Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Is my gf pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is my gf pregnant?
yoloz
Neophyte
Member # 109928

Icon 9 posted      Profile for yoloz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello , my gf and i are sexual active, we use condom and never breaks, but before we hv genital contact without any type of protection ( sometimes penetration)but its not for too long ( never camed doing this and when i have the condom i always take my penis off her vagina so there is no risk)she always has her periods she takes her pill daily she did a blood exam in september and everything was fine, but shes always with nauseas pains in her stomach her head is always hurting, recently she was always going to the bathroom and was always hungry , she had stomach problems and had to get a surgey and she is super stressed and has anxiety problems because of the school and personals problems, could she be pregnant or its just the strees and the anxiety? thanks for your time

--------------------
yolo

Posts: 7 | From: Portugal | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the boards, yolo. [Smile]

The only way to determine if someone is pregnant is through a home pregnancy test or a test given by a healthcare provider.

It certainly does not sound likely, given you are always using a condom and are not reporting any of your condoms breaking or slipping off.

However, if she is having constant headaches and stomach pain, clearly something is up, even if it's probably not pregnancy, so she should see a doctor or clinic regardless to find out what and get some care. She also should follow up with her doctors if she has recently had a surgery, which obviously could be part of some or all of this.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yoloz
Neophyte
Member # 109928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yoloz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
many times that she had this pains she went to the docter but they always say that its from the stress/anxiety and they give pills for the stomach or even some pills so she can calm down but nothing seems to work and i get really worried because i really dont want to get her pregnant and i try to be super carefull but this pains really stress me out but thanks for your help [Smile]

--------------------
yolo

Posts: 7 | From: Portugal | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds, then, like either this is already being addressed by her doctors or, if she feels these doctors are not working well with her, that it may be time for her to see about being referred to someone new.

It also sounds like maybe right now you BOTH might be too stressed for sex to be something that is working for you. Sometimes it can be a good idea to take some time away from sex when everyone's plate is too full already, or when it is causing them extra stress they can't manage.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yoloz
Neophyte
Member # 109928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yoloz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i forgot to say something , sometimes she feels a heart beating in her tummy and like "butterflys" is that normal? im sorry for bothering you :/

--------------------
yolo

Heather
Member # 3

Pregnant people cannot feel a fetal heartbeat in their own bodies (and certainly not in their bellies, since that is not even where a fetus would be!), and since it sounds like she has been having ongoing healthcare, you can know she is clearly not pregnant. If she is hearing or feeling a heartbeat in her body, she can be sure it is her own.

Too, "fluttering" feelings in the abdomen felt by pregnant and not-pregnant people alike? Not a fetus: fetuses don't flutter. Most of the time, that feeling is gas.

I'm not bothered, but it really sounds like the answer here is a) you two taking a break from sex since it's stressing you both out, and b) her following up with all these issues and concerns with her doctors, okay?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

yoloz
Neophyte
Member # 109928

okay thanks allot for your help [Smile]

--------------------
yolo

Heather
Member # 3

Sure thing. [Smile] Anything else we can help you with today?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

yoloz
Neophyte
Member # 109928

its all once again thanks allot ill make sure to go to the doctor with her to see if we can find out whats going on

--------------------
yolo

Heather
Member # 3

You can likely also ask, or she can, when either of you are there, for any extra information around this, too. She can also ask about other birth control options that may be available to her if this is something where you both feel like this would NOT be stressful for you if you had other methods to use besides condoms and withdrawal.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Heather
Member # 3

Hey, yoloz, just to be sure I am not misunderstanding -- as one of our volunteers thinks I might be, and that's certainly possible! -- are you saying you DO always use condoms for intercourse or that you don't, or only do sometimes?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

yoloz
Neophyte
Member # 109928

i always use condom

--------------------
yolo

Heather
Member # 3

Okay, that's what I thought from the start. Just making sure, so I could be sure I wasn't giving you the wrong information! [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

yoloz
Neophyte
Member # 109928

and i even calculate when her period comes plus the ovulation times so we can be safe

--------------------
yolo

Heather
Member # 3

That's actually not a very accurate way to do that, but honestly, it likely would not add anything more than you already have here: using condoms and withdrawal both properly gets you already about as close to 100% protection as it gets. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.