Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » please help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: please help!
karlenepsychedelia
Neophyte
Member # 109889

Icon 9 posted      Profile for karlenepsychedelia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay so last month i got my normal period when it was expected, & now i'm expecting my period in 2 days but my boobs aren't sore. usually, before i start my period my boobs get extremely sore & now they aren't sore at all. am i pregnant? [Frown] (((
Posts: 16 | From: Denver Colorado | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you had a pregnancy risk since your last period?

Periods can vary from month to month, and that also includes which PMS symptoms we experience and when we experience them. Not having one symptom that you usually have does not have to mean anything, so at this point I'd just wait another few days to see what happens.

[ 03-30-2014, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9186 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karlenepsychedelia
Neophyte
Member # 109889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karlenepsychedelia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, i didn't have a pregnancy risk since my last period.
i'm just very scared because my boobs ALWAYS get sore , & now they're not. [Frown]

Posts: 16 | From: Denver Colorado | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you have not had a risk, then you cannot be pregnant.

Even if your breasts always get sore, that fact alone does not mean anything, except that your body is a body and not a machine, and sometimes does things a little bit differently than you are used to.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9186 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karlenepsychedelia
Neophyte
Member # 109889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karlenepsychedelia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what if my period is late? will that mean something?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

This article covers common reasons for late periods: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

However, your period is not late, so let's not get ahead of yourself, okay? Worrying about things that haven't happened yet is generally not a super productive use of our time.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

karlenepsychedelia
Neophyte
Member # 109889

i did have a pregnancy risk before i had my period last month, do you think there is still is a chance that i could be pregnant?
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you had a period after that pregnancy risk, then is not possible to be pregnant now. Like Joey already said, our bodies are not machines and sometimes they react in different ways. [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karlenepsychedelia
Neophyte
Member # 109889

but i'm experiencing some pregnancy symptoms? [Frown]
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Pregnancy symptoms" are really not a sound way to consider whether you or anyone else might be pregnant, because pretty much all the things that usually get called "pregnancy symptoms" have many other possible causes, most of which are very ordinary. You can find out more about that here: Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul

The first indication that most people have that they may be pregnant is a missed period. The only reliable way to tell if someone is pregnant or not is to take a pregnancy test. If you're still feeling concerned you may be pregnant even after you've had a period, do you think seeing a test result would help clear that up for you?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karlenepsychedelia
Neophyte
Member # 109889

now that i think about it, i did ovulate about a week late this month.
does that also mean my period will be late as well?

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you chart daily to know when you ovulate? That's the only way for someone to reliably know when they ovulated.

If you ovulated about a week later than you usually do, then yes, your period would probably be around a week later than it usually is too.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karlenepsychedelia
Neophyte
Member # 109889

i was supposed to ovulate 2 weeks ago but i think i was ovulating last week because i had a lot of clear sticky discharge & i had some cramping.
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That kind of discharge is associated with ovulation but, again, the only way to reliably know when you're ovulating is to chart your cycle.
Posts: 1288 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karlenepsychedelia
Neophyte
Member # 109889

so does it sound like i ovulated?
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like I said, the discharge you're describing usually occurs around the time of ovulation, but there's no way for me to know for certain if that's what was going on.
If you'd like, you can read up on charting your cycles (which will help give you a better sense of when you're ovulating) here:
Get With the Flow: All About FAM

Posts: 1288 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Do you chart your cycle? That is the only to know when you ovulated. We certainly cannot know, since we are not psychic.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

karlenepsychedelia
Neophyte
Member # 109889

i don't cycle it but i do have an app that tracks my period & ovulation & it said i was supposed to ovulate two Weeks ago.
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Unless the app is having you track your temperature and your cervial fluid, it can't reliably provide you with an accurate assessment of when you are ovulating and not ovulating.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.