Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Worried about implantation bleeding?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worried about implantation bleeding?
jclark283
Neophyte
Member # 109509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jclark283     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone. On Jan. 1, I had genital to genital touching with my bf and 3 days later I got my normal period.

On Jan 29 I started to experience cramps, bloating, gas, and sharp lower abdominal pains. After about a week they went away but my period was 5 days late so I took two HPT tests which came out negative. Than a few days later I started getting bloating and lots of gas again for another week.

I was then 2 weeks late for my period and took two more tests and it said negative. 2 weeks and 3 days later my period finally came and I am now on the third day. It started off really slow with brown discharge than yesterday it was at it's heaviest and I had light cramps. Today it seemed to really slow down although it was still enough to fill a pad. My periods usually last 5-6 days so I'm worried it's implantation bleeding although I may just be over thinking.

Any thoughts? Is it okay to sometimes be light and not be pregnant?

Posts: 26 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Implantation bleeding is something really rare and if and when it happens it won't be anything like a period.

Periods are not always the same, they can and usually change. Like we have said before our bodies are not machines so we should not expect the same every cycle.

You have taken several pregnancy tests and had 2 periods, right? All pregnancy tests were negative and that in addition with 2 periods are more than clear signs pregnancy is not an issue here. [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jclark283
Neophyte
Member # 109509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jclark283     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reply, Edith.
I really hope it's not implantation bleeding, and wouldn't it be too late for it too?

I'm only worried because my period was two weeks late and now it seems like it's stopping after only 3 days. [Frown]

Posts: 26 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jclark283
Neophyte
Member # 109509

So I had slow bleeding Saturday, Sunday it was quite heavy and I had cramps. It was able to fill two pads. Monday it slowed down a lot and it only filled one pad. And for birth days it was the typical dark red colour. Now today it's not coming out at all, but when I wipe it's a light red colour. I've also noticed that sometimes when I wipe there's some mucuous in the blood.
This isn't normal for me because it usually lasts 5 days, days 2-4 are usually heavy and it just seemed so much shorter. Could this actually be implantation bleeding? How could I possibly be pregnant when I didn't have intercourse so my risks are low, AND I did 4 HPT 5 days after my late period, and 2 weeks after my late period. So confused and worried

jclark283
Neophyte
Member # 109509

Both*
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Implantation bleeding is not only fare, but when it does occur it is light, brief spotting, nothing like what you are describing.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jclark283
Neophyte
Member # 109509

Thank you, Heather.
Even though I've never experienced this before could it be normal to just come out of nowhere? I'm kind of worried because it was so short and completely stopped today except for when I wipe.

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Edith mentioned, Periods are not always regular, both in their timing and in their symptoms. So, even if you usually have very consistent symptoms, it's not unusual for them to vary once in a while.
Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I her you saying you are still having some flow, what you are seeing what you wipe, at day four, and that typically, your periods are only five days long. In other words, I do not hear you describing any major change here in the first place.

But yes, periods can be different or shift or change in some ways sometimes like this, often for no clear discernible reason.

Do you have a good general reproductive health reference book for yourself? If not, it is sounding to me like that might really be a good thing for you. How about getting a copy of Our Bodies, Ourselves, both to spend some time with, period, but also to have as a first place to look when you have concerns, rather than what sounds like doing too much googling or basing your ideas on information from sources that likely are often not sound or credible? Hint: even a term like implantation bleeding is rarely used in credible sources, so when you are doing things like searching for internet-popularized terms like that, you are going to get to a lot of misinformation and iffier info, because heavy use of a term like that tells us that someone using it is more likely to not have sound education.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jclark283
Neophyte
Member # 109509

I'm trying not to think anything of it, but usually it's heavier which is why I'm worried.

Would 4 tests he accurate?
I will take a look at this book, thanks so much Heather

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As long as you followed the instructions you can trust the test results, especially since you've taken so many.
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jclark283
Neophyte
Member # 109509

Thank you [Smile]
Heather
Member # 3

I'd also add that it may be some of these symptoms ARE coming from something...it's just not pregnancy.

So, if you keep having things like bad bloating and sharp abdominal pains, I'd encourage you to go see a healthcare provider to get those things looked into, okay? Just not being pregnant doesn't mean someone is okay, and you want to be sure those things aren't happening because of something up with your health that needs to be addressed.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.