Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Pregnancy scare? :/

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy scare? :/
stephanie x
Neophyte
Member # 109892

Icon 9 posted      Profile for stephanie x     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a pregnancy scare/condom failure about two ago. My period was due on the 18th of March, but it never came and I'm pretty sure that it's due to the amount of mental stress I put myself through when I worried over possibly being pregnant. I took two pregnancy tests after my missed period, three days apart and both came back negative. My period is still missing, but I'm reassured that I did not get pregnant when the condom broke some weeks ago.
However, my paranoia is returning because last night I had sex with my boyfriend, and he's relatively inexperienced and several mistakes were made, at least I've convinced myself of this today with all my overthinking. He put the condom on inside out, and he didn't pull out as soon as he ejaculated, and didn't hold the base of the condom as he withdrew. I checked the condom for rips or tears afterwards. There were none, but it did slip a little/ become a little loose at the base at the end, nothing major, just a little up the shaft. However, I'm worried that some of his semen could have found it's way/leaked out of the bottom of the condom and up into,well me. because he didn't withdraw while still erect and didn't hold the base. How likely is that?
Now here's some stuff about me that may help you guys give me some advice:
1. According to an ovulation calculator going from my last period (February 17th), I was NOT "ovulating" yesterday, and I won't be until next week. I use quotes because I don't even know if it's possible for me to ovulate.
2. My periods are EXTREMELY irregular/ nonexistent. I am bulimic and am underweight, enough to be considered anorexic. Some months, my period never comes. But I was not sexually active until last month, so now I'm scared that the reason they don't come is because of a possible pregnancy, when I know that it's likely because of my crappy eating habits.
3. I'm under a ton of stress, I smoke a lot of cigarettes and I exercise very often.

What do you guys think? How likely is it, if any sperm found it's way into me last night, that I could get pregnant? I just need some peace of mind, I stress too much over this. Thanks for any insights! x

--------------------
stephanie c.

Posts: 1 | From: Houston, TX | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Stephanie,

So, since the condom did not break or come all the way off, the most likely outcome is that it did what it was supposed to. However, there is no way for us to say for sure what the exact odds of that are.

As to your ovulation question, you might want to give this a read:
Let's Dial Down Some (Maybe) Ovulation Freakouts

It sounds like engaging in this level of sexual activity is causing you a lot of anxiety. Have you considered talking to your partner about scaling back this behavior to a place where you feel more comfortable? It sounds like correctly using condoms is an issue. Would you like some readings on that?

[ 03-24-2014, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1290 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.