer a correction to what September said. Home pregnancy tests will usually detect an ectopic pregnancy, but there is still a possibility that they will not. So, while your two negative tests still most likely indicate that a pregnancy did not occur, this is something to be aware of. If it gets to the point where you have missed multiple periods, but an HPT is still showing negative, you will want to check in with a healthcare provider.

[ 04-11-2014, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

Thank you for the additional information.

But still wont there be certain symptoms if ectopic pregnancy is there? I have experienced None as of now.

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

You're welcome. And yes, ectopic pregnancies are associated with certain symptoms although, as with anything, symptoms will vary. Heather mentions some of the most common ones here:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/whats_an_ectopic_pregnancy

oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

I really really appreciate your help and thank you for the link. It was a helpful read.
I am just praying for my periods to arrive asap and hoping ipill to be the reason for the delay

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

I'm glad you found the link helpful [Smile]

You might find it helps, while you're waiting for your period, to do some self-care. That will help keep your mind off your worries:
Self-Care a La Carte

[ 04-11-2014, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

I feel like hugging you tight :-D

Loved the self-care read. Thank you

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Digital hugs [Smile] , and you're welcome
oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

I got my period today !!

Yayyyyyyyyy..

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Yay, I bet that feels like a big relief [Smile]
oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

A BIG BIG relief. Though I am in a pain, but you bet I wouldn't exchange it for anything :-D

Moreover you helped me a lot. A big Yayy for you. Virtual tight hugs to you.

Thank you so much :-)

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

You're welcome [Smile]

Also, in case you might find it helpful, this article has a section on tips for dealing with painful period side effects.

On the Rag: A Guide to Menstruation

oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

Surely I am going to read the article. Infact the link about self care that you shared was very helpful as well. I have been reading books since past three days and it surely took my mind off the period paranoia.

I thank my lucky stars for the day I found this website :-)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.