Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Precum on condom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Precum on condom
manyquest
Neophyte
Member # 109727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manyquest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, being a bit paranoid.. Had sex with my gf about 4 days ago, we used condoms as we always do, however we had a bit of foreplay before.

She gave me a handjob and while I did not finish she may have got some pre-cum left over on her hand.

I then put the condom on, but she carried on with the hand job for a bit before we actually had sex. While there is no way of being totally sure, let's say for argument sake she had some precum left on her hand when she was giving me a hj, whilst I had the condom on already.

Would you think it is likely her getting pregnant from us having sex after this? Thank you!

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi manyquest,

Can you take a look at this thread? You might find it helpful to pay attention to the things that CAN pose a risk of pregnancy and then compare them to your situation
http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/10/t/002611.html#000000

[ 03-04-2014, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manyquest
Neophyte
Member # 109727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manyquest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Sam W. Reading that list, I guess it puts me into the low chance category, and I did read a bunch of other sites, but would be reassuring to hear this from somebody else.. I know it's stupid.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manyquest
Neophyte
Member # 109727

To add to what I said above, we also had sex the previous day, and I don't believe that I urinated between the two occasions.
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are correct that you are in the low risk category. However, that has to do with having had intercourse rather than with the potential precum, as even intercourse with a condom will never be 100% risk free. However, if you used the condom correctly and it did not break or come off, then you can assume it did it's job.

[ 03-04-2014, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manyquest
Neophyte
Member # 109727

Thank you Sam, I appreciate the time you've taken to reply. It puts my mind at more ease. And I understand there is never a 100% guarantee. We always try to be careful, but no matter how careful you are things just happen sometimes..

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.