Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » could this gone wrong?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: could this gone wrong?
StarrDust1891
Neophyte
Member # 109581

Icon 5 posted      Profile for StarrDust1891     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, guys... I'm always checking this site and a while ago i left a message on a board.
The thing is, i had an unprotected intercourse where my bf didn't came. Ok.
Scared anyway that things could go wrong, i took the emergency pill.
One week later my period come, it lasted around 6 days. Ok, it was a period.
In the week i was having my period, one week and a half past i had unprotected intercourse and took the emergency pill (i took it around 12hours later the act) i made an blood hcg test that came out to be negative. (Yaaay \^^/)

Period ending i started taking regular contraceptive pills, i know i should have taken in the first day os period, but as things goes i only started taking after my period ended... and my cycle ended last sunday.
I was still scared i could be pregnant, so i took an home test, peed on the stick and negative again... it was abou two weeks and a half or more after the relation.

I'm scared now, cause i ended my cycle (my 21 pills) on sunday... and shouldn't i be bleeding already?
CoulD i be pregnant?

After that i started taking the pills and only had sex with condoms.

Please help, im scared [Frown] i can't be pregnant [Frown]

--------------------
"Quiet people have the loudest minds."

Posts: 35 | From: horror beach | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Am I hearing right that in the last few weeks or months, you have taken EC twice, and then also started the birth control pill?

If so, you can figure that it is most likely that for a few cycles, things may be pretty unpredictable, just because those are a lot of different hormonal messages, basically, to be sending your body in a short time, so it is common for the body to basically be all WTF? for a bit that given.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, given that you've had one period plus a negative pregnancy test (assuming you took the test correctly), those are both signs that you are not pregnant.

One side effect of emergency contraception is that it can change your cycle in unexpected ways, and starting BC pills may also cause some changes.

Just to clarify: after the unprotected incident is when you started the pill and using condoms?

Also, are you and your partner up to date on your STI testing?

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarrDust1891
Neophyte
Member # 109581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarrDust1891     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, it was like

Unprotected relation -> emergency pill 12hours later -> one week later period -> while i was having my period i made an blood hcg test(negative) -> period ending i started taking birth control pills -> then i bought a home test(negative) -> keep taking the pills till now, when i stopped [on sunday] for the seven days stop

And yes, after the incident i started using condoms.
He made sti test a while ago and i came out i clean, and i lost my virginity with him.

I'm still scared. :/ i know its kibda stupid but i was expecting my period so i could be like 100% "im okay"

--------------------

Posts: 35 | From: horror beach | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarrDust1891
Neophyte
Member # 109581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarrDust1891     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It all happened in the last 37days (+-)

--------------------

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, OK, thank you for clarifying.
As we said, the combo of EC plus starting hormonal birth control has the potential to throw your cycle through the loop. But, again, that negative pregnancy test, plus a period, is a strong sign that you are not pregnant.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarrDust1891
Neophyte
Member # 109581

Do you think it is necessary to have a third test? I trust the blood test but given the fact i made it one week and a half after the incident makes me insecure... and i get a lil insecure about the home test, i bought one that could be any pee of the day and the accuracy is of 99,6%, wich came negative too.
I made the blood test 1week and a half later the incident
And the home test 3weeks and a half.

Thank you for your patience! Thank you very much.

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By all means, two times of using EC plus starting BCPs in such a short time is something pretty much bound to mess up your cycles for a bit. That is a lot of hormones to take in a very short time.

I would figure your cycles will probably be off and unpredictable for the next couple of months, and just kind of prepare yourself for that.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

If you think that a third test would help you feel less stressed, then by all means that is something you should do. You may find this article comes in handy:
Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

StarrDust1891
Neophyte
Member # 109581

I only took the EC once.

--------------------

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Even just taking it once, plus the BC pills, is enough to cause an unpredictable cycle.
StarrDust1891
Neophyte
Member # 109581

Thank you so much for your time and patience.

So i can assume that i'm not pregnant given the facts i wrote here, right?
If my period doesn't show up this cycle it's because i took a large dose of hormones?

Just to be sure!

Thank you again!

--------------------

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

You're quite welcome, and that is correct.

I would say the hormones are the most likely reason why your cycle is off, but I can't be 100% certain of it because there are many factors that can cause a late or missing period. You may want to give this article a read, just for future reference:
M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

[ 02-26-2014, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

StarrDust1891
Neophyte
Member # 109581

Thank you for the link.
I'll read it!

My only concern is about the pregnancy. If i'm not pregnant, thaan it's okay...
I'll give it a way if it's something (anything) else! xD

--------------------

StarrDust1891
Neophyte
Member # 109581

Hey, so.. me again...
When i posted it, after i posted this thread...
I started liberating some fluid... it's not like a fluid but i dont know if i can call it a discharge either...
It's like a very very (that it even get to the panties) light secretion, that came a liiittle brownish at first, then with a liiitle thin light blood once yesterday and once today.
I was expecting my menstruation as usual -cause it seemed the start of it- but it still didn't show up... so... is it apparently okay?

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

You're asking for something we can't possibly know about your body.

If you are still asking if you are pregnant or not, our answer remains the same: we can't tell you that. Only a healthcare provider who can see you in person or a pregnancy test can.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

StarrDust1891
Neophyte
Member # 109581

But if the tests came back negative, then i'm not pregnant. OK.

I wanna know if this fluids could be normal, instead of a menstruation, given the fact that i took a EC and then started the BCPs?

--------------------

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you are spotting, which is a normal side-effect both of taking EC and of starting hormonal birth control.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.