Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » m.i.a.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: m.i.a.
gogo2439
Neophyte
Member # 109401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gogo2439     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I was having terrible PMS symptoms but then I began bleeding and the symptoms disappeared two days into the "period" can I be sure it was a period and not some form of first trimester bleeding such as decidual bleeding? It was a shorter period than usual by about 2 days.

I took two pregnancy tests since then about 2 weeks apart from each other and both said negative. Also technically I took 3 but idk I'm skeptical of the third because it was at a pregnancy counseling organization and I feel that after they heard my rant they probably pulled out an old stock negative test to show me so they could save money and not have to waste a test on me. They didn't perform the test in front of me so I'm skeptical of the results.

Posts: 25 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gogo2439
Neophyte
Member # 109401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gogo2439     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh also its been 42 days since that last period started so that's why I'm really concerned. Of course you all can't tell me why I'm missing my period but can you at least tell me if the bleeding and disappearing of symptoms confirms that it was an actual period (even though it was a bit shorter. It was still heavy.)
Posts: 25 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gogo2439
Neophyte
Member # 109401

And to clarify, 2 days shorter is a 5 day period for me.
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A period being two days shorter is not that uncommon. Periods are not always the same every cycle. Same goes with PMS symptoms: sometimes they just last longer or shorter. Three negative pregnancy tests are a clear sign pregnancy didn't happen. [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gogo2439
Neophyte
Member # 109401

What about a period that was 5 days then but its now been 57 days since that period started...
What could cause a period to be late for 57 days?

gogo2439
Neophyte
Member # 109401

**not late for 57 days, but a cycle length of 57 days
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you seen this: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

[ 02-21-2014, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Redskies ]

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gogo2439
Neophyte
Member # 109401

So my period finally came. I think. It was heavy and lasted 7 days as usual, but it was so late. (Total cycle length:53 days) How do I know it was my period?
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it looked like your period, and lasted the normal amount of time for your period, then you can assume it was your period.
Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.