Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Pregnant While On Period?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnant While On Period?
Babe0224
Neophyte
Member # 109624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Babe0224     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi scarleteen, I have a quick question. Is It possible to get pregnant while on your period?? I read online that it is possible if a woman has super short periods. Today is my second day of my period and my boyfriend ejaculated on my crotch toward my butt or perineum I think ? but I had yoga pants and underwear and I also had a pad on which I believe kind of blocked the semen getting on me. Am I at risk? My periods are usually 27-28 days and I ovulate about a week and a half after my period. My period also lasts lik7e 5-7 days. I'm not sure if I should worry. Online people says they have gotten pregnant while on their period but they actually have intercourse. Can someone help me?
Posts: 22 | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is possible for people to become pregnant from intercourse at ANY time of their cycle. There are simply just times where it is more likely or less likely.

However, I hear you saying here you were dressed, and it is never possible for a person to become pregnant who has clothes on. In other words, no matter what time it is in your cycle, pregnancy is only a possibility if and when you are engaging in the activities that can present that risk. Someone ejaculating on your clothing is not one of those.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi babe0224,

So, since you had clothing on, that acted as a barrier, which means that pregnancy is not possible in this situation. As far as getting pregnant while on your period, a person can become pregnant at any point in their cycle

[ 03-27-2014, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Babe0224
Neophyte
Member # 109624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Babe0224     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So because I was wearing clothes and a pad that means no sperm could have gotten inside me? Also assuming I won't ovulate this week, there's no way I could be pregnant?
Posts: 22 | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, as Heather said, you cannot become pregnant if you had clothing on.
Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Babe0224
Neophyte
Member # 109624

Another question, I have like a heavier flow how can semen mix with the blood and not be damaged and swim up while blood is coming down?? Isn't the ph levels different for blood and semen?
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be clear: http://www.scarleteen.com/you_cannot_become_pregnant_when_you_have_pants_on

[Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Babe0224
Neophyte
Member # 109624

Oh I havent seen that article, it was kind of funny to me [Smile] Kay seriously last question, in a post about dry humping and clothing, heather said that if its a thin piece of clothing then maybe it can happen. What would be considered thin? Like see-through or like cotton?
Heather
Member # 3

Well, this needs to be the last of this for us, too, on this subject, because we have already answered it, including in past posts for you.

Did you read the link that explains how pregnancy happens provided clearly on the end of that page I linked you to? Given how fast you shot back here, I am guessing not. If you want facts of how pregnancy does and does not happen, that's something you need to invest your own time in and read, or other explanations of human reproduction from credible sources like that.

You can also look at this: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?, where it explains shortly and sweetly that if direct genital contact isn't possible through a garment, this is a non-issue.

Beyond that, we need to be done, and you need to either accept what we're saying or, as is your right, choose not to, but please stop asking. Alternately, we're happy to talk with you about why you think you keep getting hung up on irrational fears despite being given the facts, as that would likely be much more productive. [Smile]

Did you ever get any more help with your anxiety? or perhaps do some new thinking about what you do and don't feel okay with when it comes to any sexual activity, and then start only choosing to engage in things you feel okay about, and confident don't pose any risks you don't want to take? If not, for either, I suspect both of those things are going to go a lot farther for you than the same conversations here, okay?

[ 03-27-2014, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.