Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » pregnancy possibility?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnancy possibility?
h.kirk100
Neophyte
Member # 87615

Icon 4 posted      Profile for h.kirk100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I were fooling around a couple days ago. We didnt have pants on, he had underwear on and I had a thong on. I have read a lot of the information on here about dry humping. My question is, because I had a thong on, does pregnancy pose a risk? PLEASE HELP!
Posts: 24 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have already answered this for you the last time you posted about an identical situation, and had a conversation with you about it of depth.

The answers the last time are going to be the same for this time.

Since you clearly do not feel comfortable with these kinds of activities, can I ask why you keep choosing to engage in them?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
h.kirk100
Neophyte
Member # 87615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for h.kirk100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Heather, I know the situations sound similar. It was just in this case neither of us had pants on. We just had underwear and mine were a thong. I think on the article I read it said something that a thong could pose a risk. Please tell me what you think.
Posts: 24 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Underwear are clothing: he had some on, you had some on. Even if your piece was not actually covering your genitals, his was.

Our pieces make very clear clothing presents a barrier to there being a pregnancy risk.

But if you are not comfortable doing these things, then it's on you to choose not to do them until you do. If this is now the second time you have done something like this and freaked and worried and come here because of how you feel, you can see the pattern here. Clearly, you don't feel okay about this, so the answer isn't to keep doing it, the answer is to step back from it and first figure out what you need to BE okay with them, and feel just fine after, okay?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
h.kirk100
Neophyte
Member # 87615

Icon 2 posted      Profile for h.kirk100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Heather,
I have another question.. Sorry to keep bugging you. Since my period is normally 28 days apart. But last month it was a few days late...Should it be 28 days from then until my next one? Or will it be longer. Because 28 days would be today and I havent started. My boyfriend tells me not to worry at all but because he only had underwear on and my thong was very thin I freak myself out. I am sorry I keep asking for reassurance but if you could give me some I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Heather
Member # 3

I can't possibly predict when your period will arrive. There's just no way I can know something like that.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

h.kirk100
Neophyte
Member # 87615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for h.kirk100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im sorry...I guess my question is, if my period is late or something. Is there any reason I need to worry about pregnancy. I have such anxiety and really just want to be 100% sure
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your period being late doesn't change any of what's already been said about pregnancy risks. This article has some info on late periods, although it doesn't even sound like yours is late yet: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
h.kirk100
Neophyte
Member # 87615

So my risk is 0% or is there even a slight possibility? Like should I take a test?
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have already gone over your risk with you.

If you feel that taking a test will help calm you down, then by all means that is something you can do. But, as Heather has mentioned, it might be best to take some time and figure out what level of sexual activity you are OK with that won't cause you repeated anxiety.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
h.kirk100
Neophyte
Member # 87615

Icon 2 posted      Profile for h.kirk100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So even if my period is late, I still have no reason to worry about pregnancy?
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've been really clear about the answer to that, in this thread and previously with you.

Us giving you that answer is obviously not helping you either to accept the answer or to feel less worried, so clearly, it's time to try something different. Do you have any sense of why you're struggling to accept the answer or why you keep worrying? If that's something you want to think about but you're not sure where to start, You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are? talks about a number of things that can be going on for people.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.