Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Not Pregnant: Confirmation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not Pregnant: Confirmation
gogo2439
Neophyte
Member # 109401

Icon 11 posted      Profile for gogo2439     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am positive I am not pregnant. And I've read all the articles here about if I could have been pregnant or not, but the thing is I've been hanging here in a rut trying to convince myself to trust myself and these articles when I say I'm not pregnant.

All I'm looking for is someone to tell me: No dear, you are not pregnant. You're just very stressed and anxious because you realize you weren't ready to be involved sexually.

If someone could just do that for me it'd be fantastic. To shed some light on how I know I'm not pregnant:

1)I never had sex or rubbed genitals. The only concern I had was that I or my partner may/may not have had wet precum on our hands and then fingered me

2) 2 days after the event, I had a normal period that lasted 7 days. This means I more than likely was not even ovulating at the time of the "sexual encounter"

3) I showed signs of ovulation with my EWCM about 2 weeks after my period

4) At my expected time, I had PMS symptoms that were unusually stronger, however they disappeared 2 days into my next period which came at the proper time and last 7 days once again.

5) I took a pregnancy test with a mornings first urination, 52 days after the encounter and it read not pregnant after 3 minutes

6) I started charting my cervical position and mucus and it seems that I am about to ovulate again soon (about 2.5 weeks after my last period)

7) My weight has been generally stable and within a 129.2-131.8 pound range for the past month

I just can't get myself to believe that I'm not pregnant. I don't WANT to be pregnant either! I keep making up new symptoms of pregnancy. Today it was having an unusually firm upper abdomen and constipation. I think all I need to relieve myself is to have someone just tell me what I said before^^^ so that I know I'm not alone in this. Please help me regain my sanity. I've sworn to wait until I'm sure I'm prepared to participate in such activities again.

Posts: 25 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You never did what someone needs to to create a pregnancy in the first place, and that alone = not pregnant.

But a negative pregnancy test on top of that and periods also = not pregnant.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since it's clear you know you aren't pregnant, our outside confirmation can only do so much. But you are correct, You're not pregnant.

I know you've said you've read up, but if you haven't had a chance to look at this article, it may help you
You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?

It sounds like you think the anxiety is coming from being sexual before you were ready. Are you taking steps to only be as sexual as you are comfortable with currently

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gogo2439
Neophyte
Member # 109401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gogo2439     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outside confirmation was all I was looking for. It really does help with anxiety.

To wrap everything up, could someone say "No dear, you are not pregnant. You're just very stressed and anxious because you realize you weren't ready to be involved sexually."

I really appreciate the rapid support from scarleteen [Smile]

Posts: 25 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we can't know how you feel or why or tell you how you feel, but by all means, if you feel that this is coming from not feeling ready, that absolutely can be, and often is, a reason people freak like this.

And no, dear, you are clearly not pregnant. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gogo2439
Neophyte
Member # 109401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gogo2439     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, all of you very much. I can already feel my nerves unwinding. You all do what you do for a great purpose! Without understanding and patient people such as yourselves, I don't know what I would do.

Once again, Thanks!

Desire
Neophyte
Member # 109927

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The same situation applies to me, but this post has somehow calmed me down. Thanks

--------------------
God bless.

Posts: 2 | From: Kinshasa | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.